PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113373)

S_C_B 03-08-2010 11:49 PM

Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Damn, I'm late.
41 freaking pages already!!

Downloading eagerly!!!

dennisnyc 03-08-2010 11:55 PM

Does google earth work for anyone?

ps3evader 03-08-2010 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dennisnyc (Post 1616754)
Does google earth work for anyone?

i cant get it to work

eyeballz 03-09-2010 12:06 AM

don't want get you all rallied up but are we getting reports of Hardware Acceleration working on the Rhodium as of late tonight. I read something over at xda that this could be happening sooner rather than later.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=627997

neilson 03-09-2010 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeballz (Post 1616774)
don't want get you all rallied up but are we getting reports of Hardware Acceleration working on the Rhodium as of late tonight. I read something over at xda that this could be happening sooner rather than later.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=627997

Seriously, in all my years with PPC involvement I've seen progressive development on various projects but this is by far the most exponential in terms of progress.

S_C_B 03-09-2010 12:19 AM

Market did not work for me.
So I deleted data.img, and I'm setting it up again.

coolshock1 03-09-2010 12:23 AM

I went through the posts that were made since I left work and didn't see anything regarding the GPS. Is it truly working? I can't get any app requiring GPS to work. It states it's not turned on yet in the main settings section it is. I downloaded Flyer's zip file and put everything on the root of the SD card as described(yes it was removed from the folder). the OS itself is running fine. Just no gps. I'm on a Verizon TP2.

eyeballz 03-09-2010 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilson (Post 1616799)
Seriously, in all my years with PPC involvement I've seen progressive development on various projects but this is by far the most exponential in terms of progress.

I say we have audio within 8-10 days.

I could not have enjoyed market more this evening.

I bought the TP2 on upgrade about 2 months before the droid came out, and my wife brought home the droid.....I was jealous but just bit my lip. She let me get a HP 311 netbook with ion as well on our other line upgrade so i wasnt too bitter.

This will be fun until the nexus one comes our way. Passion, whatever the hell it will be on VZW.

I agree, progress is very fast with this project.

I embrace it all .

S_C_B 03-09-2010 12:40 AM

Did anyone use the single download or did you use the instructions from Pippy?
I ask, because I downloaded the single one, but the Market is not working.

I'm going to follow the instructions and see if it works.

Boominsvx 03-09-2010 12:43 AM

Q:
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolshock1 (Post 1616809)
I went through the posts that were made since I left work and didn't see anything regarding the GPS. Is it truly working? I can't get any app requiring GPS to work. It states it's not turned on yet in the main settings section it is. I downloaded Flyer's zip file and put everything on the root of the SD card as described(yes it was removed from the folder). the OS itself is running fine. Just no gps. I'm on a Verizon TP2.

A: (In post 1)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflynt (Post 1614455)
The thread says GPS is not working, but Google Maps is showing my location?
The phone will use either GPS or pick you off the nearest Cell Tower. So when it shows your location, that is picking your closest Cell Tower to where you are. This is better than nothing, especially until GPS works. But definitely not as precise. To get Cell Tower updating to work, seems some have had to update to Google Maps 4.0, that worked for me. Others they have just had to enable Wifi, even if they weren't using Wifi. And then go into your Location and Security section and check the 2 boxes on updating via GPS and Wifi. Accept the agreement and see.

Eschelon 03-09-2010 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolshock1 (Post 1616809)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boominsvx (Post 1616892)

A: (In post 1)

Also see this post here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=294

kjhadfield 03-09-2010 12:50 AM

just for clarification...when downloading the single zip on post 1 and extracting the zip gives you a folder xdandriod w/ files and folders inside. can i basicly rename this folder as 'andboot' and place in root of sd (seen another poster say sumthing bout andboot)? or do i have to take all files/folders within xdandriod and put in root of sd?

also in xdandriod there is a folder w/ startup config and inside this folder there is multiple devices besides the rhodium. reason?

Eschelon 03-09-2010 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjhadfield (Post 1616904)
just for clarification...when downloading the single zip on post 1 and extracting the zip gives you a folder xdandriod w/ files and folders inside. can i basicly rename this folder as 'andboot' and place in root of sd (seen another poster say sumthing bout andboot)? or do i have to take all files/folders within xdandriod and put in root of sd?

also in xdandriod there is a folder w/ startup config and inside this folder there is multiple devices besides the rhodium. reason?

