PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint forcing premium data on ALL SMARTPHONES

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
What tmo plan are you on? My friend decided to cancel sprint. Since you and others keep saying that the plans are cheaper I would tell him which plan to get. He wants to get a wp7 phone so whichever plan is the best that includes unlmt texting and some type of navigation. Thanks

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
all he has to do is call t-mobile, tell them that he's thinking of leaving sprint, and what plans do they have that's compatible. all he has to do is make them win him, don't just settle for whatever is on the boards...you'd be surprised what good businesses do to attract new customers .
Old 01-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

For most of us who are on 4G phones... That 10 dollar fee isn't even going to be an issue as we already agreed to pay the fee.
So... I'm not even worried about the fee.
p.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

I'm an 11 year Sprint vet, $10 fee doesn't bother me at all. I've NEVER had a problem with them either, I'm rollin' with em' til wheels fall off!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

The only 'problem' I have is that the original purpose of the $10 was for 4g data... so I'd be pissed if I dont have a 4g enabled device. For all intents and purposes this is just an extra $10 padded onto your next plan or upgrade once you are eligible for either. That's the part that sucks...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 01-19-2011, 11:52 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatboyNYC View Post
Are you sure about that? I switched from a TP2 to a Hero and had my SERO plan changed to premium with the $10 fee already. So that means I won't see an additional $10?
Pretty sure. SeroP (non-4g) is already $40. So, that's supposed to be the $30 Sero + $10 smartphone charge.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:46 AM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

a one time, $20 option Google Voice now supports incoming number ports | BGR | Boy Genius Report. plenty of ways to make sprint bleed!
Old 01-20-2011, 12:54 AM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
a one time, $20 option Google Voice now supports incoming number ports | BGR | Boy Genius Report. plenty of ways to make sprint bleed!
Stellar!!! Thanks for the heads up!!
Old 01-20-2011, 01:25 AM
Account Disabled

no problem . for those not bending over for sprint, this is a good way to get back at the 3rd largest carrier and their "$10 because we're a broke ass network" smartphone charge.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT, DONT LAUGH TOO HARD

kaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
no problem . for those not bending over for sprint, this is a good way to get back at the 3rd largest carrier and their "$10 because we're a broke ass network" smartphone charge.
pretty stupid in my opinion unless you are not in contract and google voice doesnt support mms.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:46 AM
Account Disabled

let me guess.....another fandroid trolling lol.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion