PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113373)

00_MACKIE_00 03-08-2010 09:43 PM

Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by dakiddale05 (Post 1616392)
Everything is looking pretty good but i cant download any apps from the market place getting an error everytime..

Sounds like you need to start the process over again, you may not have extracted properly.

I myself have been downloading apps since this morning.

Mazzakre 03-08-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazzakre (Post 1616377)
OK so after much trial and error Ive found that you can not turn on Wi-Fi with the Android files in the Android folder. It has to be directly on the root of the sd card. Dont know why, wifi must look for something at the root to work. Testing Google Maps now

That worked just fine. mapped me within 1400 meters which isnt great but better than nothin.

dakiddale05 03-08-2010 09:49 PM

Ok thanks ill try doing that right now...

flyers2114 03-08-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1616118)
oh lookie lookie what we got?????????????

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179

Nice.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikejones13 (Post 1616273)
WTF?? Ummmm did you try to flash BACK TO STOCK before you took it to the store. Should work if you get to the TP2 boot screen you can get to Bootloader and flash from there. And what ROM are you talking about this isn't exactly a ROM.

I am going to have to agree with this...Sprint does not have some of the brightest techs...so it would not surprise me...

mbg19 03-08-2010 09:57 PM

37 pages in one day?! impressive work lol im enjoying android a lot right now sms in android is really smooth compared that that glitchy and buggy windows mobile

00_MACKIE_00 03-08-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbg19 (Post 1616429)
37 pages in one day?! impressive work lol im enjoying android a lot right now sms in android is really smooth compared that that glitchy and buggy windows mobile

still needs work but I am finding myself using it more and more. Been on it all day, had to stop for a recharge in Windows Mobile but after charging, went back to Android.

defiantone 03-08-2010 10:01 PM

guess...I'm one of those unlucky few.. I can't get wifi...this is after reading and following advice from two different threads.

Biggzz 03-08-2010 10:02 PM

This thread is like a permanent sticky...LOL!

southphillysean 03-08-2010 10:05 PM

anyone know why i stay in airplane mode. i goto settings and uncheck airplane but it just goes right back into airplane mode..please help me.

Mazzakre 03-08-2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by defiantone (Post 1616440)
guess...I'm one of those unlucky few.. I can't get wifi...this is after reading and following advice from two different threads.

Is your android files on the root or in the android folder? Put them on the root. Thats all that was holding me back.

Mazzakre 03-08-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southphillysean (Post 1616449)
anyone know why i stay in airplane mode. i goto settings and uncheck airplane but it just goes right back into airplane mode..please help me.

It takes a while for the settings to take. Putting the phone into airplane makes the phone soft reset. Taking it out of Airplane mode takes almost a minute but you can see it says turning on services or something

00_MACKIE_00 03-08-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southphillysean (Post 1616449)

remove your sim card

gambit07 03-08-2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeballz (Post 1616358)
The easiest way to syn contacts from winmo to gmail is the following without wires.

set up exchange account from winmo

server:m.google.com
user: username@gmail.com
pw: gmail password

Select SSL connection

Wait about 3 minutes and you will have your winmo contacts in your gmail account.
From there you are on your own in android. But i can tell you this ...It also does not require cables or winblows computers, outlook or csv files.

Good luck. !!!

Hi, you have to input a domain name as well. What would that be? Thanks
Edit: Nevermind

00_MACKIE_00 03-08-2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gambit07 (Post 1616460)
Hi, you have to input a domain name as well. What would that be? Thanks
Edit: Nevermind

leave it blank

neodarksaver 03-08-2010 10:13 PM

wifi is not working on this one for me, sprint cdma version.

it worked on the 2/27 build.

00_MACKIE_00 03-08-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neodarksaver (Post 1616468)
wifi is not working on this one for me, sprint cdma version.

it worked on the 2/27 build.

Did you try turning it on in Settings>Wireless and Networks>Wi-Fi?

And is all your extractions to the root of your sd card?

defiantone 03-08-2010 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazzakre (Post 1616450)
Is your android files on the root or in the android folder? Put them on the root. Thats all that was holding me back.

--------------
thanks mate.. yes..I've tried it various ways. ..in the root folder...in the android folder.. formatting to fat32...changing the zimage..
most times I get an x in the signal box...when I don't have the x ..it sits there scanning for networks..
very strange.

gambit07 03-08-2010 10:21 PM

Anybody able to get live wallpaper working? I installed the package to enable it, and I can get to my live wallpapers, but it constantly says loading, and if I try to set it as background the background becomes black and then reverts to the normal background after about 20 seconds. Wondering if anybody else has had more luck

ps3evader 03-08-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satish5551 (Post 1616264)
Hi...I tried the latest version of Android for TP2 and my TP 2 got stuck on boot screen. So I tried all the soft resets and hard resets. didn't work any thing. I went to sprint store and they told me it work any more so I have to replace my phone.

So please read care fully when you port android rom.

-SatisH

wow...wtf

neodarksaver 03-08-2010 10:29 PM

dont think that has anything to do with android... it's booting off the SD card...

neodarksaver 03-08-2010 10:30 PM

they are all at correct locations... it says:
Unable to start wi-fi under the connection settings.

Eschelon 03-08-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gambit07 (Post 1616497)
Anybody able to get live wallpaper working? I installed the package to enable it, and I can get to my live wallpapers, but it constantly says loading, and if I try to set it as background the background becomes black and then reverts to the normal background after about 20 seconds. Wondering if anybody else has had more luck

Are you trying them on the Home++ screen?

