PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010, 09:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

fishpony is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SERO Premium

anyone think you will be able to get an evo at a third party store once you're upgraded to sero premium. I have an EVO waiting at bestbuy for me.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 2 Touch Pro 2s
Carrier: Sprint SERO

udithadj is just getting started

Has anyone tried to add a new line of service?, I was refused today.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint -/|

mykie is becoming a great contributor

SERO Premium with an Epic 4G is now activated on my line! Woot!

Old 10-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Enzomatrx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabal View Post
I hadn't even thought about upgrading plans without upgrading devices. Is the added "any mobile anytime" really worth the extra $10 per month?

(probably a subjective question) - but is there really any other benefit of upgrading plans now without devices?
The Sprint Navigation is $9.99 a month through Telenav, now that's included. I already have Garmin on my Treo Pro, but I do like Sprint's navigation.

For me, I recently added a lot more usage to my Treo minute-wise and was at 460 minutes today out of 500, with 19 days left in my cycle. Being able to call everyone I know (I hardly call landlines except if it's a quick call to a business) without worrying about minutes for $10 more a month is worth it to me. Under F&F500, $10 would only have bought me an extra 60 minutes.

As of right now, I have any-mobile-anytime and do not have to worry about minutes again.

They pro-rated it, so my billing cycle is still the same, but I am now on SERO Premium.

At any time I can upgrade my device; you don't have to jump the gun on that today.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

kabal is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzomatrx View Post
The Sprint Navigation is $9.99 a month through Telenav, now that's included. I already have Garmin on my Treo Pro, but I do like Sprint's navigation.

For me, I recently added a lot more usage to my Treo minute-wise and was at 460 minutes today out of 500, with 19 days left in my cycle. Being able to call everyone I know (I hardly call landlines except if it's a quick call to a business) without worrying about minutes for $10 more a month is worth it to me. Under F&F500, $10 would only have bought me an extra 60 minutes.

As of right now, I have any-mobile-anytime and do not have to worry about minutes again.

They pro-rated it, so my billing cycle is still the same, but I am now on SERO Premium.

At any time I can upgrade my device; you don't have to jump the gun on that today.

That makes sense. For someone who was already close to a minute limit. I hardly go over 100 minutes so that aspect wouldn't benefit me. I also use TomTom (app) for GPS, never even tried the sprint version. I guess it comes down to an individual basis.

My main goal is simply to get a REAL android device. Android on TP2 is a great concept, but nowhere near an every day thing. Need to weigh my options as I just hit my 1-year mark for upgrade from my last purchase of the TP2 last year (literally 1 year to the day). So upgrading phones isn't as easy an option for me

Oh well, at least it IS a valid option to stay with SERO now though
Old 10-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, Asus Transformer TF101-B1

dja2k is keeping up the good workdja2k is keeping up the good work

Called *2 asked to be changed to Sero Premium and I am all set. Ordering the Samsung Epic now.

dja2k
Old 10-01-2010, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fishpony is becoming a great contributor

shot down at bestbuy, they can't get into my account. looks like a sprint store is the only option, i'm not dealing with a $100 mail in rebate. going to pick up a used pre to play with for awhile i think.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

thrasher086 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpony View Post
shot down at bestbuy, they can't get into my account. looks like a sprint store is the only option, i'm not dealing with a $100 mail in rebate. going to pick up a used pre to play with for awhile i think.
Did you switch over your account first from Telesales or did you try to do it all at Best Buy? I would think you can change the plan on the phone and then head over to Best Buy to do an upgrade. I could be wrong though so let us know.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:48 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpony View Post
call sprint first to have them upgrade you to the SERO premium and then go to best buy and get the phone.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 10-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

I didn't read over the whole thread, but I have the 30 dollar original sero plan. Heard about this asked customer care and this was their response. Apparently I can switch to sero premium if I like, for additional 10 which would give me unlimited mobile 2 mobile & navigation and if I wanted a 4G device it would be another 10 on top of that, to make the total 50 dollars. Here's a image of my ecare reply.
~Mike

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Tags
sero