PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigMoneyRob is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Guide, 6 Easy Steps (15 min): ANDROID TP2 DL links, 3/25 FRX06, GingerBre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
From what Arrrghhh posted you need everything in the andboot folder not to the root if rel_path=andboot is your startup.txt....thats just how I read it, I may be way off since I'm a noober.
Yeah i just tried that and still no luck i've had some way older builds work but can't get this one!
Old 05-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Simple Guide, 6 Easy Steps (15 min): ANDROID TP2 DL links, 3/25 FRX06, GingerBre

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoneyRob View Post
I now have everything in the root of the SD card. My startup.txt has "rel_path=andboot"
I'm still getting the same "failed to the rootfs....." soo i can't boot! Thanks for the quick response i really appreciate it!
lol, I don't get why my previous post didn't make sense.

If you have everything at the root of the SD, do not use rel_path=. However, if you have everything - say in a folder 'andboot' off the root of the SD - then use rel_path=andboot in your startup.txt.

Hopefully that makes sense...

Hop on IRC if you have a few minutes, I think you're missing something vital. Might need to start over fresh, format the card and redownload etc.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work

Andboot folder is in the root correct?

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.

Last edited by Sc/ant864; 05-01-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:12 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Per post 1.
\Storage Card\ (no rel_path needed in startup.txt)
\Storage Card\andboot (rel_path=andboot)
\Storage Card\bubblegum (rel_path=bubblegum) you can put where you want!

All files need to be put in same place.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:03 AM
Lurker

BigMoneyRob is a n00b

You were being clear and i understand the rel_whatever is the name of the folder in the SD where the files are. it just doesn't work. I'll re-format and try again! Thanks again
Old 05-02-2011, 06:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

49311 is a n00b

This looks really cool, I'll have to try it. Thanks
Old 05-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Lurker

zhotster is a n00b

Teredog, what a great thread! I wish I had found this prior to me updating my TP2 to droid! I was able to find most of what's needed on XDA, but I would've saved time and headaches if I saw this first!

I have found 2-3 additional items that have made my install work great! I no longer use Windows Mobile, I'm running FRX06 24-hours/day. I'm nearly bug free, this will save me some $$$ since I'm a Sprint SERO user.

Hey, in addition to this thread I also like your avatar, you're a fan of a great team!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mobile
Carrier: us cellular

blackorchid99 is a n00b

I have installed the full bundle from files.xdandroid.com I managed to run Anroid . Every thing is working fine except I do not have a network I am using TP2 UScellular CDMA but i unlocked it and I am using a GSM network ( Sim) in India I would appreciated if anyone could help me on this one. I just want to run Anroid in TP2
Old 05-04-2011, 09:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

bullis82 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackorchid99 View Post
I have installed the full bundle from files.xdandroid.com I managed to run Anroid . Every thing is working fine except I do not have a network I am using TP2 UScellular CDMA but i unlocked it and I am using a GSM network ( Sim) in India I would appreciated if anyone could help me on this one. I just want to run Anroid in TP2
Maybe you have cdma=1 inside your startup.txt ? make that =0 and try again, it worked for me on the gingerbread version.

Another thing, after replacing the kernel like I was suggested now GSM signal is fine but Camera is not working. Also the GPS is crasing the OS and I have to pull out the battery.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullis82 View Post
Maybe you have cdma=1 inside your startup.txt ? make that =0 and try again, it worked for me on the gingerbread version.

Another thing, after replacing the kernel like I was suggested now GSM signal is fine but Camera is not working. Also the GPS is crasing the OS and I have to pull out the battery.
Or just remove force_cdma, that's only useful for... CDMA devices!

I'm assuming you mean the suggestion of using kernel 1253? Of course cam doesn't work in that kernel, that kernel predates the cam code...

GPS should work fine, does for me (in Froyo)... I hope you're not trying to use GPS in Gingerbread tho. That would cause GB to crash...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2