If so, don't. They only work on the default 'Home' screen, not Home++

defiantone 03-08-2010 10:36 PM

Verizon users.....which kernel did you use from this link?
http://glemsom.anapnea.net/android/htc-msm-android/
thanks..

davidetkin511 03-08-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by defiantone (Post 1616553)
Verizon users.....which kernel did you use from this link?
http://glemsom.anapnea.net/android/htc-msm-android/
thanks..

Build: htc-msm-android@20100308_020442

defiantone 03-08-2010 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidetkin511 (Post 1616555)
Build: htc-msm-android@20100308_020442

-----------

thought that may have been my problem.. but thats the one I'm trying to use..
when I don't get the X on the signal bar on top..it just tries to connect to wifi..but never does..
thanks again for responding.

00_MACKIE_00 03-08-2010 10:52 PM

For any app that says that you need to be rooted, just restart your device and it will work next time. lol Found that out the hard way.

milkycoins 03-08-2010 10:55 PM

I keep getting the error: Sorry! Activity Home (in process android.process.acore) is not responding

surge 03-08-2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by defiantone (Post 1616440)

Since CDMA data now works, I didn't even realize my wifi wasn't working until I read this will fix the maps problem.

I don't have an Android folder so that wasn't the issue.

I removed all Android files, downloaded and extracted Flyers zip file and that took care of it.

I dont' know why that would be any different, but give that a shot.
If you do grab that file, be sure to update your startup.txt file to include the gsensor settings

set cmdline "msmvkeyb_toggle=off lcd.density=240 gsensor_axis=2,1,3 htc_hw.force_cdma=1 physkeyboard=rhod400"

robj19 03-08-2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazzakre (Post 1614544)
How do we get this loading up from the Android folder? I was able to do it with the download from Civic's thread but when I tried with this one it just gave me the cant find system.img error

You dont you will have to remove the system file from the android folder onto the root of the sd card..then you will be able to boot fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reekotubbs (Post 1614537)
How long does this build take to start?
Also which build are we using from glemsom's website.

I ran haret.exe on the most current build and phone seemed to stay in a continuous loop after stating that it could not find the system.img on the SD card.

same as above.it worked for me. Also it may get past the system part and stop in a different place. If that happens move that file onto the root of your sd card as well.

defiantone 03-08-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surge (Post 1616605)
Since CDMA data now works, I didn't even realize my wifi wasn't working until I read this will fix the maps problem.

I don't have an Android folder so that wasn't the issue.

I removed all Android files, downloaded and extracted Flyers zip file and that took care of it.

I dont' know why that would be any different, but give that a shot.
If you do grab that file, be sure to update your startup.txt file to include the gsensor settings

set cmdline "msmvkeyb_toggle=off lcd.density=240 gsensor_axis=2,1,3 htc_hw.force_cdma=1 physkeyboard=rhod400"

------
thanks for responding...so the Flyers version is on the mediafire download... if so, I've tried that too...
my tp2 must be messed up.

johnpro112 03-08-2010 11:14 PM

Hey guys I can confirm you can not download from the market place with your sim card in the phone. But you are able to go online and make phone calls.If you try downloading with your sim card the download will stay stuck at "starting download"

eyeballz 03-08-2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnpro112 (Post 1616648)
Hey guys I can confirm you can not download from the market place with your sim card in the phone. But you are able to go online and make phone calls.If you try downloading with your sim card the download will stay stuck at "starting download"

Mine does that now as well.

Sim has been out since last night.

Cancel download that is queued. and restart

works fine after this.

Not sure whats causing this.

I dont think its SIM though.

ps3evader 03-08-2010 11:31 PM

who has got any kind of powermanagement to work

lipidfats 03-08-2010 11:32 PM

can we purchase apps on marketplace or will we get some kind of error?

ps3evader 03-08-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPippy (Post 1614452)
Reserved for future use

Mrpippy YOU ARE LOVED BY LOTS OF US
YOU ARE MY HERO

flyers2114 03-08-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lipidfats (Post 1616691)
can we purchase apps on marketplace or will we get some kind of error?

why even ask...just give it a try....lol

00_MACKIE_00 03-08-2010 11:40 PM

hhahhaha google sent me an email telling me to enjoy my new Nexus......wth? More like my TP2 Lexus

Hello!
Your new Nexus One phone has many cool and useful features. Learn more by clicking on the links to watch brief YouTube videos directly on your phone:
Get turn by turn directions with satellite and street views of your route. Learn more
Speak and have the phone type for you with voice input. Learn more
Watch videos or upload your own videos directly to YouTube. Learn more
Take pictures with your 5mpx camera and view them in your 3D Media Gallery. Learn more
You can find all these videos and more on the Nexus One playlist at youtube.com/googlenexusone.

flyers2114 03-08-2010 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_mackie_00 (Post 1616717)
hhahhaha google sent me an email telling me to enjoy my new nexus......wth? More like my tp2 lexus

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WythDryden 03-08-2010 11:43 PM

I posted this about 25 pages back, but haven't seen any relevant posts since then. Has anybody had any issues with the windows key not functioning as anything in android? Everything else (that should be) seems to be working well..

neilson 03-08-2010 11:44 PM

Power Management: What's the latest on that and what are the major holdups?

Once the big players get that taken care of, we can move on to Sound. Power Management notwithstanding, what are the big issues with Sound?