PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113373)

kawaiius 03-09-2010 10:02 AM

Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Yea i have a verizon tp2 also and my hardware keys work fine for me too.

coolshock1 03-09-2010 10:09 AM

i only asked about the gps because someone on here swore that it was working. I did read those previous posts and new that if wifi was on that it was triangulation. i am posting from my phone and don't have time to dig it up but they stated they didn't have wifi on if I remember right.

For the person asking about Verizon and the Windows key....mine is working properly.

00_MACKIE_00 03-09-2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolshock1 (Post 1617315)
i only asked about the gps because someone on here swore that it was working. I did read those previous posts and new that if wifi was on that it was triangulation. i am posting from my phone and don't have time to dig it up but they stated they didn't have wifi on if I remember right.

For the person asking about Verizon and the Windows key....mine is working properly.

Weird thing is it will find a location if Wifi is ON but not connected to anything. If you manually turn wifi off, it wont find your location.

00_MACKIE_00 03-09-2010 10:39 AM

Guys this is just a warning, when you go back into Windows Mobile, be sure to turn your backlight settings back on. Someone gonna burn up their screen if they aren't careful!!! I took my TP2 out of my holster at work and it was hot as hell.

JustusIV 03-09-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dealsrme (Post 1615752)
To get live wallpapers working again use a file explorer in android and go to AndroidApps folder on the sd card, then the Media subfolder... in there should be something called LiveWallpapersPicker that you can run and install... this is how I got my wallpapers back... when you get it up and running take a look at AndWobble in the market... :twisted:

This worked for me :)
Thank you.

AndWobble is cool, any other good wallpapers, i am currently using fireworks, and do i just have to search market for them?

jortiz12885 03-09-2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Primenall (Post 1617192)
Yeah same thing here, I get as far as entering my gmail login and it won't pop up the keyboard to type.

Plus after the X slpash screen when it does boot up, it will do the switching back and forth to landscape a couple of times while doing the sign in.

Just started messing with it, let you know if I find out anything.

Update: I just did a fresh install and put everything in the andboot this time and it is now working.....for some reason it was disconnecting as soon as 3g came online but is now fine, not sure what the problem was as it still did the reboot once after the fresh install, then worked fine since.

am having the same issue, but is weird because Civic's build runs good, i tried calkulins Rom loads but i get no sound when making a call, i dont have my sim card on, i formatted my card like 5 times, tried the steps, and also tried the entire zip file from flyers, boots up k, and when am bout to sign in or sometimes before that it just reboots!

DesiChora 03-09-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jortiz12885 (Post 1617368)
am having the same issue, but is weird because Civic's build runs good, i tried calkulins Rom loads but i get no sound when making a call, i dont have my sim card on, i formatted my card like 5 times, tried the steps, and also tried the entire zip file from flyers, boots up k, and when am bout to sign in or sometimes before that it just reboots!

Ditto. I had the same problem with calkulins Rom.

B-Real206 03-09-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustusIV (Post 1617360)
Thank you.

AndWobble is cool, any other good wallpapers, i am currently using fireworks, and do i just have to search market for them?

I just did a search on the market and found a bunch
=D>

B-Real206 03-09-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustusIV (Post 1617360)
Thank you.

I just did a search on the market and found a bunch
=D>

mikezpc 03-09-2010 11:08 AM

Im gona try another rom today, i'll see if that has anything to do with it.
i noticed when i had sense turned on, it would restart faster. using the latest MRX sense 2.5 but gona try JD's newest and see if that changes anything.

As far as the folders civic said to add rel_path=Android into the cmdline in your startup.txt and it seem to have worked for me

KoolFrank87 03-09-2010 11:26 AM

Does anyone have a link for an alt download mirror?

violentz313 03-09-2010 11:54 AM

so everything was working great with civics build then i updated to the all in one file and android loaded once but every load after that the nexus screen shows it vibrates like its about to start then nexus screen freezes and it starts to try to load again over and over is there a fix or no?

violentz313 03-09-2010 11:59 AM

also if anyones intrested in the android rhodium section on xda they are reporting semi working 3d hardware.

