RE90
N00b

RE90 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
Not trying to start anything by any means, but do realize the first post LINKS to the current kernel, if he is doing it as per MrPippy's instructions he is on the latest. Depending on when he last updated his kernel. If he did the package that MrPippy linked, then yes you are correct, he might not be. But just don't count that he isn't current without knowing more, and to assist that, yes he might give a little more info on what kernel he is on etc.

But I haven't experienced a build of Eclair, nor kernel that wouldn't text. The actual RIL info in the rootfs.img from Post #1 is what would allow that to work or not. I would personally try and make sure your phone is registered on your network by going into the settings, wireless and mobile, and do a search till it says registered.
much thanks. yes, i'm loading whatever was packaged in the zip...not sure how to tell which kernel i'm running nor where to check for the latest update (which file is the kernel? ...i don't even know what a kernel actually is? can i just replace this and keep all my apps and settings?). i'm not sure what RIL info is exactly either but i will definitely check if the phone is registered...i know i can make calls and i can usually send texts. it's just sometimes texts and data transfer stops working until i reboot. but yeah where do i find the latest kernel