You can still place all files in a directory on the storage card called 'Android' (without the quotes), except you need to keep the system.sqsh file in the root

cflynt 03-09-2010 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjhadfield (Post 1616904)

I did my own from MrPippy's instructions, but in theory, yes you should be able to rename it all to "andboot" and take MrPippy's rootfs.img and put in the root of your SDCard, it must be in root to work.

gambit07 03-09-2010 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnpro112 (Post 1616648)
Hey guys I can confirm you can not download from the market place with your sim card in the phone. But you are able to go online and make phone calls.If you try downloading with your sim card the download will stay stuck at "starting download"

I am able to download and install apps from the market place with the sim card in on verizon

Boominsvx 03-09-2010 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eschelon (Post 1616898)

Eschelon, not trying to steal your thunder. Just pointing out that most answers are found on the first page of this thread. I would have included your name, but unfortunately, Mr. Pippy doesn't have time to include names for all posted used in his notes. I'm sure you both deserve more credit than you get, but just for added love, I'm thankin ya. We know who you are buddy.

Eschelon 03-09-2010 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boominsvx (Post 1616915)
Eschelon, not trying to steal your thunder

I took no offense :thumbleft:

defiantone 03-09-2010 01:05 AM

you guys have me sorta envious....really wanted to try it with the data working but...nothing works for me..the zip file...the long method...nothing...guess I'll sit back and wait for the next release.
I guess that's what I get..I was going brag to my wife...she had the Verizon Droid..no fun showing off when I can't make a call or browse the internet...

XxXViRuSXxX 03-09-2010 01:10 AM

http://virusrom.com/Droid/Droid%20al...d%203.8.10.zip

here are the files from the first post but WAY faster mirror i put them on my server for everybody ENJOY

kjhadfield 03-09-2010 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eschelon (Post 1616912)
You can still place all files in a directory on the storage card called 'Android' (without the quotes), except you need to keep the system.sqsh file in the root

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflynt (Post 1616913)
I did my own from MrPippy's instructions, but in theory, yes you should be able to rename it all to "andboot" and take MrPippy's rootfs.img and put in the root of your SDCard, it must be in root to work.

ok so maybe the 2 of you make it not so clear, 1 says only need system.sqsh in root then other says only need rootfs.img in root???

kjhadfield 03-09-2010 01:14 AM

and whats the deal w/ all the device txt in the startup config folder in the all in 1 zip?

cflynt 03-09-2010 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjhadfield (Post 1616950)
ok so maybe the 2 of you make it not so clear, 1 says only need system.sqsh in root then other says only need rootfs.img in root???

Well I currently am running mine via "andboot" and only put the rootfs.img in there. It is possible, what he is saying even with the newer builds even though it isn't meant to work via "Android" that it will work if you put the system.sqsh in the root as well. But the developers have plainly stated that it is written into the build not to work that way by default without changing the location via your startup.txt. So read it as you will, it looks like according to him it WILL work, but it is unsupported without putting the location in your startup.txt, or you can use the supported default path of "andboot".

Hope that helps make some more sense out of it.

kjhadfield 03-09-2010 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflynt (Post 1616968)
Well I currently am running mine via "andboot" and only put the rootfs.img in there. It is possible, what he is saying even with the newer builds even though it isn't meant to work via "Android" that it will work if you put the system.sqsh in the root as well. But the developers have plainly stated that it is written into the build not to work that way by default without changing the location via your startup.txt. So read it as you will, it looks like according to him it WILL work, but it is unsupported without putting the location in your startup.txt, or you can use the supported default path of "andboot".

ok, thanks (i do think i'll go this way) as your the poster #3FAQ as well.

cflynt 03-09-2010 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjhadfield (Post 1616974)
ok, thanks (i do think i'll go this way) as your the poster #3FAQ as well.

Heh, don't read too much into that, I am nobody. Just talked with MrPippy and he and I talked about doing the FAQ. But all it is, is a compilation of tried and true tests from myself as well as information from everyone in here. I take no credit for the great finds everyone has provided. Thank them! Just trying to put it all in one spot! :)

jortiz12885 03-09-2010 01:38 AM

I went back to the 95-Civic build from two days ago, since i have tried the instructions, and even the complete set up file flyerss but once it loads fine, 10 seconds later it just boots up again, resetting itself off, any suggestions?

Eschelon 03-09-2010 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflynt (Post 1616968)

Either way works.

I did it using the 'Android' folder and I only moved the system.sqsh file to the root and she booted right up using Flyers' zip file. I didn't even have to edit the startup.txt file

Boominsvx 03-09-2010 01:43 AM

How many times has it done this? Sometimes mine needs to be rebooted 3 or 4 times before all the setup files are correctly configured.

eyeballz 03-09-2010 01:55 AM

is there a way to get the double taps on the on-screen keyboard to stop. Does this have to do with the ts-calibration file? or is it a "known" issue on the parking lot of things to fix.

