PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113373)

flyers2114 03-09-2010 02:30 PM

Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedoig (Post 1617770)
Not sure if anyone else follows the IRC channel, but no2chem has jumped on board for Rhodium/Android development. He also mentioned a possible future update to his clock control program for MSM7xxx. Apparently bzo has control of the processor in increments of 19.2mhz under linux thanks to some of no2chem's notes. Exciting stuff...

This is awesome news!! Thx!!:headbang:

TorgoJohnson 03-09-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superevilllama (Post 1617821)
I have noticed the rebooting issue too with this build. It seems after about 4 or so reboots everything seemed to work ok without any more reboots.

The second time I booted into Android, it froze up while initializing, and I had to do a battery pull. It booted back into Windows Mobile just fine though, and I have had no problems booting into Android since.

mrrogers1 03-09-2010 02:40 PM

I noticed the reboot issue too but only today after I tried the "All in One" zip. I ran most of the day yesterday on Android after using the "long" instruction method. Not sure what that is about but this is the first time I have ever seen it auto-reboot. I have used Civic's old one and again, the "long" instructions too without issue.

I'll see if letting it reboot a few times helps as posted above.

Thanks!

taziz 03-09-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrrogers1 (Post 1617915)
I noticed the reboot issue too but only today after I tried the "All in One" zip. I ran most of the day yesterday on Android after using the "long" instruction method. Not sure what that is about but this is the first time I have ever seen it auto-reboot. I have used Civic's old one and again, the "long" instructions too without issue.

Thanks!

It seems like my phone is fried, I tried flashing the stock rom but it reboots right when I see the Windows 6.1 splash screen. I've left it to reboot about 6 or 7 times.

00_MACKIE_00 03-09-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrrogers1 (Post 1617915)

Thanks!

Just curious, the long method and the short method is the same thing, not sure how that would make any difference? Only difference is who pieced it together.

EnemasRfun 03-09-2010 02:58 PM

firstly, hello all, i've never posted but i've been a long time follower of the android tp2 threads including civic's work. secondly, i know nothing about development, and thirdly, i have us cellular and just booted up the 3.8.10 build of android, and noticed that the 3G seems to seem like it is only sending, and not receiving (i got this by looking at the flashing arrows). i saw that mr. pippy said he wasn't sure about data on USCC, so i'm just pointing this out

eyeballz 03-09-2010 03:09 PM

hw3d.force=1 added to startup.txt gives you beta hardware 3d acceleration using latest zimage kernell...

im not sure what differences are present but it does load some apps quicker and transitions seems smoother....not smooth but smoother for apps that have multiple page redraws and such.

Anyone else experimenting with this in thier start up file.

There isnt a lot of feedback on this yet so i was just wondering how many brave users we have trying this out?

flyers2114 03-09-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1617964)
Just curious, the long method and the short method is the same thing, not sure how that would make any difference? Only difference is who pieced it together.

Thx I was going to say the same thing......

NxtGenCowboy 03-09-2010 03:19 PM

Works great for me so far, downloaded some apps, made some calls, send some texts.. works really good... I almost rather use Android that Windows Phone.

Once some ringers work, it'll be great!

The only issue I ran into was text messages do not set off vibrate, only phone calls.

superevilllama 03-09-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnemasRfun (Post 1617975)
firstly, hello all, i've never posted but i've been a long time follower of the android tp2 threads including civic's work. secondly, i know nothing about development, and thirdly, i have us cellular and just booted up the 3.8.10 build of android, and noticed that the 3G seems to seem like it is only sending, and not receiving (i got this by looking at the flashing arrows). i saw that mr. pippy said he wasn't sure about data on USCC, so i'm just pointing this out

Having used Android on the Vogue, I can say that you need to make sure your phone is provisioned for data in WINMO first before running android. If you just flashed, and then are tryign to run android and expect data to work it won't. I did this and had the sending arrow be the only one flashing as well. After provisioning data in winmo and then going back to android, it worked without a problem. Good luck!

superevilllama 03-09-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NxtGenCowboy (Post 1618045)
Works great for me so far, downloaded some apps, made some calls, send some texts.. works really good... I almost rather use Android that Windows Phone.

Once some ringers work, it'll be great!

The only issue I ran into was text messages do not set off vibrate, only phone calls.

You can set up custom notifications for each application, and phone call, txt, email alerts. Go into each application or option, go into the menu and change your notifications there. You will then be able to specify whether it vibrates or not.

