PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113373)

Newbe 05-25-2010 04:14 AM

Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Thanks but after I downloaded the current file, where do I go from there. Which explains why I am a NEWBE. Again, I have never done anything like this b4. Looking 4 help only
Thanks

nevergonnauseth 05-25-2010 04:41 AM

http://www.jbpcrepair.com/mackie/TP2...20Development/

download the recent one, format your sd card to fat32, unzip everything to the card, use the file explorer and click on haret.exe

and seriously dude, read any of the stickied threads.

Newbe 05-26-2010 01:58 AM

download the recent one, format your sd card to fat32, unzip everything to the card, use the file explorer and click on haret.exe

and seriously dude, read any of the stickied threads.

I have read the threads, but with no experience adding any type of development, its all foriegn language to a Newbie like me.

solcam 05-27-2010 04:47 AM

OK. I have a friend with an HTC Hero. Is there anyway to write his phone structure to my alltel touchpro to make it run android 2.1 as defalut OS?
I just upgraded his sprint Hero to 2.1, and at first his bluetooth didnt work and does now. Or is there a way to cook a rom from his to flash to mine/yours/anyones?

[sammich] 05-30-2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solcam (Post 1776824)
OK. I have a friend with an HTC Hero. Is there anyway to write his phone structure to my alltel touchpro to make it run android 2.1 as defalut OS?
I just upgraded his sprint Hero to 2.1, and at first his bluetooth didnt work and does now. Or is there a way to cook a rom from his to flash to mine/yours/anyones?

You cannot replace WM with Android, but you can actually install an autoloader that starts android when your phone boots.

madamealaina 06-01-2010 12:12 PM

(posted on another thread but thought I'd try here too)

I have no data!! I've searched everywhere and tried ever suggestion I can find before posting up. I've got the Sprint version so I tried with and without the SIM, nothing works. I've tried deleting the data.img file and starting that from scratch, nothing... I've tried different versions of the rootfs.img as I've seen recommended, nothing...

Originally it was starting in airplane mode but after several boots, that stopped. When I hold the power button, it says airplane mode is off and Mobile network is on. When I go to setting/wireless & networks, I scroll to mobile network it is checked but it says 'disconnected because the radio was turned off'. The movile networks option beneath to set the options is blacked out. I check the box next to the top mobile network and it opens the box to be connected to the internet. I click it again and it sais that it is turning it on but it never does.

Have I tried everything? Is there no way for me to be able to use Android? It makes me sad cuz I like the OS but it is pointless for me to use it if it makes my phone no longer a phone... Please help!!

NeoMatrixJR 06-02-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madamealaina (Post 1785032)
(posted on another thread but thought I'd try here too)

I have no data!! I've searched everywhere and tried ever suggestion I can find before posting up. I've got the Sprint version so I tried with and without the SIM, nothing works. I've tried deleting the data.img file and starting that from scratch, nothing... I've tried different versions of the rootfs.img as I've seen recommended, nothing...

Originally it was starting in airplane mode but after several boots, that stopped. When I hold the power button, it says airplane mode is off and Mobile network is on. When I go to setting/wireless & networks, I scroll to mobile network it is checked but it says 'disconnected because the radio was turned off'. The movile networks option beneath to set the options is blacked out. I check the box next to the top mobile network and it opens the box to be connected to the internet. I click it again and it sais that it is turning it on but it never does.

Have I tried everything? Is there no way for me to be able to use Android? It makes me sad cuz I like the OS but it is pointless for me to use it if it makes my phone no longer a phone... Please help!!

What zimage/modules version are you using? Is your data/radio working properly in WinMo? What android apps have you installed? Are you getting signal bars (or perhaps bars with the "x")?

madamealaina 06-02-2010 06:49 PM

I have tried the most current versions of the build (flashes Klinux across the top when booting) as well as the 2 previous versions. Everything works properly in WM, phone and data. I've tried with no apps installed as well as the apps it automatically selects to install. I'm getting no signal at all.

The latest that I got from it was "process android.process.acore is not responding". That message popped up the last time I booted into it. It then asked if I wanted to force or wait for a response. Selecting either option did nothing to give me 3g access.

jamice4u 06-02-2010 11:52 PM

I first I would remove the your old android folder and replace and then I would install the sense cab 06/01/2010 in the android cab.

Please click on the view hyperlink to download the latest Sense Cab 06/01/2010. :arrow:View
  1. Copy to SD card
  2. Install: This .cab has to be installed directly to your SD card or it will not work!
  3. Soft Reset your handset
  4. Run Project Android (MJGDroidUtil.exe) from your new start menu icon and enjoy!
Please don't forget to thank me.:toothy7:

madamealaina 06-03-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamice4u (Post 1788455)
I first I would remove the your old android folder and replace and then I would install the sense cab 06/01/2010 in the android cab.

