PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113373)

Beejis 10-30-2010 11:25 PM

Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 1984441)
Just use the Fancy Widget apk I've attached. Put it in the AndroidApps folder. Then just put the widget on your home screen - bam, clock & weather.

My contact pics on GMail pull thru... not sure how to get Facebook pics as user pics tho. I'm sure if you set their pic in your GMail contacts it'll work (this assumes you sync your contact list with your GMail account).

To get facebook pics for contacts download syncmypix from the market, works like a charm ;)

arrrghhh 10-31-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beejis (Post 1984685)
To get facebook pics for contacts download syncmypix from the market, works like a charm ;)

Ha, I won't use this but thanks for the tip. I'm sure a lot of other people will :p

bnsd90 11-09-2010 07:58 PM

Hello Gents,
I have looked through, but am not sure which post has the most updated version, or if the original post in continuously updated? If someone could help me out, that would be great?

arrrghhh 11-09-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnsd90 (Post 1991767)
Hello Gents,
I have looked through, but am not sure which post has the most updated version, or if the original post in continuously updated? If someone could help me out, that would be great?

First post is the most up to date - but not in this thread ;)

Check out this thread - it's in the stickies!

termeli 11-24-2010 03:57 PM

how long does it take to booting.
Haret searched with search and booted.
boats continued for 4.5 hours and 1 hour if the screen is the same, or so it seems
4.5 hours long you can not use mobile

arrrghhh 11-24-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by termeli (Post 2001614)
how long does it take to booting.
Haret searched with search and booted.
boats continued for 4.5 hours and 1 hour if the screen is the same, or so it seems
4.5 hours long you can not use mobile

I uh... am not sure how to respond to this one. First, look at the sticky's - this thread is OLD.

Second, it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to boot. If it does, you're in a bootloop. If you're running an up-to-date build this should not happen.

paul2628 12-28-2010 11:20 AM

why does the sim card have to be out....?

demonlordoftheround 12-28-2010 12:57 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul2628
why does the sim card have to be out....?

Can't see who your carrier is but the SIM card does nothing for CDMA phones and Android will randomly find it even when the startup text reads force_cdma=1. When that happens your phone will show No Service.

touch-this-pro 12-30-2010 11:59 PM

man, i can not get this Android to boot up for nothing.
It freezes right after i hit boot and the haret.exe bar swipes to the right completely. Then have to take battery out to restart.

I have re-installed 3 times, format my SD card once, made sure the force_cmda=1 is there.

Not sure what else I have to do. I am installing from the cab: Project Android 2.2BLAZN.0.92810.cab and yes i have downloaded a fresh copy.

Interestingly enough, when i hit update to the 11/24/10 version, it will update but still will not boot.

Also, I had installed android previously, about a month ago and it worked fine. But i had to re-flash for a bug. I installed mightyrom again, but no luck now with the android.

any help?
thanks

Boominsvx 12-31-2010 01:12 AM

Are you overclocked?

demonlordoftheround 12-31-2010 08:32 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Take all the Android files off and try again. A hang at Haret is usually caused by booting Android when Winmo is overclocked.

touch-this-pro 12-31-2010 12:11 PM

i am over-clocking, but after i read the last couple comments it seems that I shouldn't.
Ok i am over clocking with Msm7kCPUspeed and I went back to defaults 528 and 50 polling and it still gets stuck.

Do i have to uninstall Msm7kcpuspeed and the SetCpuseed-1.0 in order to get Haret to boot?
thanks

demonlordoftheround 12-31-2010 12:41 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

you have to kill mortscript if that is how setcpuspeed works. Try uninstalling setcpuspeed, reboot the phone, then boot haret and see what happens.

touch-this-pro 12-31-2010 04:27 PM

aaah ok, i got it to work, but now the android is stuck on airplane mode.
thanks

arrrghhh 01-01-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by touch-this-pro (Post 2027400)
aaah ok, i got it to work, but now the android is stuck on airplane mode.
thanks

force_cdma=?

Replace the ? with a 1 or 0, depending if you're GSM or CDMA.

