PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 10:11 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Workarounds/known issues 7/22: Updated for FRX07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
I'm having an issue with signal at work. When I was running frx06 my signal meter would show 2 bars at the machine I operate, now in frx07 I'm lucky to get one. When outside I get more bars but almost never full, I read an old thread that suggested flashing another radio but I would rather avoid this if possible. Also when connecting to my email it fails to connect sometimes and I must manually refresh, is that normal?
What radio are you on?

If you're on 2.32, you probably don't need to update. If you're on an older radio, you have to.

FRX07 now reports signal strength properly. Before it wasn't so accurate, now it's much more accurate.

Also remember that 1xRTT and EVDO are different strength readings.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
What radio are you on?

If you're on 2.32, you probably don't need to update. If you're on an older radio, you have to.

FRX07 now reports signal strength properly. Before it wasn't so accurate, now it's much more accurate.

Also remember that 1xRTT and EVDO are different strength readings.
Thanks for the quick reply Arrrghhh, yes I'm using 2.32 so I guess that's good, and you're right I did notice a huge difference with indication between EV and 1x but I almost never went into 1x with frx06 now it forces back and forth all day. Streaming YT has been slowed to a crawl and for some reason I still get data with no bars at all. I did read in another thread it can help to establish a good signal before booting into HaRET is that still the case with this build?

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:20 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply Arrrghhh, yes I'm using 2.32 so I guess that's good, and you're right I did notice a huge difference with indication between EV and 1x but I almost never went into 1x with frx06 now it forces back and forth all day. Streaming YT has been slowed to a crawl and for some reason I still get data with no bars at all. I did read in another thread it can help to establish a good signal before booting into HaRET is that still the case with this build?
Shouldn't matter. You can try updating the RIL...
Old 08-26-2011, 05:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

NeoMatrixJR is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Shouldn't matter. You can try updating the RIL...
Is the most current RIL still the one in post 6? (even newer than what's in FRX07)
Old 08-26-2011, 06:50 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoMatrixJR View Post
Is the most current RIL still the one in post 6? (even newer than what's in FRX07)
Yes, it is.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Pocket PC

Solo1 is a n00b

Hi Folks - Android / TouchPro2 newb here. I have researched but cannot find answer.

Where can I see the ip settings for wi-fi tether? I am trying to manually input settings into HP Touchpad.

Are there default settings for DNS server, gateway and ip settings that I can use?

Is the XP android link I saw already incorporated into FRX07? Or should I install that (once I figure out how to install new programs).

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:50 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo1 View Post
Hi Folks - Android / TouchPro2 newb here. I have researched but cannot find answer.

Where can I see the ip settings for wi-fi tether? I am trying to manually input settings into HP Touchpad.

Are there default settings for DNS server, gateway and ip settings that I can use?

Is the XP android link I saw already incorporated into FRX07? Or should I install that (once I figure out how to install new programs).

Thanks in advance.
Can your TouchPad connect to ad-hoc networks?

If not, the built-in tethering method will be the only way. Can you connect other devices to it? I'm not sure what the manual config would be, but DHCP *should* work.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:05 PM
N00b

Solo1 is a n00b

THX for response. THe TouchPad does not do ad-hoc connections.

UPDATE: I figured out that you can manually configure ip settings on the Touchpad per each selected network.

Now, I just need to know how to find the detailed IP configuration settings on the Android 2.2 configured HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint / Boost connected) with FRX07 HDAndroid setup (booting android off SD card) so I can input these into the Touch Pad.

Need to know gateway IP, device IP, and DNS server IP addresses of the Android Wi-fi Tether AP.

The wi-fi tether ap in FRX07 has no configuration settings / options beyond the SSID , password and security method that I can find.

Anyone? THX.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo1 View Post
THX for response. THe TouchPad does not do ad-hoc connections.

UPDATE: I figured out that you can manually configure ip settings on the Touchpad per each selected network.

Now, I just need to know how to find the detailed IP configuration settings on the Android 2.2 configured HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint / Boost connected) with FRX07 HDAndroid setup (booting android off SD card) so I can input these into the Touch Pad.

Need to know gateway IP, device IP, and DNS server IP addresses of the Android Wi-fi Tether AP.

The wi-fi tether ap in FRX07 has no configuration settings / options beyond the SSID , password and security method that I can find.

Anyone? THX.
So... DHCP doesn't work? Again, this should all be assigned via DHCP. You didn't answer if another device can connect to the AP you've setup on your phone. Assuming another device can connect and use the 'net, then the issue probably lies on that collectors item you have .
Old 08-29-2011, 03:44 PM
N00b

Solo1 is a n00b

Hi again -

THx for reply.

I am new to setting this up so I am undoubtedly missing something.

When you say, is DNS taking care of it, I guess not. DNS of which device??

I assume you start wireless hot spot on phone, either open or wpa2, then connect the Touch Pad to the phone's wifi hotspot. I described what the kluged Tablet's auto IP settings are saying. And I cannot find the ip config settings on the phone to manually input into the Touchpad. (ie its gateway address, device ip and dns server ip address.)

I assume I want the phone's wi-fi hotspot to connect to 3g Sprint / Boost network.... hence I have not started the phone's wireless ap. (well, i tried that several times, as well).

Not sure what else to say except I've been trying for 24 hrs

THX.

David

Last edited by Solo1; 08-29-2011 at 03:47 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2