PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: 3

wpra3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Guide, 6 Easy Steps (15 min): ANDROID TP2 DL links, 3/25 FRX06, GingerBre

Actually I have the same problem as bullis82, that kernel 1253 solves it.
My problem is, when I read the FAQ if the ORANGE LED turn on all the time, it means that its constantly draining my battery. (And yea I have a poor battery life!)
Secondly, I'm not sure whats inside the kernel, I mean what fixes from 1 to another, because what I need now is the the 3.5mm jack, data, phone, kb, gps, and battery meter/power management to work. (And I'm stuck with 1253, since its the only kernel that works for me, Sprint Touch Pro 2 running in GSM mode).
Old 05-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Simple Guide, 6 Easy Steps (15 min): ANDROID TP2 DL links, 3/25 FRX06, GingerBre

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpra3 View Post
Actually I have the same problem as bullis82, that kernel 1253 solves it.
My problem is, when I read the FAQ if the ORANGE LED turn on all the time, it means that its constantly draining my battery. (And yea I have a poor battery life!)
Secondly, I'm not sure whats inside the kernel, I mean what fixes from 1 to another, because what I need now is the the 3.5mm jack, data, phone, kb, gps, and battery meter/power management to work. (And I'm stuck with 1253, since its the only kernel that works for me, Sprint Touch Pro 2 running in GSM mode).
All those should work, but 3.5mm doesn't work in the newest kernels...

Power management isn't so great, considering that kernel was before proper panel collapse - so the panel isn't being turned off - brightness just set to 0. Doesn't help so much with battery life.

Obviously if the phone isn't sleeping, you won't get very good battery life - is GPS on? The only other thing that trips up sleep for me is the occasional misbehaving app.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

shadowlaos is a n00b

Is anybody andriod market working?
Mines not working (downloading but never finish)
Anybody want to help me?
Old 05-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlaos View Post
Is anybody andriod market working?
Mines not working (downloading but never finish)
Anybody want to help me?
You can try clearing Market cache, but you might have to just blow away your data.img and start over...

But yes the Market works fine for me. It's not exactly snappy (downloads are slow...) but it works.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:46 PM
N00b

shadowlaos is a n00b

oh thanks how long does it usually take for you to download one simple game?
Old 05-04-2011, 11:01 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlaos View Post
oh thanks how long does it usually take for you to download one simple game?
I've never really timed a download, and I don't think I've really downloaded any games. They'll definitely take longer and take up more space than almost any other app out there because of the graphics/sounds/etc...
Old 05-04-2011, 11:12 PM
N00b

shadowlaos is a n00b

oh alright then thanks
Old 05-05-2011, 04:15 AM
Lurker

wpra3 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
All those should work, but 3.5mm doesn't work in the newest kernels...

Power management isn't so great, considering that kernel was before proper panel collapse - so the panel isn't being turned off - brightness just set to 0. Doesn't help so much with battery life.

Obviously if the phone isn't sleeping, you won't get very good battery life - is GPS on? The only other thing that trips up sleep for me is the occasional misbehaving app.
Yeah, all of those work except the power management and the 3.5mm jack in the 1253. With newer kernel, my signal will always turn off by itself if I sleep the phone.

The apps that I mainly using is just the whatsapp, and I just realised that the clock in the android is messed up, I even tried to use the auto clock from network. However, when I change the clock in android, the wm clock will be messed up? is it just me?

And no, gps is off and no OC. With poor battery life, I mean I get like 10am to 4pm only (6 hours!)

Last edited by wpra3; 05-05-2011 at 04:18 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpra3 View Post
Yeah, all of those work except the power management and the 3.5mm jack in the 1253. With newer kernel, my signal will always turn off by itself if I sleep the phone.

The apps that I mainly using is just the whatsapp, and I just realised that the clock in the android is messed up, I even tried to use the auto clock from network. However, when I change the clock in android, the wm clock will be messed up? is it just me?

And no, gps is off and no OC. With poor battery life, I mean I get like 10am to 4pm only (6 hours!)
Clock in Android can be fixed using ClockSync. It's basically fixed in WisTilt2's test kernel, but your signal will still turn off - you're using a CDMA device as GSM, and there's a bug with that currently.

I don't know why my WinMo time always resets itself correct (I assumed it came from the network) but I've never had drift in WinMo - the reason for it is the hardware clock Linux/Android uses is in UTC/GMT, and the hardware clock WinMo uses is local. So you're probably off how ever many hours you're off from GMT. However, issues with WinMo we don't really care about - I only use WinMo to launch Android anymore. I'm sure there's some clock sync software for WinMo, if you can't figure out how to get the clock to be set by the network.

As for your battery life, that's not untypical with moderate usage on a kernel that doesn't collapse the panel at all. Once the bug is fixed with GSM on CDMA phones, you should get much better battery life because you'll be able to run a kernel that also has the panel collapse code in - which was a huge boon for battery life on all RHODs. In the meantime, stay near a charger or hold off on running Android for extended periods...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:55 AM
Lurker

wpra3 is a n00b

the question is.. are they still developing the kernel for tp2? since this phone is getting older and older but i still love the 4 row keyboard! How can I check for new kernel? Do I have to revisit and check for availability or theres some sort of auto update built into the xdandroid?
Secondly, any suggestion for battery off ebay?

Last problem with the android side, sometimes my phone is unable to turn on? is that roofs problem or more like the kernel problem? any suggestion for rootfs?

Thanks heaps

Last edited by wpra3; 05-06-2011 at 04:57 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2