PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 03:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What modifications are necessary to create a fork that re-enables the home button

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperlox View Post
I dont believe im misunderstanding, the power button on top is working as the home button, and the end call button is working as the sleep button with the test2 kernel. my process last night was i already had the neopeek installed on my sd card, i replaced the zimage and modules with the first test, it didnt work obviously. i then copyed the andboot folder from the latest reference to my sd card and tryed with that... i then replaced the rootfs with the 201015 i believe it was, deleted the data.img and tried again. When test2 was ready i replaced the rootfs to the original, deleted data.img and tried with test 2 and thats when it worked. So i cleared my ext2 and linux swap reinstalled neopeek and used test 2 with that it worked there too. Maybe something to do with neopeek on the card at the same time? Hope you guys can understand all this chickenscratch...

Rhod400 from uscc

edit: ok i looked again to make sure, the rootfs in the 11/1/2010 release of reference shows date modified of 9/17. That is the one i used, sooo it looks to me like the commits in the newer rootfs' has something to do with it too.
Thanks for doing the digging on this one. I have done some testing and found that with the latest rootfs, it is in fact broken. I think I traced the commit down to 6c87dd04. Everything is now working for me, so give this one a try and let me know if it works properly for you guys.

Both the kernel and the rootfs are completely up to date minus the one commit that changed the power button mapping.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11790134/test3.zip
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: What modifications are necessary to create a fork that re-enables the home button

You got it dude! This rootfs/zImage combo does the trick. Thanks again!
Old 11-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Phenomenal work! Also working here.

This thing probably deserves its own thread instead of being buried in my thread!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
This thing probably deserves its own thread instead of being buried in my thread!
Would you mind modifiying the first post & perhaps the title? Then it wouldn't be necessary
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Would you mind modifiying the first post & perhaps the title? Then it wouldn't be necessary
Good idea, just didn't want to step on anyone toes in making this the main thread for this patch.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

so is there some sort of guide on how to install this patch???
Old 11-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
so is there some sort of guide on how to install this patch???
...It's just like updating...?

Extract, rename rootfs to 'rootfs.img' and copy it all to where you run haret from. None of the other files should need renaming. For the record, zImage should always be that - "zImage" without a file extension. Don't rename the modules file.

Probably a good idea to delete your old rootfs, modules & zImage as well.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Good idea, just didn't want to step on anyone toes in making this the main thread for this patch.
Never have to worry about stepping on my toes

Also, here's the script of what I'm doing to compile. I'll update these occasionally when there are updates worthwhile to re-compile.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Build Script for linux-msm-rhod-nand (Android on HTC) kernel, modules, XIP, and NBH
#
# Set the following variables
# ANDROID -- directory with all android sources
ANDROID=~/android
# KERNEL_PATH -- directory containing the linux-msm kernel source
KERNEL_PATH=$ANDROID/linux-msm
# TOOLCHAIN_PATH -- directory containing the arm toolchain
TOOLCHAIN_PATH=$ANDROID/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.0/bin/arm-eabi
# MODULES_PATH -- directory containing compcache and tiwlan directories
MODULES_PATH=$ANDROID/modules
# OUTPUT_PATH -- directory to write the kernel and modules gzip
OUTPUT_PATH=$ANDROID/output
# rootfs repository
ROOTFS=$ANDROID/eclair-rootfs

# make directories (if they don't exist)
if [ ! -d $MODULES_PATH/mods ] ; then
mkdir $MODULES_PATH/mods
fi
if [ -d $ANDROID/rootfs/.tmp ] ; then
rm -rf $ANDROID/rootfs/.tmp
mkdir $ANDROID/rootfs/.tmp
else
mkdir $ANDROID/rootfs/.tmp
fi

# build kernel and modules
cd $KERNEL_PATH
git pull
git revert --no-commit 6c41ca69
make ARCH=arm htc_msm_android_defconfig
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=$TOOLCHAIN_PATH- INSTALL_MOD_PATH=$MODULES_PATH/kernel-modules zImage modules modules_install
[ $? -eq 0 ] || fail "Kernel compilation failure"

# get kernel build version
KER_VER="$(cat $KERNEL_PATH/include/config/kernel.release)"

# copy all drivers to single level directory for compression
cd $MODULES_PATH/kernel-modules
kernmods=$(find -name "*.ko")
for i in $kernmods ; do
    cp $i $MODULES_PATH/mods
done

# compress modules to a tar.gz and move to output
cd $MODULES_PATH/mods
tar czf $MODULES_PATH/modules-$KER_VER.tar.gz .
cd ..
echo "Outputting files to $OUTPUT_PATH/sdcard"
mv modules-$KER_VER.tar.gz $OUTPUT_PATH

# move new kernel
mv $KERNEL_PATH/arch/arm/boot/zImage $OUTPUT_PATH

# build rootfs
# temporary directory to use for building rootfs
TMPDIR=$ANDROID/rootfs/.tmp
REPO="git://gitorious.org/xdandroid-eclair/eclair-rootfs.git"

cd $TMPDIR

REPODIR=${REPO##*/}
REPODIR=${REPODIR%.*}
git clone $REPO $REPODIR
cd $TMPDIR/$REPODIR
[ -z ${BRANCH} ] || git checkout "${BRANCH}"
git revert --no-commit 6c87dd04

GITDESCRIBE="$(git rev-parse --verify --short HEAD)"
DATE=$(date +%Y%m%d)

cd $TMPDIR
mkdir rootfs

cd $TMPDIR/$REPODIR
./scripts/gitclean.sh
cp -a . $TMPDIR/rootfs
chmod u+s $TMPDIR/rootfs/bin/pppd $TMPDIR/rootfs/bin/su

genext2fs --root $TMPDIR/rootfs -U -N 1024 -m 1 -b 15360 $OUTPUT_PATH/rootfs-"$DATE"-"$GITDESCRIBE".img

rm -rf $TMPDIR
I just did a quick and dirty modification of the rootfs build script, so sorry about that. The most important things are to revert the following two commits:

Kernel: git revert --no-commit 6c41ca69
Rootfs: git revert --no-commit 6c87dd04
Old 11-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Lurker
Carrier: USCC

viperlox is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Thanks for doing the digging on this one. I have done some testing and found that with the latest rootfs, it is in fact broken. I think I traced the commit down to 6c87dd04. Everything is now working for me, so give this one a try and let me know if it works properly for you guys.

Both the kernel and the rootfs are completely up to date minus the one commit that changed the power button mapping.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11790134/test3.zip
np, figured i was to only one with it working and it was probably a simple reason why. It was kinda my fault in the first place for assuming the rootfs was updated to at least the latest oct. with the 11/1 reference anyway. Glad it got figured out anyway. Thanks for doing the dirty work lol
Old 11-05-2010, 07:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Patch that enables home button support in XDAndroid

I should have gotten involved sooner i suppose but it's unclear why we need this. To fork off just for buttons?

i hear some brains thinking ... We can probably make the whole thing dynamic.. Now just need to see how the xdandroid team feels about that. Kernle wise we can make the damn phone sing, but this is more of a userland thing in my eyes.

We talked about enabling the zoombar to do more. Any ideas what we can use it for?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2