PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Patch that enables home button support in XDAndroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
I should have gotten involved sooner i suppose but it's unclear why we need this. To fork off just for buttons?

We talked about enabling the zoombar to do more. Any ideas what we can use it for?
So a lot of people missed the long press on home to get the recent apps list. That was the reason for this mini-fork. Not much of a fork really, just undoes a couple of commits

To the zoombar, if we could slice it into a couple of buttons that would be awesome. like use the far right mag+ button as a search button, the far left mag- as long press home and the bar in the middle as an actual zoombar? I think that would work pretty well, and then we could have power=power and end call=home and for recent apps just hit the mag-... I'd definitely love having a dedicated search button as well
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
So a lot of people missed the long press on home to get the recent apps list. That was the reason for this mini-fork. Not much of a fork really, just undoes a couple of commits

To the zoombar, if we could slice it into a couple of buttons that would be awesome. like use the far right mag+ button as a search button, the far left mag- as long press home and the bar in the middle as an actual zoombar? I think that would work pretty well, and then we could have power=power and end call=home and for recent apps just hit the mag-... I'd definitely love having a dedicated search button as well
Stinebd spoke about this and the zoombar is just an extension of the screen. So we can pretty much do whatever we want. Do all rhods have zoombar?
Old 11-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Stinebd spoke about this and the zoombar is just an extension of the screen. So we can pretty much do whatever we want. Do all rhods have zoombar?
Good lord I hope so. I believe they do... Same w/topaz. We'll have to confirm with the constituents.

Just verified the 210 does.

So:

RHOD100 - Unknown
RHOD210 - Yes
RHOD300 - Yes
RHOD400 - Yes
RHOD500 - Yes

Am I missing any RHOD's? There's like 50 variants of the 100, but I think the base hardware is the same...

Last edited by arrrghhh; 11-05-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
I should have gotten involved sooner i suppose but it's unclear why we need this. To fork off just for buttons?

i hear some brains thinking ... We can probably make the whole thing dynamic.. Now just need to see how the xdandroid team feels about that. Kernle wise we can make the damn phone sing, but this is more of a userland thing in my eyes.

We talked about enabling the zoombar to do more. Any ideas what we can use it for?
Glad you didn't really get involved. I'd rather see you spend your time on something meaningful, lol. My personal opinion was that our phones should act the same way real android phones do. I kind of preferred the original button layout, but I never used the recent app thing.

As far as zoombar functionality, I'd rather see it utilized in specific applications only, not an always on function. Programs like browsers, camera (when it is working), and document viewers are good examples. We could try an always on function like search, but I have a feeling there will be a lot of mis-touches that just tick people off by pulling up search each time they meant to hit something else. Our fingers hover over that area way too much
Old 11-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

minikirchner is a n00b

Hey guys. I just loaded this onto my Rhod400 and it works great! Thanks for everything you have done.

I was curious if there was a way to lock all the keys when you put the screen to sleep. What I mean is, when I hit end to turn the screen off, if I hit any of the buttons, the screen comes back on. Is it even possible to make it so ONLY the end button turns the screen back on. This has been an issue the whole time since the screen is on in my pocket and all of a sudden, i'm butt-dialing someone Didn't know what you guys thought. Thanks again!
Old 11-05-2010, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

butler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Exactly! The change in button layout has proven quite unpopular. Look at the posts on this board and the comments on the glemsom "Latest Linux kernel zImages" site.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minikirchner
Hey guys. I just loaded this onto my Rhod400 and it works great! Thanks for everything you have done.

I was curious if there was a way to lock all the keys when you put the screen to sleep. What I mean is, when I hit end to turn the screen off, if I hit any of the buttons, the screen comes back on. Is it even possible to make it so ONLY the end button turns the screen back on. This has been an issue the whole time since the screen is on in my pocket and all of a sudden, i'm butt-dialing someone Didn't know what you guys thought. Thanks again!
When you hit the end key, the screen is still on for a moment even though it is black. The screen is really off when the LED turns green. Pocketing while running android lends itself to butt dialing.

Last edited by demonlordoftheround; 11-05-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Could someone who is running the patched version check whether wifi is working? My wifi seems to have broken, but I'm not sure if it's a coincidence. When going into Settings, Wireless & Networks, under Wi-Fi it just says "Error".
Old 11-05-2010, 09:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.549; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko
Could someone who is running the patched version check whether wifi is working? My wifi seems to have broken, but I'm not sure if it's a coincidence. When going into Settings, Wireless & Networks, under Wi-Fi it just says "Error".
This is almost always because the drivers did not install. Make sure you have the modules from my zip in the andboot folder. If it still doesn't work it's because the drivers can't install properly. To fix this you will need to delete your data.img.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: What modifications are necessary to create a fork that re-enables the home button

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Thanks for doing the digging on this one. I have done some testing and found that with the latest rootfs, it is in fact broken. I think I traced the commit down to 6c87dd04. Everything is now working for me, so give this one a try and let me know if it works properly for you guys.

Both the kernel and the rootfs are completely up to date minus the one commit that changed the power button mapping.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11790134/test3.zip
Nate, I'm assuming that the kernel you used for this was the 1103 kernel? If not, can you confirm what the date of it was, so we know which changes were implemented and which were not? thanks again for all your time on this, you should have a donate button...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2