NxtGenCowboy 03-09-2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superevilllama (Post 1618058)
You can set up custom notifications for each application, and phone call, txt, email alerts. Go into each application or option, go into the menu and change your notifications there. You will then be able to specify whether it vibrates or not.

Perfect... I do not know my way around Android yet.

Thanks! =D>

x10guy 03-09-2010 03:38 PM

Compliments to all the developers. This is really cool to play with. Functionality is pretty amazing considering this is a WM phone.

Right now it's cool to play with but once the battery and sound issues get worked out (there are others things but these are the 2 biggest IMO), I can imagine it being a used as an full-time legitimate alternative to Winmo.

LiquidX 03-09-2010 03:38 PM

lol you guys are killing me, I just had to read through like 30 pages to catch back up.

Out of curiosity, are we gonna have official "builds" or is it gonna be a watch each individual page and update as it goes kind of thing?

LiquidX 03-09-2010 03:41 PM

oh yeah, something that occurred to me, if you are on Sprint and have an Airave it quite possibly might be blocking your google maps from locating you. I know even in Winmo it can't pick up my location when I am hooked into the Airave, but as soon as I get away from it, it works great. I haven't left the house today to test if that is what's up with my location in Android yet, but just an fyi.

RobDFW 03-09-2010 03:48 PM

Mr. Pippy, we appreciate your (and all others involved) hard work! Just sent some donations your way. Android totally opens our phone to another world.

00_MACKIE_00 03-09-2010 03:51 PM

Rut roh. From today!

http://glemsom.anapnea.net/android/htc-msm-android/

eyeballz 03-09-2010 03:52 PM

im using that one. hardware accel seems to be working as good as it should at this point. It doesnt handle super games but it does seem to improve guis and stuff.

locomariachi 03-09-2010 03:54 PM

just formatted my card but still getting the same thing.

Running an fsck on the SD Card
dosfsck 2.0.1, 23 Nov 2008, FAT32, LFN
Logical sectgor size is zero.
mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /sdcard failed: invalid argument
failed
failed to mount the SD card. Cannot continue.
/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
/#

Eschelon 03-09-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedoig (Post 1617770)
Not sure if anyone else follows the IRC channel, but no2chem has jumped on board for Rhodium/Android development. He also mentioned a possible future update to his clock control program for MSM7xxx. Apparently bzo has control of the processor in increments of 19.2mhz under linux thanks to some of no2chem's notes. Exciting stuff...

I actually followed that channel yesterday and today. It's fun to watch no2chem fly. That guy is light years ahead of the rest of us :drunken:

00_MACKIE_00 03-09-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locomariachi (Post 1618154)
just formatted my card but still getting the same thing.

Running an fsck on the SD Card
dosfsck 2.0.1, 23 Nov 2008, FAT32, LFN
Logical sectgor size is zero.
mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /sdcard failed: invalid argument
failed
failed to mount the SD card. Cannot continue.
/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
/#

You got another sd card to try? You sure you did the process correctly on loading everything to the SD card?

locomariachi 03-09-2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1618204)
You got another sd card to try? You sure you did the process correctly on loading everything to the SD card?

I don't have an sd card with me. but I just unzipped the folder, i put it in the root (all the contents) then ran the exe. :(

00_MACKIE_00 03-09-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locomariachi (Post 1618215)
I don't have an sd card with me. but I just unzipped the folder, i put it in the root (all the contents) then ran the exe. :(

Got a walmart nearby? they have 8 giggers for less than 20 bucks

locomariachi 03-09-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1618218)
Got a walmart nearby? they have 8 giggers for less than 20 bucks

lol well i'm a lil short on cash (college status) but i might get another one soon. i'm using a 4gb one that i've had since i had my samsung slider. but that's neither here nor there. so basically get a new sd card and try it out and if not then what?

mrrogers1 03-09-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1617964)

Honestly, I don't know, just stating the facts of what I experienced. Maybe the reboot (once you get to the initializing screen) issue is just an intermittent bug that happened to have popped up only after I tried the all in one, but it was the first time I have ever had it just re-boot after hitting that initializing screen. I have been experimenting with the builds for awhile so I figured I'd report back after actually having something strange happen.

I don't know what the "re-boot, my phone is fried" situation is about BUT this is completely different than what I'm talking about.

eyeballz 03-09-2010 04:23 PM

google,

Hp disk tool

download that and repartition that card and format. It might just work in a windows enviorment. I use that tool for a lot of different stuff,

Meanee 03-09-2010 04:26 PM

I am getting an issue where phone went in a "deep sleep" and I couldn't get it out of it without hitting reset button. LED was Amber I believe, and no keys were responsive. Any guesses?

steveholtam 03-09-2010 04:30 PM

I always had perfect luck with Civic's files from the sub-folder. Now I have downloaded the new flyers all in one zip, and moved those files to my root, removing the old Android boot sub-folder.

