PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 01:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4/20/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21901 / 23563 | Light / Standard | BuiltIn Co0kie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
im happy u like it
1) its a images... so i would have to edit them and take it out and then report it to the manila files. if u know how to then u can just do it yourself... if not.. do a search for clear home screen or something like that... u will find some cabs that already has those files ready with clear images.
2) i think thats an issue with CHT 1.7.1.... u should install 1.7.1.1... it should fix it.
Thanks amikam for the information, and my apologies for the late reply. That said, I'm happy to report that I had success setting Thumbcal as the home screen calender link with CHT 1.7.1.1. It was somewhat of a battle though, as the first few attempts with 1.7.1.1 failed to stick, even after soft resets. Nonetheless, after running SKTools cleaner and registry optimizer, the Thumbcal link started working for some reason.

In regard to removing the home page horizontal separating lines on 23563 Standard, I had no problem clearing the clock area with santod's no background cab. Plus, there's an option in CHT that removes the lines from the notification bar option that I plain missed, lol... Sorry to pester you on that one. Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out how to remove the last lines above and below the date-alarm area, and have tried some transparency and no background cabs from Santod and others, to no avail. The lines are not a big deal, but it would be nice to get rid of them, lol.. Moreover, I have zero experience with Chainfire's editor, and am not sure which specific manila file and png images to modify at this point? In turn, any help or direction from anyone would be appreciated.

As far as MikROM feedback goes, your Days on Cal - all sliders cab works great with 23563 Standard and your included custom slider. Thank you! That said, your Days on Calender cab specifically for your slider works too, but the lower half of the day is really hard to see here.

Another thing I've noticed and have meant to post about, is that I've not been able to make edits stick to the slot cycle index or anything on the phone side, without flashing back to stock and making the changes. Anyway, not sure if it's due to using the leo dialer or what, but it may be something worth noting for anyone that needs to tweak some phone side settings.

On a huge positive note, lol.., there have been zero SOD's or issues with the slider dropping down to half covered on this current ROM so far.

Many thanks & cheers once again for all the great work amikam!
Best to all,
R
Old 04-28-2010, 01:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [4/20/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21901 / 23563 | Light / Standard | BuiltIn Co0kie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
Thanks amikam for the information, and my apologies for the late reply. That said, I'm happy to report that I had success setting Thumbcal as the home screen calender link with CHT 1.7.1.1. It was somewhat of a battle though, as the first few attempts with 1.7.1.1 failed to stick, even after soft resets. Nonetheless, after running SKTools cleaner and registry optimizer, the Thumbcal link started working for some reason.

In regard to removing the home page horizontal separating lines on 23563 Standard, I had no problem clearing the clock area with santod's no background cab. Plus, there's an option in CHT that removes the lines from the notification bar option that I plain missed, lol... Sorry to pester you on that one. Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out how to remove the last lines above and below the date-alarm area, and have tried some transparency and no background cabs from Santod and others, to no avail. The lines are not a big deal, but it would be nice to get rid of them, lol.. Moreover, I have zero experience with Chainfire's editor, and am not sure which specific manila file and png images to modify at this point? In turn, any help or direction from anyone would be appreciated.

As far as MikROM feedback goes, your Days on Cal - all sliders cab works great with 23563 Standard and your included custom slider. Thank you! That said, your Days on Calender cab specifically for your slider works too, but the lower half of the day is really hard to see here.

Another thing I've noticed and have meant to post about, is that I've not been able to make edits stick to the slot cycle index or anything on the phone side, without flashing back to stock and making the changes. Anyway, not sure if it's due to using the leo dialer or what, but it may be something worth noting for anyone that needs to tweak some phone side settings.

On a huge positive note, lol.., there have been zero SOD's or issues with the slider dropping down to half covered on this current ROM so far.

Many thanks & cheers once again for all the great work amikam!
Best to all,
R
happy u got it going...
about the days on cal... its a little complicated to make it fit and be big on the tiny tab image... so im not sure what to do about it yet... i might need to change the icon or something so i can make it fit better... or i can always just lose the text on the small icon and just leave the full day as it is on the big icon.
im not sure yet what to do about it.
originally i took the already existing cab and made the day show in full instead of 3 letters and switched some colors and sizes and locations around... the small icons are an issue... maybe i should just change the format of it to show the complete date. i.e 04/28/2010 or just 04/28... originally i wanted to make it like: Wednesday, April 28 show on the big icon... but it looks bad because i had to split it to day on top in the middle month and date on the bottom. so i gave that up.
i dont know.. any ideas are welcome.
anyways... since i dont want u to dig through about 2000 files... here is a clear background for u... to lose all the white lines in the homescreen.
Attached Files
File Type: cab MikROM Clear HomeScreen.cab (4.7 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils

Last edited by amikam; 04-28-2010 at 01:57 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
happy u got it going...
about the days on cal... its a little complicated to make it fit and be big on the tiny tab image... so im not sure what to do about it yet... i might need to change the icon or something so i can make it fit better... or i can always just lose the text on the small icon and just leave the full day as it is on the big icon.
im not sure yet what to do about it.
originally i took the already existing cab and made the day show in full instead of 3 letters and switched some colors and sizes and locations around... the small icons are an issue... maybe i should just change the format of it to show the complete date. i.e 04/28/2010 or just 04/28... originally i wanted to make it like: Wednesday, April 28 show on the big icon... but it looks bad because i had to split it to day on top in the middle month and date on the bottom. so i gave that up.
i dont know.. any ideas are welcome.
anyways... since i dont want u to dig through about 2000 files... here is a clear background for u... to lose all the white lines in the homescreen.
Wow amikam, you really rock! Thank you so much for making the MikROM Clear HomeScreen cab! It works perfect. You're too kind! Cheers!

