PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 12:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: USCC

viperlox is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What modifications are necessary to create a fork that re-enables the home button

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Hrm, I can't seem to get this to work. Now my power button just does literally nothing. Tried blazn, ref, new data.imgs... not sure what's the deal.
hmm, thats odd. I have it working on both the latest reference as well as the neopeek eclair build.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: What modifications are necessary to create a fork that re-enables the home button

Quote:
Hrm, I can't seem to get this to work. Now my power button just does literally nothing. Tried blazn, ref, new data.imgs... not sure what's the deal.
Just checking, what rootfs are you running? It's been one of those crazy weeks for me, so sorry I haven't had time to thoroughly test like I normally do.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Just checking, what rootfs are you running? It's been one of those crazy weeks for me, so sorry I haven't had time to thoroughly test like I normally do.
On ref I'm running 10.29 (newest) and on blazn I was one rootfs back... 10.23.

Is there a special one I should be using...?
Old 11-03-2010, 12:49 AM
VIP Member

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.529; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh
Quote:
On ref I'm running 10.29 (newest) and on blazn I was one rootfs back... 10.23.

Is there a special one I should be using...?
I really don't think it should matter. But that's the only thing I can think of. Will try to get some testing done when I get back home. Wife's been keeping me busy all evening.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:51 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I really don't think it should matter. But that's the only thing I can think of. Will try to get some testing done when I get back home. Wife's been keeping me busy all evening.
lol that's usually a good thing I'm online if you do get some free time.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
I'm seeing the same on my Rhod400 on reference with latest rootfs and your test2 kernel files and a new data.img. Power button isn't doing anything.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

It appears viperlox has the same phone as us (RHOD400), I wonder why it's working for him...? Or maybe he's misunderstanding. I dunno.

Nate, have you tested it? Does it work on your 500?
Old 11-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Lurker
Carrier: USCC

viperlox is a n00b

I dont believe im misunderstanding, the power button on top is working as the home button, and the end call button is working as the sleep button with the test2 kernel. my process last night was i already had the neopeek installed on my sd card, i replaced the zimage and modules with the first test, it didnt work obviously. i then copyed the andboot folder from the latest reference to my sd card and tryed with that... i then replaced the rootfs with the 201015 i believe it was, deleted the data.img and tried again. When test2 was ready i replaced the rootfs to the original, deleted data.img and tried with test 2 and thats when it worked. So i cleared my ext2 and linux swap reinstalled neopeek and used test 2 with that it worked there too. Maybe something to do with neopeek on the card at the same time? Hope you guys can understand all this chickenscratch...

Rhod400 from uscc

edit: ok i looked again to make sure, the rootfs in the 11/1/2010 release of reference shows date modified of 9/17. That is the one i used, sooo it looks to me like the commits in the newer rootfs' has something to do with it too.

Last edited by viperlox; 11-03-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:15 PM
VIP Member

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.529; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh
It appears viperlox has the same phone as us (RHOD400), I wonder why it's working for him...? Or maybe he's misunderstanding. I dunno.

Nate, have you tested it? Does it work on your 500?
I will br later tonight when I get home. At 38 hours and only 3 days into the week... ughhh
Old 11-03-2010, 10:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Plasma_Cannon is a n00b

Tested it and it works greats.

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2