PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

BustedNuts1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Renewing Sprint Contract: What credits/perks should I try to get?

I posted this over at slickdeals as well, but haven't received any real responses so I thought I'd post it here as well to see what you guys come up with.

I'm renewing my SERO 500min $30 plan and was wondering what perks or credits should I shoot for? I've only been a sprint customer for 2 years, but I remember a few months back a lot of people were getting $70 for signing up for a new 2 yr agreement. Also they did not lose their phone upgrade credit. I think that's a start. Also, if I could add Sprint Pick 3 (or 5) as well, I'd be pretty happy.

(Note: I tried to get sprint pick 5 added today, but was shot down. The CSR looked at my account, then asked if she could put me on hold; I immediately knew it was gonna be a no go. A few min later a supervisor came back and said that since I had a SERO plan, nothing else could be added. Well, we all know that's a lie. {I had literally just added pick 5 to another sero account 15 min prior})

So I thought I'd try again tomorrow to get it added, but I thought it'd be a good bargaining chip to sign another 2 yr agreement. However, I'd like to get the $70 credit as well and I think asking for both at the same time might be pushing it.

Should I get the $70 first, then try for the Sprint Pick 5? Or, are there other perks/credits that I should shoot for?
Old 08-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Renewing Sprint Contract: What credits/perks should I try to get?

i don't want to sound trollish, but i'm paying $69.99/month for 450 minutes. you're already getting a great deal and you want more?
Old 08-27-2009, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.8820 View Post
i'm paying $69.99/month for 450 minutes.
Apparently you're not aware of what's out there either. Dog, you're plan sucks (unless you have unlimited data, text, and free incoming minutes). You should head over to slickeals.net and read some of the posts about Sprint.

Quote:
you're already getting a great deal and you want more?
It's not about getting greedy, it's about getting what you're entitled to. Sprint has a lot of stuff that they don't actively promote. I had never heard about pick 3 or pick 5 (which gives you unlimited calling to those numbers), but it's out there.

Anyways, more than anything, I'm sorta rooting for you 8820. You definitely need a new plan, hopefully some of the sprint experts will weigh in here and this thread'll turn out beneficial to both of us.

Edit: Nevermind. It just hit me. You probably have the everything plan. In that case, yours isn't that bad if you do in fact get unlimited TV, GPS, Texts, etc. However, there are definitely a few ways that you could get some % off of your bill. Quite a few threads on it over at slickdeals and fatwallet.

Edit: #2, there's even that up to 27% thread here. You should definitely check that out. I'd love to get that, but it's near impossible to add % off to SERO plans.

Last edited by BustedNuts1; 08-27-2009 at 06:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i just think you're beating a dead horse with extra perks, but i do wish you good luck and hope you get it. btw, i gave up arguing about the discounts because on my shared line, i get 23% off. but my nextel line($69.99) only gets 15%. go figure lol
Old 08-28-2009, 09:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

@BustedNuts1

I will tell you this, you have one of the Original SERO Plans and you will be very limited on what you can add to it, if anything at all.
I got my brother switched to a SERO plan awhile ago. He was originally with Atnt for 4 years and I suggested he port over to Sprint because I knew the SERO Plans were ending in a couple of days.
He is on the 1000 A/T minute plan for $50, with unlimited almost everything.
You can try for the $70 credit but I am pretty sure that is all you will be able to get, if you can even get that.
Word of advice would be not to be forceful with Sprint, like saying you are thinking of leaving or anything like that.
I have a feeling Sprint won't be begging you to stay.
So I know that you would like anything you can get added to your plan but I would not want to push my luck.
I have some nice features that I have had added to my plan over the last couple of years, but with SERO, you are limited as you get alot already besides 500 minutes for $30.
You get unlimited data, picture mail, text messaging, and a few other things. ALL for $30/month.
Also I would not call too much regarding add ons as your account may be notated as such.
In other words, you can call to ask like you have, regarding add ons, but if you continually call to ask about the same thing, it may not look so good.
I remember when SERO first came out and people were signing up for those plans.
Everyone was trying to add any feature they could to those plans and some were successful.
Later on, many of those perks were removed by Sprint because they were added on in error, because many of the Reps were not knowledgeable regarding those plans.
That was then, and SERO has not been offered for awhile.
And with the Ensemble Billing System, there likely will not be anymore errors regarding add ons to a SERO Plan.
But as I said, you may be able to get your $70 credit.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 08-28-2009 at 09:41 AM. Reason: content change
Old 08-29-2009, 03:01 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Wow BustedNuts1, calm down a bit man.

Some people dont need to fight to get a good deal or any perks. They pay for what they have an dont try to get all up on a CSRs face.

You CAN renew the 2 year contract and get the $70 credit. Heck you can even do it in a corporate store if you want.

Keep in mind that your Phone Upgrade Eligibility date is different from your Rate Plan Date.

If you cant get what you want. Wait a couple of days and call again.

It's funny to see people who are with Sprint for a short amount of time get mad because they cant get what they want.

Ive been with Sprint since 2000 and I've been all around the board. And on both sides of the desk so I know what to expect with Sprint.

If you need anymore help, LMK

KTHNXBAI

I <3 Android
Old 08-29-2009, 01:51 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedNuts1 View Post
It's not about getting greedy, it's about getting what you're entitled to.
Here's why America has problems, people believe that they are ENTITLED to something that they are not entitled to... you really think that you're ENTITLED to get a discount? Nope...

You are ENTITLED to the right to vote
You are ENTITLED to free speech
You are ENTITLED to choose your religion

There's nothing in the Constitution that says "You are ENTITLED to discounts"

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
Here's why America has problems, people believe that they are ENTITLED to something that they are not entitled to... you really think that you're ENTITLED to get a discount? Nope...

You are ENTITLED to the right to vote
You are ENTITLED to free speech
You are ENTITLED to choose your religion

There's nothing in the Constitution that says "You are ENTITLED to discounts"
If we weren't entitled to it, then why does Sprint so freely hand it out?
I bet you when you buy cars, you pay full MSRP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99accordv6 View Post
Wow BustedNuts1, calm down a bit man.

Some people dont need to fight to get a good deal or any perks. They pay for what they have an dont try to get all up on a CSRs face.
Wow, I definitely don't call up demanding anything whatsoever. I never get mad, especially at a CSR, nor have even threatened to leave. Seriously, I'm one of their most pleasant customers, and I only ask if something could be added. If they say yes, great I move on with my day; if they say no, I just post in forum to get bashed for trying to pleasantly get a good deal. Just because something's good, doesn't mean you can't make it better.

Anyways, still some good info in there 99accordv6, and you too Biker1. All I was trying to find out if there were any unpublicized perks or promotions I should try for. I've learned that there's not. I just try to be an informed consumer and do all my research beforehand.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You can still get the $70 service credit.
And I have heard of others on SERO getting "Pick any 3 numbers" added also.
Pick 3 is free for plans over $40.
For plans under $30, it is $5/month.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:31 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedNuts1 View Post
If we weren't entitled to it, then why does Sprint so freely hand it out?
I bet you when you buy cars, you pay full MSRP.
No I negotiate to get the best deal possible, not that I feel that I am entitled to it...

You need to understand what entitlement means to understand where I'm coming from...
I'm not trying to argue with you here, I'm just saying you're not entitled to the best price, you negotiate the best price. Sprint freely hands it out to you when you negotiate it, they just don't give it to you because you're entitled to it... see where I'm coming from?

Quote:
Entitlement is a guarantee of access to benefits because of rights or by agreement through law

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion