PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 02:13 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE90 View Post
i'm just assuming anything that wasn't mentioned to have been changed/updated, is still the same. guess i'm wrong?

i'm downloading the version in your post from a few pages ago now (which i'm not sure how people are expected to find?...that's what I hate about forums)...either way i had never seen this discussed before so i thought i'd mention it
I searched this thread by "freezing" , found 1 post about Exchange.

Try the new version and get back to us.

Thanks
Old 03-19-2010, 02:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
i'm just assuming anything that wasn't mentioned to have been changed/updated, is still the same. guess i'm wrong?

i'm downloading the version in your post from a few pages ago now (which i'm not sure how people are expected to find?...that's what I hate about forums)...either way i had never seen this discussed before so i thought i'd mention it
It is highly recommended you learn to copy the kernels over yourself as per instructions from Post#1, that way you don't wait for someone to do it for you each time.

On a side note, I am working with Reefermattness with his script they came up with on the GSM side to provide for you guys. And in that script it has the ability to upgrade your kernel through the phone. You guys will like it!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:15 AM
VIP Member

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

On a side note, to those all trying to charge. I would put one word of caution. I don't know for 100% fact that if it works or not, that it will cut off the charging circuit if your battery does reach full charge. Would hate to see you all leave your phones on the chargers overnight to test and then wake up to a fried phone. Till the actual charging circuit gets written into the code properly and meters get fixed, I would not trust it for too long of a time. So do be careful.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

RE90 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
Not trying to start anything by any means, but do realize the first post LINKS to the current kernel, if he is doing it as per MrPippy's instructions he is on the latest. Depending on when he last updated his kernel. If he did the package that MrPippy linked, then yes you are correct, he might not be. But just don't count that he isn't current without knowing more, and to assist that, yes he might give a little more info on what kernel he is on etc.

But I haven't experienced a build of Eclair, nor kernel that wouldn't text. The actual RIL info in the rootfs.img from Post #1 is what would allow that to work or not. I would personally try and make sure your phone is registered on your network by going into the settings, wireless and mobile, and do a search till it says registered.
much thanks. yes, i'm loading whatever was packaged in the zip...not sure how to tell which kernel i'm running nor where to check for the latest update (which file is the kernel? ...i don't even know what a kernel actually is? can i just replace this and keep all my apps and settings?). i'm not sure what RIL info is exactly either but i will definitely check if the phone is registered...i know i can make calls and i can usually send texts. it's just sometimes texts and data transfer stops working until i reboot. but yeah where do i find the latest kernel
Old 03-19-2010, 02:25 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
much thanks. yes, i'm loading whatever was packaged in the zip...not sure how to tell which kernel i'm running nor where to check for the latest update (which file is the kernel? ...i don't even know what a kernel actually is? can i just replace this and keep all my apps and settings?). i'm not sure what RIL info is exactly either but i will definitely check if the phone is registered...i know i can make calls and i can usually send texts. it's just sometimes texts and data transfer stops working until i reboot. but yeah where do i find the latest kernel
You should read the FAQ in post #3. But ya that package would be what Mackie was thinking, it would be outdated, not that it should stop your SMS from working it just wouldn't have the touchscreen fixes etc. I personally won't throw a package together, due to I think you guys should learn to put it together. MrPippy laid out the instructions pretty clear I feel. And it really is easier than you think heh. But either download Mackie's that he was kind enough to put together or just grab the zip in Post #1 like you already did, and then follow the link from his instructions and delete the zImage and modules file from your storage card and put the new one in place.

Quote from post #1
Quote:
Download the latest kernel package from glemsom's kernel autobuild site. Untar the file (it's like unzipping -- 7-zip in windows can do this), rename zImage.xxxxxxxxx to zImage, and replace all zImage and modules* files in the root of your sdcard with these.
Quote from Faq in Post #3
Quote:
Current Kernel Builds
If you want the most current kernel build, grab it from this link. Download the package and rename the zImage-xzy to just zImage and overwrite the one on your storage card. Also delete the modules-xyz.tar.gz from your storage card and copy the new one as is to the card. Do not extract the tar.gz Note: Not always will the current kernel be stable. Something that gets committed for one piece might break another. If you start to experience issues, just download an older Package and replace.
http://glemsom.anapnea.net/android/htc-msm-android/
Hope that helps ya!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

TriBuck is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to TriBuck Send a message via AIM to TriBuck Send a message via MSN to TriBuck Send a message via Yahoo to TriBuck Send a message via Skype™ to TriBuck

Pippy RULES!
Donations are in order...
=)
Old 03-19-2010, 04:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO2

TriBuck is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to TriBuck Send a message via AIM to TriBuck Send a message via MSN to TriBuck Send a message via Yahoo to TriBuck Send a message via Skype™ to TriBuck

Too cool! So glad I found this thread, I'm really impressed with XDA as well... You guys rule! Donations are in order...
Old 03-19-2010, 08:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

slow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

RE90:
If you still have verizon (as said under your username/avatar) you may not want to use this image! it is for cdma/sprint.
If you are using verizon there is another threat for GSM.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!! TP2 Toughbook CF19 Sprint WWAN

morganlowe is keeping up the good workmorganlowe is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow4g63 View Post
RE90:
If you still have verizon (as said under your username/avatar) you may not want to use this image! it is for cdma/sprint.
If you are using verizon there is another threat for GSM.
Verizon, Sprint and USCC are CDMA, ATT, T-mobile are GSM for major carriers in the US.

Ask me about cutting Vinyl Stickers in a PM!
Old 03-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q and HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

defiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumblondewalkin View Post
didn't work. I'm starting to think that the market just wont work for me till we get further along
--------
I'm not sure if this has been addressed, but I could not get into the Market until I signed into my Google account. Login to your Google account...then try the market..
That worked for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2