My problem is the while trying to boot, I think the loading is stuck in a loop. I see a few things that look like errors, such as:

"task rpcrouter: 15 is blocked for more then 120 seconds" and "hung_task_timeout"

Any ideas? Thanks!

JustusIV 03-09-2010 04:34 PM

Do you think when they start working on bluetooth that its as soon as its going it will support A2DP?
Thats the only way i use bluetooth, so i am just wondering.

LiquidX 03-09-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steveholtam (Post 1618251)
I always had perfect luck with Civic's files from the sub-folder. Now I have downloaded the new flyers all in one zip, and moved those files to my root, removing the old Android boot sub-folder.

My problem is the while trying to boot, I think the loading is stuck in a loop. I see a few things that look like errors, such as:

"task rpcrouter: 15 is blocked for more then 120 seconds" and "hung_task_timeout"

Any ideas? Thanks!

reformat, put all new files on and try again.

sweena1 03-09-2010 04:35 PM

And the updates keep coming. Now the keyboard and g-sensor are working.

Mr. Pippy - I made my first donation to the cause and in support of what the future will bring. I've never done it before, but you are making me a believer. I hope others are feeling the same way!

Mazzakre 03-09-2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweena1 (Post 1618269)
And the updates keep coming. Now the keyboard and g-sensor are working.

Mr. Pippy - I made my first donation to the cause and in support of what the future will bring. I've never done it before, but you are making me a believer. I hope others are feeling the same way!

Keyboard and g-sensor were already working. Is there an improvement? Is that what Mackie posted a few pages back? I went to the link and couldnt understand any of it lol. Mind posting some instructions/info?

neodarksaver 03-09-2010 04:51 PM

OK,
Left is mapped to left
Right is mapped to up
Down is mapped to right
Up is mapped to down.

Finally figured this out.

and another issue. the phone cant be charged when running android eh?

sp4150 03-09-2010 04:52 PM

im am really starting to enjoy booting into android but would like to know if we will soon be getting hero 2.1 build?

skruff77 03-09-2010 04:53 PM

im on verizon and i get 3g network this is cool. i was reading that pople on verizon cant get network but i got it. lol now i just need to test mms to see if it works

surge 03-09-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeballz (Post 1618017)
hw3d.force=1 added to startup.txt gives you beta hardware 3d acceleration using latest zimage kernell...

im not sure what differences are present but it does load some apps quicker and transitions seems smoother....not smooth but smoother for apps that have multiple page redraws and such.

Anyone else experimenting with this in thier start up file.

There isnt a lot of feedback on this yet so i was just wondering how many brave users we have trying this out?

I saw the same thing and updated my image and modules and added hw3d.force=1 to my startup file.

I had a game on there called Light Racer 3D Basic and it ran pretty bad so I figured this would be a good test.. the game gets through the menus but the actual game play doesn't work so I can't tell if it works any faster.

The menus all seem snappier, but that could also just be the brain playing tricks :)

sliverr7x 03-09-2010 05:05 PM

I need some help alright I dl the easy zip to my sd card I made a new folder in my sd card and unziped the contents to the android folder I opened it up and hit haret.exe it started up but for the ninth time I keep getting can not find root of sd card Root.rs needs to be unzipped to the root of sd card... I tryed brand new sd card and I have never had a problem with civics builds,Enless I am missing something about the root of the sd card and were to but it. thanks

eyeballz 03-09-2010 05:06 PM

i do niot remember the fluid transitions without the hardware calls in the startup.txt.

Im too lazy to revert back to check it out. I also noticed the directv app works faster now and so does pandora....albeit no sound..... I think i could really test this as a daily user with powermgmt and sound. working.

I absolutely love the speed at which this is progressiing.

00_MACKIE_00 03-09-2010 05:08 PM

So is anyone working on sound at all?

Is this something that comes from the zImage or what?

chapinhacker 03-09-2010 05:09 PM

damn it finally i made it to page 52 after 6 hours of reading.

i read all peoples issues. but most of them the answears are in the first page.

1 thing i notice is your led light won't be green if you have many apps open. keep that in mind.

1 another thing is this forum is moving so fast to catch up. lol

thanks to all the people helping each other and special thanks to mrpipy and Civic for all the effort in this project.

GRACIAS