BlackDynamite 01-01-2011 02:22 PM

Looks like the first post hasn't been updated since March. Is it still up to date? I'd rather not read all 194 pages to get caught up...

Can someone fill me in on the latest? I'd like to get Android running on my old Touch Pro 2 if I can. I don't plan on using the phone portion of it though just the Android Market, headphone jack, maybe the speaker, and WiFi.

touch-this-pro 01-01-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2027800)
force_cdma=?

no, that was not it. After couple more android reboots, I got it to work. Not sure why, but the command force_cmda=1 was properly there.

So, finally i can boot on the Android!!!! I know now it was over-clocking the issue.

Now, when I go back to 528Hz in the Windows side, Haret still freezes while booting. why is that?

touch-this-pro 01-01-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackDynamite (Post 2027871)
Looks like the first post hasn't been updated since March. Is it still up to date? I'd rather not read all 194 pages to get caught up...

Can someone fill me in on the latest? I'd like to get Android running on my old Touch Pro 2 if I can. I don't plan on using the phone portion of it though just the Android Market, headphone jack, maybe the speaker, and WiFi.

Go to the first page and download the single cab file (link in the first few sentences).

Make sure that you are not over-clocking on the windows side. Install in the Storage card and you should have android in your TP2. (choose Rhod400 for TP2 while booting android).

demonlordoftheround 01-01-2011 02:50 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:

Originally Posted by touch-this-pro
Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2027800)
force_cdma=?

no, that was not it. After couple more android reboots, I got it to work. Not sure why, but the command force_cmda=1 was properly there.

So, finally i can boot on the Android!!!! I know now it was over-clocking the issue.

Now, when I go back to 528Hz in the Windows side, Haret still freezes while booting. why is that?

check your files and startup again. try deleting the data file and let android create a new one.

touch-this-pro 01-01-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround (Post 2027889)

check your files and startup again. try deleting the data file and let android create a new one.

which one is the data file? is it in the andboot folder simply called data? it is like 256 MB.
thanks

demonlordoftheround 01-01-2011 03:15 PM

Yep, that is the one.

touch-this-pro 01-01-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround (Post 2027902)

Yep, that is the one.

no luck there. :angry7:

i wonder that if i re-install android and over-clock windows it will give me the same issue even though I would have set the CPU clock back to 528 before haret booting.

demonlordoftheround 01-01-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by touch-this-pro
Quote:

Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround (Post 2027902)

Yep, that is the one.

no luck there. :angry7:

i wonder that if i re-install android and over-clock windows it will give me the same issue even though I would have set the CPU clock back to 528 before haret booting.

haret will not boot when winmo is overclocked. not sure how you are overclocking at stock speed, but take it off winmo completely before booting android.

touch-this-pro 01-01-2011 04:45 PM

what i was trying to say is that when I over-clock on the windows side and decide to boot up android, I have to get the speed of the CPU back to 528 Hz (stock speed). even if I do this with SetClockSpeed app (ass suggested on the first post), Haret still freezes.

i am not sure what the problem is, but I am guessing somewhere in the settings, haret "reads" the wrong CPU speed.

BlackDynamite 01-01-2011 04:48 PM

Is there a ROM that is best configured for Android? I have no intention of ever running WinMo again, or even ever activating my old Touch Pro 2 again. Is there a particular ROM I should install in order to get the best (and easiest) Android running?

touch-this-pro 01-01-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackDynamite (Post 2027963)
Is there a ROM that is best configured for Android? I have no intention of ever running WinMo again, or even ever activating my old Touch Pro 2 again. Is there a particular ROM I should install in order to get the best (and easiest) Android running?

