View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 12:30 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Guide, 6 Easy Steps (15 min): ANDROID TP2 DL links, 3/25 FRX06, GingerBre

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpra3 View Post
Yeah, all of those work except the power management and the 3.5mm jack in the 1253. With newer kernel, my signal will always turn off by itself if I sleep the phone.

The apps that I mainly using is just the whatsapp, and I just realised that the clock in the android is messed up, I even tried to use the auto clock from network. However, when I change the clock in android, the wm clock will be messed up? is it just me?

And no, gps is off and no OC. With poor battery life, I mean I get like 10am to 4pm only (6 hours!)
Clock in Android can be fixed using ClockSync. It's basically fixed in WisTilt2's test kernel, but your signal will still turn off - you're using a CDMA device as GSM, and there's a bug with that currently.

I don't know why my WinMo time always resets itself correct (I assumed it came from the network) but I've never had drift in WinMo - the reason for it is the hardware clock Linux/Android uses is in UTC/GMT, and the hardware clock WinMo uses is local. So you're probably off how ever many hours you're off from GMT. However, issues with WinMo we don't really care about - I only use WinMo to launch Android anymore. I'm sure there's some clock sync software for WinMo, if you can't figure out how to get the clock to be set by the network.

As for your battery life, that's not untypical with moderate usage on a kernel that doesn't collapse the panel at all. Once the bug is fixed with GSM on CDMA phones, you should get much better battery life because you'll be able to run a kernel that also has the panel collapse code in - which was a huge boon for battery life on all RHODs. In the meantime, stay near a charger or hold off on running Android for extended periods...
This post has been thanked 1 times.