PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Guide FRX07!!, 6 Easy Steps (15 min): ANDROID TP2 DL links, FRX06, GingerB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristowong View Post
having trouble enabling backlight keyboard on FRX07, anyone else have this issue?
You on the newest kernel...? 20110716_005117 is required for FRX07.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

aristowong is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Simple Guide FRX07!!, 6 Easy Steps (15 min): ANDROID TP2 DL links, FRX06, GingerB

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
You on the newest kernel...? 20110716_005117 is required for FRX07.
yep, downloaded the entire bundle.

also having an issue with the service. when a sms is received it tells me there is no service, however im still able to recieve texts and surf the web. i just cant text/send calls becuase the system is telling me there is no service.

the fix to this is to switch to airplane mode.

Last edited by aristowong; 07-17-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
yep, downloaded the entire bundle.

also having an issue with the service. when a sms is received it tells me there is no service, however im still able to recieve texts and surf the web. i just cant text/send calls becuase the system is telling me there is no service.

the fix to this is to switch to airplane mode.
Uh...

I guess get me logs? I have no clue, I don't have any of these issues you describe. kbd backlight works great, and the phone certainly doesn't go into a no service condition when receiving SMS... Although I can't really receive regular SMS messages because of Google Voice.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:38 AM
N00b

aristowong is a n00b

Quote:
Uh...

I guess get me logs? I have no clue, I don't have any of these issues you describe. kbd backlight works great, and the phone certainly doesn't go into a no service condition when receiving SMS... Although I can't really receive regular SMS messages because of Google Voice.
ok. noob here, how do i get you these logs?
Old 07-17-2011, 10:51 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
ok. noob here, how do i get you these logs?
Have you read the FAQ??

There's also a little page I wrote on Logs that is linked from the FAQ, which you've read, right?

rpierce99's app is the easiest solution, and it's now included in the FRX07 bundle, in the AndroidApps\Other folder.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Uh...

I don't know whether you want to receive your texts like good old time text messages or not, but there is a way to turn it on under the settings of google voice. go to Settings>sync and notifications>select "text messages". If you don't want redundant notification for one txt, then click off "inbox notifications". THat way you will receive text and reply them as regular text msgs and not through GV.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
I don't know whether you want to receive your texts like good old time text messages or not, but there is a way to turn it on under the settings of google voice. go to Settings>sync and notifications>select "text messages". If you don't want redundant notification for one txt, then click off "inbox notifications". THat way you will receive text and reply them as regular text msgs and not through GV.
lol, I know this...

You have Sprint, so you've seen the option to basically route everything thru GV, right? That's what I do... so now even if people call/txt my old Sprint number, it gets redirected to my GV number. The Sprint number isn't really used at all anymore (except for MMS, which is really annoying, but we're getting OT here...)

I guess I haven't tried it, but since I've converted my number over to GV, I didn't think I could receive old timey SMS messages on my Sprint number anymore... I probably still can, I guess I should try to see if I can recreate this bug. Is everyone experiencing it...?
Old 07-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
lol, I know this...

You have Sprint, so you've seen the option to basically route everything thru GV, right? That's what I do... so now even if people call/txt my old Sprint number, it gets redirected to my GV number. The Sprint number isn't really used at all anymore (except for MMS, which is really annoying, but we're getting OT here...)

I guess I haven't tried it, but since I've converted my number over to GV, I didn't think I could receive old timey SMS messages on my Sprint number anymore... I probably still can, I guess I should try to see if I can recreate this bug. Is everyone experiencing it...?
I don't have the problems that the guy is experiencing. But yes, my sprint number is my GV number now and everything is routed through GV. everything works great except for MMS........ but google did say they would work on that. And since I like to old time text msgs, i set my incoming texts to come through via text and not through GV.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
I don't have the problems that the guy is experiencing. But yes, my sprint number is my GV number now and everything is routed through GV. everything works great except for MMS........ but google did say they would work on that. And since I like to old time text msgs, i set my incoming texts to come through via text and not through GV.
Ah. I kinda assumed that it was all thru GV the way I had it. I'll see if I can recreate the bug, but since you don't experience it I doubt I will... Odd!

To aristowong - have you had this issue before...? Profile appears to be RHOD400 on Sprint, just like us - correct?
Old 07-17-2011, 09:23 PM
N00b

aristowong is a n00b

Quote:
Ah. I kinda assumed that it was all thru GV the way I had it. I'll see if I can recreate the bug, but since you don't experience it I doubt I will... Odd!

To aristowong - have you had this issue before...? Profile appears to be RHOD400 on Sprint, just like us - correct?
havent had this issue before,

here's the log.

pastebin.com/mYfuAcyV

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2