Boominsvx 03-09-2010 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeballz (Post 1617033)
is there a way to get the double taps on the keyboard to stop. Does this have to do with the ts-calibration file? or is it a "known" issue on the parking lot of things to fix.

It's a known issue. This parking lot is still FULL of spaces.

eyeballz 03-09-2010 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boominsvx (Post 1617037)
It's a known issue. This parking lot is still FULL of spaces.

I think i might have remedeed this for the short term.

delete ts-calibration, redo calibrate.

Barely touch the crosshairs with your index finger etc. Dont use stylus. My repeats have become very rare now. Try it let me know if it works for you too. If you notice the repeat happens when you try to be more precise. Just touch with finger and see if it subsides.

JDM_SOHC 03-09-2010 02:10 AM

I think some of yall should take a second out for remembrance... This is not official, and still very much Beta testing version... Yeah there's tons of shit we've got figured out so far, but for the most part there's still some road left to travel... As of yet it seems no matter what ROM you're running or what cab's you've got installed does it matter how it will affect your phone, but who knows... So far it seems that tons of people have had different scenarios so 1 by 1 just trace your steps and see where all goes to shit and than work on that one significant issue than proceed to the next one... With all the success stories it seems that you may have not done one or two things right, whether it been removing all the old files, renaming a certain file, not taking out your SIM card, etc etc etc... Just chill out fellas, we're gonna get this perfect sooner or later but for now, bottom line is there's gonna be issues... But that's what we're all here for to help each other succeed in this PPC game...

milkycoins 03-09-2010 02:55 AM

Hahah just got the Nexus One email also.

Hello!

Your new Nexus One phone has many cool and useful features. Learn more by clicking on the links to watch brief YouTube videos directly on your phone:

Take pictures with your 5mpx camera and view them in your 3D Media Gallery. Learn more
Get transcribed voicemails and cheap international calling with Google Voice. Learn more
Sync your contacts, Facebook and email accounts with QuickContact. Learn more
Get cool applications and games on Android Market. Learn more

neodarksaver 03-09-2010 03:03 AM

is anyone having the following problem:
My up button is mapped to down, and the down button is mapped to nothing?

cflynt 03-09-2010 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neodarksaver (Post 1617108)
is anyone having the following problem:
My up button is mapped to down, and the down button is mapped to nothing?

Ya, there is a known issue with the mapping. The Arrow keys got forgotten about, either that or it is an actual bug with the keyboard. But the devs are aware and hopefully they will get it figured out soon.

Primenall 03-09-2010 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikezpc (Post 1615168)
downloaded Droid all in one build 3.8.10
keeps rebooting after i get to the home screen
lets see if 3rd time is a charm like it was for civics latest build lol
anyone else had that issue

Yeah same thing here, I get as far as entering my gmail login and it won't pop up the keyboard to type.

Plus after the X slpash screen when it does boot up, it will do the switching back and forth to landscape a couple of times while doing the sign in.

Just started messing with it, let you know if I find out anything.

Update: I just did a fresh install and put everything in the andboot this time and it is now working.....for some reason it was disconnecting as soon as 3g came online but is now fine, not sure what the problem was as it still did the reboot once after the fresh install, then worked fine since.

MrPippy 03-09-2010 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WythDryden (Post 1616729)
I posted this about 25 pages back, but haven't seen any relevant posts since then. Has anybody had any issues with the windows key not functioning as anything in android? Everything else (that should be) seems to be working well..

Has anyone else tested with a Verizon TP2 and had this problem?

TMartin 03-09-2010 09:11 AM

Hey Mr. Pippy,

I'm on a Sprint Touch Pro2 and there are a couple things that bug me and idk if its something I can disable but when I turn my screen off it sort of stays somewhat lit and as my notifaction LED stays lit all the time. Thanks for all your hard work.

info[]box1 03-09-2010 09:16 AM

Wirelessly posted (Sprint/1.0/HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7380 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMartin
Hey Mr. Pippy,

I'm on a Sprint Touch Pro2 and there are a couple things that bug me and idk if its something I can disable but when I turn my screen off it sort of stays somewhat lit and as my notifaction LED stays lit all the time. Thanks for all your hard work.

you can disable auto dimmer in winmo. i think calukin mention this in his rom thread. he cooked it in.

hope this help...

michaelagraham 03-09-2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPippy (Post 1617201)
Has anyone else tested with a Verizon TP2 and had this problem?

I have a Verizon TP2 and the Windows hardware key works fine for me.

robj19 03-09-2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neodarksaver (Post 1616529)
they are all at correct locations... it says:
Unable to start wi-fi under the connection settings.

Just do like Mak said and make sure ALL files are in the root of your sd card. It worked for me.