I believe the chefs are working in the hardware compatibility issues with the TP2, therefore a full complaint Android ROM may not be ready as of yet.

demonlordoftheround 01-01-2011 09:35 PM

The NAND Android work is ongoing but not ready for daily use.

daalvarado 01-17-2011 12:32 AM

hello, I just installed the android OS on my sprint touch pro2 and was trying to get the ringtones to work with no luck. I have found that Ringtones do work if you download Music Box, and Astro File manager from the market. Start musicbox and search for any song and download it. Click on the tab in musicbox called "downloads" find the song you just downloaded. Press and hold finger on the song and you get an option to set as ring tone. Now if you go to main menu/ settings/sound/phone ring tone you will notice the silent option is not checked any more. and the song you set is the ringtone now! what I have found now, is if you start Astro file manager and locate a song or ringtone you have stored where ever in your sd card, you can select a song/ringtone by holding finger on the file and you get an optionthat say "music options" click on that and then click on set as ring tone. This option was not avaliable until i used "musicbox" But it works for me now.

proxhack 01-17-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daalvarado (Post 2038030)
hello, I just installed the android OS on my sprint touch pro2 and was trying to get the ringtones to work with no luck. I have found that Ringtones do work if you download Music Box, and Astro File manager from the market. Start musicbox and search for any song and download it. Click on the tab in musicbox called "downloads" find the song you just downloaded. Press and hold finger on the song and you get an option to set as ring tone. Now if you go to main menu/ settings/sound/phone ring tone you will notice the silent option is not checked any more. and the song you set is the ringtone now! what I have found now, is if you start Astro file manager and locate a song or ringtone you have stored where ever in your sd card, you can select a song/ringtone by holding finger on the file and you get an optionthat say "music options" click on that and then click on set as ring tone. This option was not avaliable until i used "musicbox" But it works for me now.

which android did you installed?

try Froyo X from the post with that title.

daalvarado 01-17-2011 05:27 PM

i installed XDAndroid2.2Froyo.121610

z0mb1e 02-02-2011 02:02 PM

How do you get android to load automatically when you turn your phone off then on ?

arrrghhh 02-02-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z0mb1e (Post 2049746)
How do you get android to load automatically when you turn your phone off then on ?

Short of being very brave and playing with our NAND build, Gen.Y would be the only way to solve this issue.

etdouglas 10-04-2011 09:05 PM

Is there anyway to increase the space that the OS uses? I am running into the low storage space error and I have 1500 mb free on the storage card. Does the android OS use some of the space on the phone memory or is it setting aside a certain amount of space to use on the storage card?

arrrghhh 10-04-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etdouglas (Post 2148620)
Is there anyway to increase the space that the OS uses? I am running into the low storage space error and I have 1500 mb free on the storage card. Does the android OS use some of the space on the phone memory or is it setting aside a certain amount of space to use on the storage card?

First, I hope you're not using this thread as a reference. The last post was made... almost a year ago. Let's just say it's outdated.

Second, all of the storage you're talking about is in the data.img file. See this thread on how to expand that files size easily.

Our rootfs defaults to a 256mb size data.img - a good compromise so users with 512mb cards can still use our builds easily, but gives *most* users enough space ;).

etdouglas 10-04-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2148636)
First, I hope you're not using this thread as a reference. The last post was made... almost a year ago. Let's just say it's outdated.

Second, all of the storage you're talking about is in the data.img file. See this thread on how to expand that files size easily.

Our rootfs defaults to a 256mb size data.img - a good compromise so users with 512mb cards can still use our builds easily, but gives *most* users enough space ;).

Thanks that's what I was figuring. So has development for this stopped? Where is the best place to get updated info on this development?

arrrghhh 10-04-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etdouglas (Post 2148642)
Thanks that's what I was figuring. So has development for this stopped? Where is the best place to get updated info on this development?

The Android TP2 Development section is a good place to start...

rmonroe041 06-25-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers2114 (Post 1614791)
All files from post one are already extracted and inside the file.....just follow the instructions below and you are off....

just extract the folder and throw it on the root of the card.....if it does not work just move all the files onto the root.....FYI...what I do is add a new folder for all of my current stuff for Winmo and drop all Droid files right into the root...

EDIT: Thanks to matthewb57 for providing me with free hosting. When more packages are ready I will package them up and use the free file hosting from him. Makes it all quicker. Please give THANKS to "matthewb57" whenever you see a post by him, for providing this hosting!

Please refer to this thread for future updates.

http://sites.google.com/site/androidport/downloads

GL!:mrgreen:

***BTW, that link is dead, or the file is no longer there...***
:angry7: