PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Sprint

tomc585 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc585 View Post
fun project. CAn someone help me with an issue I have. I load up fine and connect to Sprint, all works (phone, text, gps, web) When I try to boot back in I cannot connect to my service, No Service. If I reinstall it it connects again. It gets stuck in airplane mode and when i try to de-select it trys to switch back but fails.
I just put in "htc-msm-linux-20101011_223921-package.tar" and replaced the zimage file and it seems to be working well. Surprisingly faster and more stable then my mighty rom. Anyway to get the keyboard to light up? TP2

Last edited by tomc585; 10-16-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

I noticed in the updates section there was new kernel and rootfs as of yesterday so i replaced the proper files. I deleted my data image and ran the startup update utility and it rolled me back to the previous kernel. Is this normal?
Old 10-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
I noticed in the updates section there was new kernel and rootfs as of yesterday so i replaced the proper files. I deleted my data image and ran the startup update utility and it rolled me back to the previous kernel. Is this normal?
If you update kernel/rootfs manually, there's no need to use the update utility. You can still use it to generate your startup.txt, but there's no need to use it to update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc585 View Post
I just put in "htc-msm-linux-20101011_223921-package.tar" and replaced the zimage file and it seems to be working well. Surprisingly faster and more stable then my mighty rom. Anyway to get the keyboard to light up? TP2
kbd lights is close hopefully. Once the ambi light code gets committed, I think button & kbd lights are around the corner.

If you want they can always be stuck on - just make sure they're on in WinMo lol.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:31 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage_them View Post
why does the newest reference just reboot randomly??? this is my first time using reference build
Try turning the overclock down,if its set higher than 700mhz. That worked for me. I used the 768 mhz setting and it would randomly reset,but when i use the 700mhz setting it never reboots.I tried running it withou OCing or OC'ing to 600,but unless i overclock to at least 700 on new reference or Blazns build my 3G,data connection, is so slow its pointless,but when i OC to 700mhz the data,browser,GPS all work great and then android functions well enough for use.Then when my battery dies on android i switch back to windows and have about 40% battery left.Love the ease of a cab install.So easy.Keep up the great work.Thanks.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

damage_them is keeping up the good workdamage_them is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
Try turning the overclock down,if its set higher than 700mhz. That worked for me. I used the 768 mhz setting and it would randomly reset,but when i use the 700mhz setting it never reboots.I tried running it withou OCing or OC'ing to 600,but unless i overclock to at least 700 on new reference or Blazns build my 3G,data connection, is so slow its pointless,but when i OC to 700mhz the data,browser,GPS all work great and then android functions well enough for use.Then when my battery dies on android i switch back to windows and have about 40% battery left.Love the ease of a cab install.So easy.Keep up the great work.Thanks.
im on nand boot..i posted this over here beacause i figure it might be the os it self
Old 10-16-2010, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

damage_them how is nand going is there a lot of progress. have you made any progress on the battery and camera?
Old 10-16-2010, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr View Post
damage_them how is nand going is there a lot of progress. have you made any progress on the battery and camera?
me?? nand is goin great for me..but im just a tester ...camera on nand..no..battery in my opinion is better..but nand still has the problem where the backlight stay lit
Old 10-17-2010, 12:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ok thx i know this is a nand thread but I bet when the devs figure out how to turn the backlight off the battery will last a lot longer then haret and how do you become a tester for the devs because i would love to help the devs.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr View Post
ok thx i know this is a nand thread but I bet when the devs figure out how to turn the backlight off the battery will last a lot longer then haret and how do you become a tester for the devs because i would love to help the devs.
just head over to the thread..everything is nicely posted..sometimes they just want people to test out the work they have done to see if it may work on our devices as well as theirs..more like just helping them out
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

alright thx
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps