PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 04:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [2/1/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 | SYS 21890]

i guess i'm addicted to playing around with cooking...
anyways... here's a test rom to test the packages of 2011.
keep in mind that not on all packages iv'e add my skinning, but i did converted some of them to fit vga.

here is what i've added from 2011 (topaz new rom):
HTML Code:
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_aGPS_Confirmation
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_AppointmentEditor
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_App_Service
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_Audio_Manager_Engine
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_BrowserSnapshot
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_Concurrence_Mgr
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_Contact_Picker
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_Contact_Utility_Engine
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_DeviceInfo - works
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_DiscretixDRM
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_DRM_Middleware
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_Dshow
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_Email_Setup_Wizard
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_Facebook_Engine
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_FlashLiteShareDLL
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_Full_Screen_Player
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_GoogleLocationService - works
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_GPS_GMM - googlemaps
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_GroupEditor
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_G_Sensor_Calibrator
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_HTCAnimation
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_HTCApplication
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_HTCBirthday
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_HTCBookmark
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_HTCFont_Link
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_HTCFramework - ported - works
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_HTCGeoService - ported - works
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_HTCMessage
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_HTCScroll
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_HTCSettings
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_HTCUtil
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_IE6Enhancement
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_Long_Press_End_Key - works
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_Menu_Enhancement - ported - works
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_Message_Enhancement
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_New_Contact_Card
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_Picture_Enhancement
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_Power - works
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_Quick_GPS - works
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_Resource_Proxy
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_Ringtone_Plugin
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_Settings_Improvement
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_SharedResource - ported - works
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_Shared_Modules
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_Social_Networks_Engine
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_Streaming_Media
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_Streaming_SDK
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_Text_Selection
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_TimeZoneAutoFix
PACKAGE_TOPAZ_S2_VBookmarkMgr
i've converted more than i mentioned... but those are the ones that i noticed works for right now... (it is 2:15 am right now over here) and some don't really need porting.

THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE NEW 2011 MANILA!!! ONLY THE NEW TOPAZ PACKAGES

Removed Link

if anyone need the converted packages only... let me know... but dont forget that im still testing... so not all might work... some are hard coded and just tweaking the xml and regedit is not enough... but im trying.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils

Last edited by amikam; 02-07-2010 at 01:25 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

I'm downloading now to test, will report back.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:00 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
I'm downloading now to test, will report back.
thanks.
try to look for resolution issues...
so far i know that the drop menus are bigger so they dont really fit the screen in some of settings screens.
and for some reason menu enhancement is too fast. i think ill slow it down in the future.
but as far as i can tell.... everything is much faster using those packages... maybe cuz i didnt recmod any of them or might just be cuz they newer.... not sure.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

NightlHlawk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjairal View Post
might be a silly question but did u turn on to use the gps on google maps. i know it usually just uses your cell signal when it starts off not as accurate as when u turn on the gps.
Yeah, I made sure I told Google Maps to use my GPS when I first used it. It's kind of weird that the newer versions of it don't have an option to turn GPS on or off in the menu.

And to the person who mentioned that the phone saves words automatically...it's never done that for me. =[ My phone still hasn't saved a single word no matter what method I've tried. lol

Random question, but has anyone noticed the Group function not working in Contacts? Have tried to add groups with no luck either.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:21 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightlHlawk View Post
Yeah, I made sure I told Google Maps to use my GPS when I first used it. It's kind of weird that the newer versions of it don't have an option to turn GPS on or off in the menu.

And to the person who mentioned that the phone saves words automatically...it's never done that for me. =[ My phone still hasn't saved a single word no matter what method I've tried. lol

Random question, but has anyone noticed the Group function not working in Contacts? Have tried to add groups with no luck either.
about the words being saved.... they do... but there is not list of them to choose from.

group never worked for me either... but i've been through every rom in this forum and it doesnt work in any rom i've tried so far... so i think it's just something that will never be fixed... if u guys know a rom that the group actually works on let me know which one... and ill make sure to use the same package and settings to make it work also.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Almost a VIP

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Haven't been able to flash the one with the new packages yet.. hopefully will get it done tomorrow morning.

Another note - when you sync your contacts with facebook, in the contacts application when I try to open their online albums it doesn't work. I've seen this working before on other ROMS as far as I can remember. Just wanted to let you know.

Thanks!
Old 02-04-2010, 12:32 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Haven't been able to flash the one with the new packages yet.. hopefully will get it done tomorrow morning.

Another note - when you sync your contacts with facebook, in the contacts application when I try to open their online albums it doesn't work. I've seen this working before on other ROMS as far as I can remember. Just wanted to let you know.

Thanks!
the fb albums wont work on my rom cuz im using album 3.1914 so i can get all the features besides that to work perfect.
the rom u saw it work in use album 3.2 with a newer media toolkit that wont fit album 3.1914.
if u notice... when u use one of those roms that use that (probably an omj rom) rotation in album is not really fitting the screen and while viewing a picture u get the funky black rectangle on the side... and u have to scroll between the images only in landscape and not portrait also.
thats a personal choice for me... i dont mind not seeing the facebook albums through manila...
if there will be a demand for switching to the version that work with albums ill make a rom with it...
im trying to give u guys exactly what i use for myself, but i can take requests also. thats y i even made a full version and a generic carrier, otherwise... i would just keep the lite version up.

btw... before u flash... i made a newer test version... skinned more things so that it matches and attempted to fix more of the 2011 packages to fit.
here is the link:
Removed Link

Last edited by amikam; 02-07-2010 at 01:25 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:03 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
the fb albums wont work on my rom cuz im using album 3.1914 so i can get all the features besides that to work perfect.
the rom u saw it work in use album 3.2 with a newer media toolkit that wont fit album 3.1914.
if u notice... when u use one of those roms that use that (probably an omj rom) rotation in album is not really fitting the screen and while viewing a picture u get the funky black rectangle on the side... and u have to scroll between the images only in landscape and not portrait also.
thats a personal choice for me... i dont mind not seeing the facebook albums through manila...
if there will be a demand for switching to the version that work with albums ill make a rom with it...
im trying to give u guys exactly what i use for myself, but i can take requests also. thats y i even made a full version and a generic carrier, otherwise... i would just keep the lite version up.

btw... before u flash... i made a newer test version... skinned more things so that it matches and attempted to fix more of the 2011 packages to fit.
here is the link:
MikROM_21890_Test_2011_Packages
Actually now that I think about it, the one where the FB albums worked was on my TP2 when I had it. So no worries, stick with what you think works best. I'm downloading your new one now, will flash tomorrow for sure.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:44 AM
Almost a VIP

Flashed right now, anything in particular I should be testing?
Old 02-04-2010, 10:46 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Flashed right now, anything in particular I should be testing?
nothing really... i think im aware of all the sizing issues. but that would be what u would see... i think everything else works great.
basically just use it as u usually do... and if u notice anything that doesn't work or looks weird... let me know.
thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development