View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 10:31 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Guide, 6 Easy Steps (15 min): ANDROID TP2 DL links, 3/25 FRX06, GingerBre

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpra3 View Post
Actually I have the same problem as bullis82, that kernel 1253 solves it.
My problem is, when I read the FAQ if the ORANGE LED turn on all the time, it means that its constantly draining my battery. (And yea I have a poor battery life!)
Secondly, I'm not sure whats inside the kernel, I mean what fixes from 1 to another, because what I need now is the the 3.5mm jack, data, phone, kb, gps, and battery meter/power management to work. (And I'm stuck with 1253, since its the only kernel that works for me, Sprint Touch Pro 2 running in GSM mode).
All those should work, but 3.5mm doesn't work in the newest kernels...

Power management isn't so great, considering that kernel was before proper panel collapse - so the panel isn't being turned off - brightness just set to 0. Doesn't help so much with battery life.

Obviously if the phone isn't sleeping, you won't get very good battery life - is GPS on? The only other thing that trips up sleep for me is the occasional misbehaving app.