PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 02:53 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unofficial known issues list - 1/26 Workaround available for USB tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
for tethering why dont you guys just use the wifi tether for root users in the market?

Its worked for me since last year!

Never knew tethering was an issue!
I don't really like wifi tethering, I personally prefer USB tethering.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Rhodium 400
Carrier: sprint

guruvince is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Unofficial known issues list - 1/13 Headset thru USB adapter now working

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Never tried EZTether... I'm pretty sure the built-in tether option doesn't work, and that's what most have been testing. All these wacky apps in the market... That's good news tho, USB tethering is USB tethering! I'm assuming the app is free?
Driver was free too. Oh, and by the way, I was being really lazy spelling EZ that way. It's actually EasyTether.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:31 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Re: Unofficial known issues list - 1/13 Headset thru USB adapter now working

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruvince View Post
Driver was free too. Oh, and by the way, I was being really lazy spelling EZ that way. It's actually EasyTether.
Found it. Now just having issues with the interface metric methinks... It used to always use my primary 'local area cxn' as that - the primary. Then I could direct programs to use the wifi at will.

However, with this... they are both 'local area cxn's... and they seem to be fighting for dominance. Some of my apps work, some don't. I'll plug away at some of the particulars, but hey - USB tether works - awesome!
Old 01-26-2011, 03:40 PM
N00b

So far, Android seems to be doing a better job of tethering than WM was doing. While in WM, often I would get a "Waiting for Network" message. I always figured that it had to do with the amount of traffic and bandwidth, but I switch over to Android, and BAM, its not a problem.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:59 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruvince View Post
So far, Android seems to be doing a better job of tethering than WM was doing. While in WM, often I would get a "Waiting for Network" message. I always figured that it had to do with the amount of traffic and bandwidth, but I switch over to Android, and BAM, its not a problem.
Ditto. WinMo sucks, but I think we all knew that already .
Old 01-26-2011, 04:13 PM
N00b

I got this link for the EasyTether computer driver from user m4f1050.
Download EasyTether drivers - EasyTether for Mac OS X, Windows, Ubuntu and game consoles
I downloaded and ran the 32 bit version. Now I have a small EasyTether icon in the same row as the time on the bottom right side of my screen on Windows Vista. When I plug in my Rhodium 400 while in Android, I get prompts to download drivers for my Android ADB Interface. I cancel these (I always get 3 of these), and wait for EasyTether to detect my device. Then I rightclick the EasyTether icon and select "Connect via Android(000000000000)". TaDaaaaa!
Old 01-27-2011, 05:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: USCC

Grafton is a n00b

It seems like any program that try's to use GPS on my uscc tp2 causes a reset to winmo, weather bug, the android browser, and maps are a reset generator, overclocked or not. Everything else that not a listed issue works for me. Any suggestions?
Old 01-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafton View Post
It seems like any program that try's to use GPS on my uscc tp2 causes a reset to winmo, weather bug, the android browser, and maps are a reset generator, overclocked or not. Everything else that not a listed issue works for me. Any suggestions?
Instant reset? I definitely haven't seen anything like that. I use maps and the browser a fair bit, and they both work fine on my Sprint TP2.

Navigation has a strong tendency to crash and reset my phone, but that's after running for a while, not right away.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: USCC

Grafton is a n00b

it's crazy tried deleting the data file and The error is still there
Old 01-31-2011, 03:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Re: READ BEFORE YOU POST SOMETHING ISN'T WORKING: known issues affecting all builds 1

I edited the title to make it a little more eye-catching, since it seems like most of the newbs are cruising right by this thread in order to clog up the build threads with their questions about why Bluetooth isn't working, etc.

Hopefully this will clean up the duplicate questions a bit.

If anyone feels this is inappropriate for me to do, I'll take it under advisement and reconsider.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2