JustusIV 03-09-2010 12:11 PM

how functional is the g-sensor. i see it is sort of working, but is it like 100%?
Mine is definitively not calibrated, where do i find that in android?

cflynt 03-09-2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustusIV (Post 1617517)
how functional is the g-sensor. i see it is sort of working, but is it like 100%?

GSensor is fully working as far as I know, just hasn't been implemented into the UI and such. If the app specifically calls for it, it works fine. Download like Labyrinth Lite to test if you like. It just doesn't rotate the screen automatically in Browser etc.

surge 03-09-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustusIV (Post 1617517)

It works pretty well for Accelerometer games.
Check out Labyrinth and Abduction.
If the response seems way off, make sure your startup.txt has the correct entries..

gsensor_axis=2,1,3

00_MACKIE_00 03-09-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surge (Post 1617565)
It works pretty well for Accelerometer games.
Check out Labyrinth and Abduction.
If the response seems way off, make sure your startup.txt has the correct entries..

gsensor_axis=2,1,3

The new startup.txt is in post 1, just tell people to replace their copy with the new one.

lipidfats 03-09-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1617567)
The new startup.txt is in post 1, just tell people to replace their copy with the new one.

was this added before or after we got the android sub forum? says march 8th, but i don't remember seeing it last night

Also, mr pippy, can you update the thread title with a new date every time there's a new release? thanks either way!

00_MACKIE_00 03-09-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lipidfats (Post 1617589)
was this added before or after we got the android sub forum? says march 8th, but i don't remember seeing it last night

Also, mr pippy, can you update the thread title with a new date every time there's a new release? thanks either way!

if you look at post 1, the changelog says on the 8th the file was changed. I think it was after we got the sub forum but those two files have always been there, he just updated the startup.txt I believe.

Changelog
2010-03-08: Updated startup.txt to fix g-sensor and virtual keyboard issues
2010-03-07: New version of the RIL: should be more reliable (i.e. not booting into Airplane mode as often), and Market now works! Also thanks to NeoMatrixJR, some keymap fixes

violentz313 03-09-2010 12:50 PM

any suggestions for my issue? should i just go back to the original civic one?

JustusIV 03-09-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1617567)

That worked!

KoolFrank87 03-09-2010 01:24 PM

Is anyone aware of an alternitive link to download the needed andriod files? (from first post) I cannot acess mediafire.com from my current location.

Thanks

-Frank

gmfeny 03-09-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoolFrank87 (Post 1617695)
Is anyone aware of an alternitive link to download the needed andriod files? (from first post) I cannot acess mediafire.com from my current location.

Thanks

-Frank

download it from your phone with ie or opera mobile

taziz 03-09-2010 01:31 PM

Just a warning because I think this has also happened to others but my phone got fried after running android. Left it running and phone became unresponsive, soft reset and the phone would reboot after the boot screen. Tried hard-resetting and removing the battery but getting the same issue. I know it's fun to run android but be careful!

rushco 03-09-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taziz (Post 1617713)
Just a warning because I think this has also happened to others but my phone got fried after running android. Left it running and phone became unresponsive, soft reset and the phone would reboot after the boot screen. Tried hard-resetting and removing the battery but getting the same issue. I know it's fun to run android but be careful!

"and the phone would reboot after the boot screen"

So your phone is in an endless reboot cycle? Try taking out the SD card - put the phone in bootloader mode and connect it to the computer. Try flashing the stock ROM.

EGOvoruhk 03-09-2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoolFrank87 (Post 1617695)

Thanks

-Frank

Did you even bother to read after the first few lines? You can download babijoee's XDAndroid build and replace the kernel/modules/rootfs/startup, and none of those are hosted on MediaFire

violentz313 03-09-2010 01:44 PM

i checked the known issues and mine is not there so any help.....

so everything was working great with civics build then i updated to the all in one file and android loaded once but every load after that the nexus screen shows it vibrates like its about to start then nexus screen freezes and it starts to try to load again over and over is there a fix or no?

Primenall 03-09-2010 01:48 PM

FOR REBOOTING ISSUE.......ok here is what I have found about MY reboot issue.....when I get the reboot issue it happens right when it acquires the 3G, as soon as the Icon comes up it does the reboot (it's only doing this intermittently now, as apposed to every time before)

What seems to change the equation and let me boot up and function normal, with 3G, is this........as soon as Android is starting go to the settings/wireless and Turn on WIFI (I have a network and it will connect, not sure if you need a network or not) I just then turn off the WIFI (sometimes I open the browser first, before turning off WIFI) it will connect to 3G and no reboot issue.

