PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 09:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Sprint

tomc585 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

I spoke to soon, back to the "No Service" again. It's booting up in Airplane mode and when I try to toggle it off it attempts it then reverts back. Tried booting using Haret.exe from the sd card and the Project Android icon. What should I be choosing in device selection? I tried Rhod500 and Tilt2 with the same results. Thanks, Tommy.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc585 View Post
I spoke to soon, back to the "No Service" again. It's booting up in Airplane mode and when I try to toggle it off it attempts it then reverts back. Tried booting using Haret.exe from the sd card and the Project Android icon. What should I be choosing in device selection? I tried Rhod500 and Tilt2 with the same results. Thanks, Tommy.
You should be choosing Rhod400 if it's a Sprint TP2 but I believe that choosing that is only related to the keyboard layout. Are you clicking on the cdma box in advanced settings? You need that to have internet connection IIRC. Or if you're using a manual startup.txt you need to change a 0 to a 1 after cdma. Boot back to WM, make sure you're checking off the appropriate boxes in advanced and let it boot again to android and let us know what happens.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:21 AM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
Tommy,

In addition to what fish recommended, copy the atached file to your sd card
Attached Files
File Type: txt STARTUP.TXT (354 Bytes, 207 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-18-2010, 10:25 AM
VIP Member

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
Tommy,

ProX, isn't that needed only if not using the advanced settings from the startup app (like clicking the box for manual startup)?
Old 10-18-2010, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Are you clicking on the cdma box in advanced settings? You need that to have internet connection IIRC. Or if you're using a manual startup.txt you need to change a 0 to a 1 after cdma. Boot back to WM, make sure you're checking off the appropriate boxes in advanced and let it boot again to android and let us know what happens.
Force CDMA is selected. Where would I find IIRC? CDMA=1 was already there by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
Tommy,

Copied over the startup file.
Still no service and stuck in airplane mode.
If I reinstall project android everything works the 1st few times of booting into android then once it boots with airplane mode it stays there until i reinstall.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:00 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Force CDMA is selected. Where would I find IIRC? CDMA=1 was already there by default.

Copied over the startup file.
Still no service and stuck in airplane mode.
If I reinstall project android everything works the 1st few times of booting into android then once it boots with airplane mode it stays there until i reinstall.
IIRC means if I remember correctly, lol, sorry about that. If CDMA is already set to 1 and you copied over the startup text and the "1" stays there when you boot, I'm at a loss. Wait for some of the big guns to show up and maybe they'll have a better idea. I'm on Sprint just like you and as long as CDMA is set to 1 or I'm using the startup app and I've clicked the box for cdma, I haven't had an issue. Stupid question, but is your SIM card still installed? I removed mine because I never needed it and I remember something being posted/said about removing the SIM card. Just wondering if maybe that's it.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sim card is stil in. i turned off HW3D and Overclock and it booted with service. will try and isolate which did it or if it was just a fluke.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:29 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
sim card is stil in. i turned off HW3D and Overclock and it booted with service. will try and isolate which did it or if it was just a fluke.
Maybe try removing the SIM card, unless you need it for overseas, it may be the cause, but then again, might not be. I've been tinkering around with the OC due to not waking from sleep sometimes, but I found that max Oc has been most stable for me for some reason. And I can't see why that would impact your service, but I'm also not a developer, lol. Good luck!
Old 10-18-2010, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Turned Overclock back on and no service again, turned it back off and i have service again. I'll leave it off for awhile and see if it really was is causing it. If so I'll try it with the lowest clock spped 1st until I find a happy place for it.
SIM still in....for now.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Turned Overclock back on and no service again, turned it back off and i have service again. I'll leave it off for awhile and see if it really was is causing it. If so I'll try it with the lowest clock spped 1st until I find a happy place for it.
SIM still in....for now.
Take out your sim card...I had the exact problem until i took out my sim. I know there is a way to boot w/ ur sim card in but I cant remember where it was posted on here.

But like stated unless you need ur sim for overseas travel then take it out and it should boot right the first time.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps