PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2010, 11:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Patch that enables home button support in XDAndroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.549; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

I'll do a rebuild first thing tomorrow morning. Catching up on everything in bed here... It is very possible the modules got mixed up. I'll zip it with a date and kernel build name this time instead of test4.zip :P
OK, let's try this one: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11790134/201...1c8d-dirty.zip

Looks to be working for me

Last edited by natemcnutty; 11-09-2010 at 12:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

butler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Maybe I did something wrong, but trying this one and end=home still while the top key does nothing at all.

I copied the two files to ANDBOOT and deleted the old modules and zimage. This is with RHOD500.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by butler360 View Post
Maybe I did something wrong, but trying this one and end=home still while the top key does nothing at all.

I copied the two files to ANDBOOT and deleted the old modules and zimage. This is with RHOD500.
You also have the modified rootfs from test3.zip...?

Thanks Nate, wifi is working as expected now Also, butler360 you have to have something wrong... I just updated the zImage and modules and it works just as it should...

Last edited by arrrghhh; 11-09-2010 at 01:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

butler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good work

Umm, nope. Let me try that.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Tilt 2; HTC Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Captain_Throwback is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Captain_Throwback Send a message via Skype™ to Captain_Throwback

Quote:

Excellent. This is working for me now as well, when combined with the previously patched rootfs. Thanks, Nate!

FYI - There's a new rootfs available . . .
Old 11-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback View Post
FYI - There's a new rootfs available . . .
Mr. Stine probably shouldn't have pushed it thru lol... it was a test to fix a wifi issue on a DIAM phone. Seems there was a language barrier and he was answering our questions... incorrectly. So nothing new in the rootfs really
Old 11-09-2010, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

OK, that was what was needed. Both buttons work and WiFi works, too.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:55 PM
VIP Member

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
You also have the modified rootfs from test3.zip...?

Thanks Nate, wifi is working as expected now Also, butler360 you have to have something wrong... I just updated the zImage and modules and it works just as it should...
Great catch. I totally forgot to include the rootfs! I'll add that into the zip file and re-upload it to Dropbox so when people grab that file, it includes the modded rootfs as well. Do you want me to generate a new one anyway or just re-use the old one?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Great catch. I totally forgot to include the rootfs! I'll add that into the zip file and re-upload it to Dropbox so when people grab that file, it includes the modded rootfs as well. Do you want me to generate a new one anyway or just re-use the old one?
Just re-use. Nothin new in the newest rootfs really... Thanks again Nate.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:51 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Just re-use. Nothin new in the newest rootfs really... Thanks again Nate.
Thanks Arrrghhh. Updated the zip to have the modified rootfs in it as well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2