PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 06:42 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [09/16/08] JUICY ROM v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arts View Post
Do you have to relock the phone after the upgrade is complete?
No. Custom ROMs require unlocked bootloader. DO NOT RELOCK (unless your going back to stock)
Old 09-18-2008, 06:45 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
Juicy47, Since we have the new thread. You could consider shutting this one down...
That way you dont hafta keep track of two threads... just PM a mod w/ request if you choose to
Old 09-19-2008, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Telus)
Carrier: Telus

CNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wond3r View Post
im at 80% now... havent used the phone except to check the battery right now.
maybe my battery is faulty?
(and i did a full cycle prior to charging this time)
As another data point... I took my phone off the charger at 7:30 this morning. It's now 10:00 pm, and I'm at 37% power. I haven't used it much today; maybe 10 minutes of phone, about 30 minutes of GPS, and about 20 e-mails. Plus 10 minutes or so of Teeter. But that's still about 14 hours of standby.

Clint
Old 09-19-2008, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: TELUS

dj_mysha is keeping up the good workdj_mysha is keeping up the good work

Just flashed 1.11, my first cooked ROM, very exciting! I flashed my Vogue to the leaked TELUS ROM a while back, but that was fairly official, so it doesn't really count. I guess now I'm only mostly noob'ish?
First, thanks to Juicy47 for a HUGE improvement over the stock TELUS ROM. The phone is much quicker now, with the biggest improvements that I've noticed so far being GPS satellite acquisition times and the overall responsiveness of TF3D, particularly the People tab. Also, thanks to cmonex for the unlock!
Second, I'd definitely recommend flashing to this ROM. It's faster and WAY more stable. I was nervous (first-timer!), but unlocking and flashing is much easier than I expected, BIG thanks to tobeychris for the very well put together tutorial.
Third, I can't wait for v2!
Finally, I'm still pretty new here, so I don't know the who's who, but I know that there were lots of other people involved in the creation and testing of the unlocker and ROM, so thanks to you as well!
I'm thinking that's probably enough gushing for one day!
Myke...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (CDMA)

nsx-g88 is a n00b

hey Juicy, do you think i'll be alright with all the methods and apps if Im running vista 64 bit? I don't want the flashing app to hang on me or error out, that would be bad since thats interruption and that can cause one to brick the phone.

thanks for your reply.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Lurker

NosferatuOMeGa is a n00b

There's no issues using Vista 64-bit.. That's what i'm using.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:34 AM
N00b

nsx-g88 is a n00b

to be frank with you guys, I'm a complete n00b when it comes to phones, the way it works.

The deal with Telus and I is an unlimited data plan (personal email, IM and web 30) + voice 30.

To my understanding, since I asked the sales rep and the customer service rep over the phone they said my data plan only consists of data coming in the form of emails, IM and web browsers (opera and internet explorer). With juicy's rom, it comes with google maps and internet connection sharing. When I use google maps, it displays some digit of KB at the top right of the screen, that might indicate the amount of data I downloaded from the data connection.

my question is whether that is considered browsing, I just don't want to see unforseen amounts on my bill if its considered tethering.

thanks for everything guys, keep up the great work.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:40 PM
N00b

nsx-g88 is a n00b

anyone?
Old 09-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Any data you use on your phone should be fine.

As long as you are not teathering, using voip, or streaming (downloading a movie or something), you'll be fine. Your data usage is probably less than a gigabyte a month. Don't worry about it.

Just in case... google maps is fine
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz

I'm loving 1.08!
Apart from the fact that upon using Oncourse it sets my time to Dublin, it's wicked!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development