PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 03:18 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint forcing premium data on ALL SMARTPHONES

lol, i just think this extra charge is bs is all, i'm sure most of the site feels the same...sans the evo and epic folks. i'm going to bed, when i wake up(hopefully), i'll post pics of the wifes' evo speed vs. my hd7......sprint people are paying more for less .
Old 01-20-2011, 03:22 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (The Most EPIC ppc.: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Wait for the announcement. We'll see what's bs and what's not.
Sprint has big plans. They are tgonna match whatever vzw is doing and they are raising prices for a reason.
I for one welcome our new sprint masters. I've always been loyal. I hope for a prime possition.
Edit; I meant overlords.

Last edited by austin420; 01-20-2011 at 03:27 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
lol, i just think this extra charge is bs is all, i'm sure most of the site feels the same...sans the evo and epic folks. i'm going to bed, when i wake up(hopefully), i'll post pics of the wifes' evo speed vs. my hd7......sprint people are paying more for less .
I think your wife is paying more for less.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung
Carrier: Me

sprintman is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprintman is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprintman is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprintman is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Haha! Thats the surprise they had for us. David Blaine did a magic trick to impose the 10 dollar fee on all!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:03 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Cmon people! Who cares what your speeds are. Like I and other people have said, the speeds vary by location. Yes tmo is faster in some areas and sprint is faster in others all due to signal coverage. For me sprint is faster where I live and also has better coverage, but for others tmo is better. It doesn't matter what your speed is since not everyone lives where you live. Enough already with the "mine is better than yours" crap. If you think sprint customers are paying too much then stay with whatever company you think is cheaper and be happy. Stop being little bullies and let people decide what they want to do. Is that too much to ask?

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
Cmon people! Who cares what your speeds are. Like I and other people have said, the speeds vary by location. Yes tmo is faster in some areas and sprint is faster in others all due to signal coverage. For me sprint is faster where I live and also has better coverage, but for others tmo is better. It doesn't matter what your speed is since not everyone lives where you live. Enough already with the "mine is better than yours" crap. If you think sprint customers are paying too much then stay with whatever company you think is cheaper and be happy. Stop being little bullies and let people decide what they want to do. Is that too much to ask?

For some people this is impossible. It's always a pissing contest.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

All of this "Sprint is faster in some areas" should really say "T-Mobile is faster in most areas."

Sprint has Wimax that is capable of a theoretical max of 10 meg download speeds. They have 4G covering 120 million people, in 45 cities. That is what Sprint claims. Now some of those 45 cities are really the same city- such as Tacoma and Seattle, or Dallas and Fort Worth.

T-Mobile has HSPA+ that is capable of a theoretical max of 21 meg download speeds. They have 4G covering 200 million people, in 100 cities. And they have announced that they are already in the process of doubling that max speed to 42 meg download speeds and should be done with the network wide rollout in the first half of this year.

And you should also know that T-Mobile does not suffer the same indoor issues that Sprint does with their 4G. T-Mobile 4G works the same way as their 3G. It's an upgrade to their 3G, not some totally new and different technology that uses different frequencies and requires 10x more towers. So their 4G works just fine inside buildings and has far fewer coverage holes. And the tower handoffs are a lot smoother too. Have you ever been streaming Pandora while driving with Sprint 4G? It drops the connection almost every time you change towers. Not an issue with T-Mobile's 4G.

I don't mean to get all T-Mobile on you guys (I actually have an Evo) but I'm just sick of seeing everyone blindly say "Sprint is better" without knowing the facts.

As for plans, I looked at T-Mobile's website and they have the following plans listed, all with unlimited data and messaging:
Individual plans:
Unlimited minutes: $99.99 (Sprint $109.99 with $10 fee)
1500 minutes: $79.99 (Sprint's closest plan is $99.99 with $10 fee for 900 minutes)
Family plans:
Unlimited minutes: 2 lines: $179.99, 4 lines: $319.99 (Sprint with $10 per line fee: $209.98, $409.96)
3000 minutes: 2 lines: $149.99, 4 lines: $229.99 (Sprint with $10 per line fee: $189.99, $249.97)

So lets stop with all the "Sprint is cheaper, faster, better coverage..." It's crap if you actually look at the facts. Yes, in your particular area Sprint may have better coverage, and for your particular plan Sprint may be cheaper. But for the majority of people out there, T-Mobile has faster speeds, better 4G coverage, and cheaper plans.

You might say "but Sprint plans include Navigation..." Well free navigation is available on any smartphone anyway.

If Sprint works for you, fine. But stop knocking this dude for finding something that worked better for himself. It would only help you if you did the research to find out if Sprint really is the best, like you all think. T-Mobile has undergone major network upgrades over the last few years so chances are they aren't the T-Mobile you knew that sucked a few years ago. They now have the nation's largest 4G network, and plans cheaper than Sprint's.

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 01-20-2011 at 11:35 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:38 AM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
Unlimited minutes: $99.99 (Sprint $109.99 with $10 fee)
1500 minutes: $79.99 (Sprint's closest plan is $99.99 with $10 fee for 900 minutes)
sprints ed450 is comparable to either of the plans you listed because of any mobile any network and nights starting at 7. on my family plan we use 8500 minutes a month and about 300 accually are part of my metered minutes.

Last edited by austin420; 01-20-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
chances are they aren't the T-Mobile you knew that sucked a few years ago. They now have the nation's largest 4G network, and plans cheaper than Sprint's.
the only problem with this is that they really didnt build out their network any. thay just upgraded their same tiny 3 g network. regardless of wether or not they have the largest 4g network or not, they still have the smallest overall footprint.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:05 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Straight off the sprint site:

"Sprint will increase its postpaid rates by applying a $10 pe month Premium Data add-on charge to activations of smartphones beginning Jan. 30. The charge will assist Sprint in offering simple and affordable unlimited plans f its customers while maintaining a wireless network able t meet the growing appetite for a richer mobile experience. Subscribers with smartphones will still receiv the best value in wireless, with features such as Any Mobile, Anytime offered nationwide only by Sprint."

What do you guys think?

Quote:

the first quote is the op, then you post the 2nd today....why'd you start the thread then?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion