View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 03:15 AM
natemcnutty
VIP Member

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What modifications are necessary to create a fork that re-enables the home button

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperlox View Post
I dont believe im misunderstanding, the power button on top is working as the home button, and the end call button is working as the sleep button with the test2 kernel. my process last night was i already had the neopeek installed on my sd card, i replaced the zimage and modules with the first test, it didnt work obviously. i then copyed the andboot folder from the latest reference to my sd card and tryed with that... i then replaced the rootfs with the 201015 i believe it was, deleted the data.img and tried again. When test2 was ready i replaced the rootfs to the original, deleted data.img and tried with test 2 and thats when it worked. So i cleared my ext2 and linux swap reinstalled neopeek and used test 2 with that it worked there too. Maybe something to do with neopeek on the card at the same time? Hope you guys can understand all this chickenscratch...

Rhod400 from uscc

edit: ok i looked again to make sure, the rootfs in the 11/1/2010 release of reference shows date modified of 9/17. That is the one i used, sooo it looks to me like the commits in the newer rootfs' has something to do with it too.
Thanks for doing the digging on this one. I have done some testing and found that with the latest rootfs, it is in fact broken. I think I traced the commit down to 6c87dd04. Everything is now working for me, so give this one a try and let me know if it works properly for you guys.

Both the kernel and the rootfs are completely up to date minus the one commit that changed the power button mapping.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11790134/test3.zip
This post has been thanked 6 times.