In regard to your Day on Calendar cabs, the one you made for your specific slider looks great when highlighted. The lower part of the day is just tough to see when not highlighted here. Plus, your Day on Cal - all slider cab works great, even with the 2.5x Glass Bubble Slider Tab that I'm using at the moment. Many thanks... That said, I'm guessing it would be really hard to make anything so small fit and look any better. Thanks so much again.

Cheers,
R
Old 04-28-2010, 02:44 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
Wow amikam, you really rock! Thank you so much for making the MikROM Clear HomeScreen cab! It works perfect. You're too kind! Cheers!

In regard to your Day on Calendar cabs, the one you made for your specific slider looks great when highlighted. The lower part of the day is just tough to see when not highlighted here. Plus, your Day on Cal - all slider cab works great, even with the 2.5x Glass Bubble Slider Tab that I'm using at the moment. Many thanks... That said, I'm guessing it would be really hard to make anything so small fit and look any better. Thanks so much again.

Cheers,
R
it would be hard... although the size is not a limitation... the way that it would look is.
im happy the cab is working for u.
btw... how is the fix for bg4a working for u?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
it would be hard... although the size is not a limitation... the way that it would look is.
im happy the cab is working for u.
btw... how is the fix for bg4a working for u?
In regard to the look... Yikes, I can only imagine how tedious some of the graphics must be, and especially... if you're going for perfection. Heck, just messing around in photo shop with a few of mwalt2's mods works my bum, lol... and his directions are great. If I had to figure it out on my own, it would take hours and hours... In turn, I've come to really appreciate you, mwalt2, OMJ, as well as many of the other excellent chefs and graphics masters here and at xda... Thanks so much again.

As to the fix for BG4All, are you referring to volDeus's and mwalt2's top and bottom bar transparency and landscape alignment fix, or the manila lock screen alignment fix, or a different fix cooked into your latest and greatest ROMs? My apologies in advance for my ignorance, lol... it must be the late hour.

Cheers amikam! Thanks again...
R
Old 04-28-2010, 10:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

ICantAffordIt is just getting started

No more SOD's so far! Great ROM, the absolute best yet. The only issue I am currently having is with picture messages. Almost without fail, everytime I view a picture message, Sense shuts down when I close the picture. (I can still use the phone, but just the standard windows stuff.) A soft reset brings it back. I'm wondering if it would be the same if I used the stock messaging client? Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: I'm on the 23563 rom
Old 04-28-2010, 11:14 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICantAffordIt View Post
No more SOD's so far! Great ROM, the absolute best yet. The only issue I am currently having is with picture messages. Almost without fail, everytime I view a picture message, Sense shuts down when I close the picture. (I can still use the phone, but just the standard windows stuff.) A soft reset brings it back. I'm wondering if it would be the same if I used the stock messaging client? Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: I'm on the 23563 rom
i don't really send picture mail anymore.... since album support Facebook... thats my spot for images.
but i can give it a try when i get a chance to see if i have that issue on 21901.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:20 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ok... so i haven't seen any new sys for awhile now... i do want to update the rom with the newer cht cooked in and bg4a that works good with the locker.
i also want to add bsb tweaks and a bit more regedit that should speed up the roms a little... some moe skinning.
and for sys 23563 i got a better scrolling engine that will make it more like wm6.5... u should know what i mean... the kinetic scrolling in 23xxx kinda suck compared to 6.5 version... so i got that fixed.
ill put up a test rom for all u guys who r using 23563 in about an hour... seems like the standard version of that rom is being downloaded about 3 times more than any other one... so the test version will be standard version...
just because its labeled "test" doesn't mean its not good!!! it probably would stay exactly the same after i would end up taking the label "test" off of it anyways.
here is the link... it should be smoother and faster than the current 23653 rom.... so try it and tell me what u think.
23563 test

Last edited by amikam; 04-28-2010 at 12:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / TP2 / Arrive
Carrier: Sprint since 1999

meangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuff

Quote:
here is the link... it should be smoother and faster than the current 23653 rom.... so try it and tell me what u think.
23563 test
AMIKAM, thanks for the update on 23563, downloading now, will report back in the evening
Old 04-28-2010, 06:07 PM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JZR is becoming a great contributor

Running your 23563 test ROM. Looks great, but unfortunately, my phone won't ring on incoming calls. It'll vibrate, but no ringer.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development