View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 09:38 AM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Patch that enables home button support in XDAndroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
I should have gotten involved sooner i suppose but it's unclear why we need this. To fork off just for buttons?

We talked about enabling the zoombar to do more. Any ideas what we can use it for?
So a lot of people missed the long press on home to get the recent apps list. That was the reason for this mini-fork. Not much of a fork really, just undoes a couple of commits

To the zoombar, if we could slice it into a couple of buttons that would be awesome. like use the far right mag+ button as a search button, the far left mag- as long press home and the bar in the middle as an actual zoombar? I think that would work pretty well, and then we could have power=power and end call=home and for recent apps just hit the mag-... I'd definitely love having a dedicated search button as well
This post has been thanked 1 times.