PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 06:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4/20/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21901 / 23563 | Light / Standard | BuiltIn Co0kie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZR View Post
Running your 23563 test ROM. Looks great, but unfortunately, my phone won't ring on incoming calls. It'll vibrate, but no ringer.
if u try and play the ringtone through the settings does it play?

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / TP2 / Arrive
Carrier: Sprint since 1999

meangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuff
Re: [4/20/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21901 / 23563 | Light / Standard | BuiltIn Co0kie

Quote:
Running your 23563 test ROM. Looks great, but unfortunately, my phone won't ring on incoming calls. It'll vibrate, but no ringer.
I am running the test ROM 23563 as well, it is ringing on incoming calls for me. Could be a bad flash?
Old 04-28-2010, 06:48 PM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JZR is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
if u try and play the ringtone through the settings does it play?
False alarm (i.e., I'm an idiot). I was doing some troubleshooting in response to your question, and found the problem. I was using Windows to set the ringer instead of Manila. When I went into Manila to try changing the ring, I noticed that the ringer volume was at 0. Not sure if that was the default setting in the ROM or if I somehow accidentally changed it. Thanks for the quick response.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:50 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i noticed a little more than a few grabbed the new test version.
please comment on looks, speed, how is the scrolling(is there a noticable difference), and since everyone likes to know about batt life... also that.
thanks.
if this works good ill update all the roms soon.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:00 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
False alarm (i.e., I'm an idiot). I was doing some troubleshooting in response to your question, and found the problem. I was using Windows to set the ringer instead of Manila. When I went into Manila to try changing the ring, I noticed that the ringer volume was at 0. Not sure if that was the default setting in the ROM or if I somehow accidentally changed it. Thanks for the quick response.
mmm, the setting should be at about half the vol when u first flash... but i'm not 100% sure since i didn't change that setting since i first started cooking roms for myself...
anyways... im happy it worked out.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:24 PM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JZR is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
i noticed a little more than a few grabbed the new test version.
please comment on looks, speed, how is the scrolling(is there a noticable difference), and since everyone likes to know about batt life... also that.
thanks.
if this works good ill update all the roms soon.
Looks good. Speed might be a little slower than the last release, but not enough to be sure. Scrolling is great, much better than previous releases. I'll let you know about battery life in a couple of days, since that's about how long it takes my battery to stabilize.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

ICantAffordIt is just getting started

23653 test rom cleared up the mms problem I was having too. I don't know if it was something changed, or the difference between the light and standard versions, or maybe just a bad flash before. Everything has worked for me so far. I haven't noticed a big difference in performance... it seems faster and better scrolling, but that may just be the placebo effect because you said it would be faster I'll let you know more as I use it more.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:33 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICantAffordIt View Post
23653 test rom cleared up the mms problem I was having too. I don't know if it was something changed, or the difference between the light and standard versions, or maybe just a bad flash before. Everything has worked for me so far. I haven't noticed a big difference in performance... it seems faster and better scrolling, but that may just be the placebo effect because you said it would be faster I'll let you know more as I use it more.
mmm, i never thought about the diff between light and standard when it comes to mms...
maybe someone can say if mms works for them on the light version... it might be missing java... although i dont think it should matter.
about the speed... i know that scrolling should be better for sure... speed is probably the same.. although better scrolling could make it seem faster.
anyways... thanks for the comments.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:48 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Would you mind posting your SYS folders for the newer builds? Particularly 21899 & 21901. Much appreciated.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:24 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Would you mind posting your SYS folders for the newer builds? Particularly 21899 & 21901. Much appreciated.
i know i usually do, but finals are coming up and since i use only what i cook when i port a sys to my kitchen, i would have to resort things.. i can give u what i use but it would have missing drivers that add later and a bunch of icons, not to mention titanium and such.
all things that u can probably add from another sys... but not sure if u want to do that... and btw.. i already erased my sys 21899.
let me know... if u do ill zip it up and upload.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development