PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

dumblondewalkin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
Yeah, your not doing something right. Each step has to be done in the correct order or this is what happens.
Well I'll figure it out I guess. BRB erasing stuff
Old 03-18-2010, 06:52 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumblondewalkin View Post
Well I'll figure it out I guess. BRB erasing stuff
only thing I know is to put it all together for you and upload it so you can download it and put it all on your storage card since you havent really provided us with what you did and what order you used to get there.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:03 PM
V.I.P

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Wow, this is quite improved. Here is the complete setup to just extract all to the root of your storage card. It includes the newest zImage and modules. It is fast and the touchscreen is SOOOOOOOOOO much better. I think it's growing on me now.

Once you extract this to your desktop, it will all be in a folder. Go inside the folder and copy and paste EVERYTHING to your storage card and BOOM, all done!! For slow people, once your in the folder just go up to edit and select all and then copy then paste it all in your storage card.

ENJOY

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MCIIT31V

Last edited by 00_MACKIE_00; 03-18-2010 at 07:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 12 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:14 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Wow, this is quite improved. Here is the complete setup to just extract all to the root of your storage card. It includes the newest zImage and modules. It is fast and the touchscreen is SOOOOOOOOOO much better. I think it's growing on me now.

Once you extract this to your desktop, it will all be in a folder. Go inside the folder and copy and paste EVERYTHING to your storage card and BOOM, all done!! For slow people, once your in the folder just go up to edit and select all and then copy.

ENJOY

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MCIIT31V
I appreciate this so much! Thanks hit
Old 03-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

idavy81 is a n00b

When I download the new Kernals, the zimage and the modules are merged together instead of being two separate files. How do I separate these? any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
only thing I know is to put it all together for you and upload it so you can download it and put it all on your storage card since you havent really provided us with what you did and what order you used to get there.
Download babijoee's latest XDANDROID release, and unzip it to the root of your SD card.
Download the latest kernel package from glemsom's kernel autobuild site. Untar the file (it's like unzipping -- 7-zip in windows can do this), rename zImage.xxxxxxxxx to zImage, and replace all zImage and modules* files in the root of your sdcard with these.
Download the rootfs zip attached to this post and unzip it. Move the file (should be called rootfs.img) to the root of your SD card, replacing the XDANDROID rootfs.
Download the startup.txt attached to this post, and copy it into the root of your SD card.
Using File Explorer, navigate to the Storage Card and run HaRET.exe to boot Android

I just did exactly this and everything but the market works. I'm going to boot it a couple times and try but I have my doubts
Old 03-18-2010, 07:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I'm downloading that zip from megaupload and hopefully that'll work until the next big kernal release. I was on the fence at first but android has grown on me a ton. Can't wait for accurate battery and sound
Old 03-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500
Carrier: Sprint

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPib View Post
CAN WE PLEASE MAKE SOME ATTEMPT TO STAY ON TOPIC??? My God! It's bad enough reading the flood of general Android questions that don't belong here, and the WinMob vs. Android crap.
Tomorrow is my birthday!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 07:51 PM
V.I.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
Tomorrow is my birthday!!!
happy birthday
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumblondewalkin View Post
I'm downloading that zip from megaupload and hopefully that'll work until the next big kernal release. I was on the fence at first but android has grown on me a ton. Can't wait for accurate battery and sound
didn't work. I'm starting to think that the market just wont work for me till we get further along

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2