Sometimes it will still reboot and when it comes back into Android, WIFI is already on, I just turn it off and I get a successful 3G connection and no rebooting.

This is just what happens for me, not sure why, maybe it will help ya too. (this is with everything in the andboot folder, except the rootfs.img in the root of the card)

violentz313 03-09-2010 01:50 PM

with me its happening before i can even see the home screen

bedoig 03-09-2010 01:55 PM

Not sure if anyone else follows the IRC channel, but no2chem has jumped on board for Rhodium/Android development. He also mentioned a possible future update to his clock control program for MSM7xxx. Apparently bzo has control of the processor in increments of 19.2mhz under linux thanks to some of no2chem's notes. Exciting stuff...

taziz 03-09-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushco (Post 1617723)
"and the phone would reboot after the boot screen"

So your phone is in an endless reboot cycle? Try taking out the SD card - put the phone in bootloader mode and connect it to the computer. Try flashing the stock ROM.

Yup, endless reboot. Flashing the stock rom back on, hoping it's not a more serious hardware issue

Primenall 03-09-2010 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violentz313 (Post 1617756)
with me its happening before i can even see the home screen

Yeah not sure, cause mine always got into the first screen or so, but when it would acquire the 3G it was done for, do you have the sim card in, with mine with the sim card in it couldn't acquire any 3G and booted fully, but no data or phone of course.

So we may have different reboot issues, maybe try a boot up with the sim in or maybe try turning on wifi in wimo before booting android, or even open EPST and change to CDMA ONLY then try booting Android to see how far ya get.

I'm no expert of course LOL, just what I'd try, good luck.

00_MACKIE_00 03-09-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taziz (Post 1617788)
Yup, endless reboot. Flashing the stock rom back on, hoping it's not a more serious hardware issue

sounds to me like this is more of a bootloader issue , the same one on Windows Mobile when the hspl needs to be upgraded. I would flash stock-clear storage- lock and unlock your phone again- and go from there. Android doesn't modify anything in the phone, your just running it off a storage card.

superevilllama 03-09-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taziz (Post 1617788)

I have noticed the rebooting issue too with this build. It seems after about 4 or so reboots everything seemed to work ok without any more reboots.

locomariachi 03-09-2010 02:13 PM

I'm getting this error

Mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /sdcard failed

any ideas?

erockvr6 03-09-2010 02:13 PM

did any1 else have their contacts get filed by last name first after syncing to gmail and then booting to android to sync contacts there, then when i go back to winmo they are last name first. not a biggy but kinda annoying

00_MACKIE_00 03-09-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erockvr6 (Post 1617834)
did any1 else have their contacts get filed by last name first after syncing to gmail and then booting to android to sync contacts there, then when i go back to winmo they are last name first. not a biggy but kinda annoying

Yeah use Contact Fix by www.shubaroo.com , you may need to re-run it daily or something.

this is a known issue for Google. Check their forums, we been asking for over a year to fix. Google blames it on Microsoft though. Notice how it works fine on Droid?

makkonen 03-09-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locomariachi (Post 1617833)
I'm getting this error

Mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /sdcard failed

any ideas?

Your sdcard is probably partitioned differently. If so, you need to repartition it so that it just has one partition (yours probably has an extended partition with a logical partition within it).

GParted can do this, from an Ubuntu LiveCD. I'm sure there're also tools in Windows to do it, but I don't know what they are.

erockvr6 03-09-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1617843)
Yeah use Contact Fix by www.shubaroo.com , you may need to re-run it daily or something.

this is a known issue for Google. Check their forums, we been asking for over a year to fix. Google blames it on Microsoft though. Notice how it works fine on Droid?

haha, yea it does work great on droid, thanks for the link too.

locomariachi 03-09-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makkonen (Post 1617856)
Your sdcard is probably partitioned differently. If so, you need to repartition it so that it just has one partition (yours probably has an extended partition with a logical partition within it).

GParted can do this, from an Ubuntu LiveCD. I'm sure there're also tools in Windows to do it, but I don't know what they are.

ok so what are the settings i should use then?