Please click on the view hyperlink to download the latest Sense Cab 06/01/2010. :arrow:View
  1. Copy to SD card
  2. Install: This .cab has to be installed directly to your SD card or it will not work!
  3. Soft Reset your handset
  4. Run Project Android (MJGDroidUtil.exe) from your new start menu icon and enjoy!
Please don't forget to thank me.:toothy7:

THANK YOU!!! It took a few tries but I now have full signal and 3g! You are my savior!!!

kroewe 06-03-2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madamealaina (Post 1789063)
THANK YOU!!! It took a few tries but I now have full signal and 3g! You are my savior!!!

then you should press the big green thank you button on his post...

ChangSupra88 06-03-2010 05:38 PM

Took one try and this works good and looks good on my TP2. Thanks

madamealaina 06-03-2010 09:59 PM

Now to get the GPS working on it. I'm toying around and it shows that it is connected but it isn't functioning.

tpsbigs 06-07-2010 05:32 PM

hey can anyone tell me y tikl touch to talk doesnt work? on dualboot touch pro 2
http://www.appbrain.com/app/mobi.and...app.ptt.client

jenstyler 06-10-2010 02:18 AM

Alright, Ive been searching for hours and still no luck. All I need/want is some simple directions on how to install android onto my TP2. The "Single Zip File" link doesn't go anywhere and I have no idea what I'm doing. The CAB I downloaded won't install and the .ZIP I have freezes in the linux boot. PLEASE HELP

The file "ProjectAndroid 2.1LaunchPro 060110.CAB" when I try to install on my phone just says "ProjectAndroid 2.1LaunchPro 060110 was unsucessfully installed" with no loading bar, no "hit yes to continue" nothing. And when I run Haret with the [MJG]Rhod.2.1LaunchPro.060110.ZIP it runs linux then after about 20 lines of code it just freezes. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. everything is on my 2gb SD card with 1.5gb free.

jenstyler 06-10-2010 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenstyler (Post 1806004)
Alright, Ive been searching for hours and still no luck. All I need/want is some simple directions on how to install android onto my TP2. The "Single Zip File" link doesn't go anywhere and I have no idea what I'm doing. The CAB I downloaded won't install and the .ZIP I have freezes in the linux boot. PLEASE HELP

The file "ProjectAndroid 2.1LaunchPro 060110.CAB" when I try to install on my phone just says "ProjectAndroid 2.1LaunchPro 060110 was unsucessfully installed" with no loading bar, no "hit yes to continue" nothing. And when I run Haret with the [MJG]Rhod.2.1LaunchPro.060110.ZIP it runs linux then after about 20 lines of code it just freezes. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. everything is on my 2gb SD card with 1.5gb free.

I figured it out, I forgot to update the Roofs file in the andboot folder, got it running now. Thanks everyone!

yoseppi 06-14-2010 06:35 PM

Been looking, but where is the link in this post? Just another link to another thread is all I see. Any help? No offense, but this forum is a train wreck of information, posts leading blindly into other posts. Yeesh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers2114 (Post 1614791)
All files from post one are already extracted and inside the file.....just follow the instructions below and you are off....

just extract the folder and throw it on the root of the card.....if it does not work just move all the files onto the root.....FYI...what I do is add a new folder for all of my current stuff for Winmo and drop all Droid files right into the root...

EDIT: Thanks to matthewb57 for providing me with free hosting. When more packages are ready I will package them up and use the free file hosting from him. Makes it all quicker. Please give THANKS to "matthewb57" whenever you see a post by him, for providing this hosting!

Please refer to this thread for future updates. Mackie is updating in post 3...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115443

GL!:mrgreen:

kroewe 06-14-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoseppi (Post 1814840)
Been looking, but where is the link in this post? Just another link to another thread is all I see. Any help? No offense, but this forum is a train wreck of information, posts leading blindly into other posts. Yeesh.

from the post you quoted in your post...

you could always try following these directions and go to POST 3 of that thread and click on the download here link...
just a thought...

clifftrue 06-17-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kroewe (Post 1814924)
from the post you quoted in your post...

you could always try following these directions and go to POST 3 of that thread and click on the download here link...
just a thought...

I just uploaded a Sense and a standard version today. Mackie has moved on to another device and I have taken over the all in ones in that thread. The files are in the same location as Mackies files as he is letting me use the space.

yoseppi 07-03-2010 09:45 AM

Mackie, thanks SO much for the simple download of sense and android. That was great.

yoseppi 07-04-2010 01:04 PM

Hmmm, well nothing worked lol. It booted into Android, but with no functionality. No signal, etc, nothing.

Does this half to be run off a blank sd card? And does it need to be run directly from the root directory of the card?

Any tips anyone can think of?

daddymikey1975 07-04-2010 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoseppi (Post 1851253)
Hmmm, well nothing worked lol. It booted into Android, but with no functionality. No signal, etc, nothing.

Does this half to be run off a blank sd card? And does it need to be run directly from the root directory of the card?

Any tips anyone can think of?

If you're using a sprint TP2, take out your SIM card.

Android (the .cab) needs to be installed (to the root) of the SD card. (it will auto install there)

sometimes it will boot up into airplane mode.

Once up and running, you should have connectivity (calls/text).. you'll need to go into settings > wireless & networks
make sure airplane mode is not checked
then go to settings > wireless & network settings > mobile networks
make sure data enabled is checked then go to > access point names
enter any text for name, anything for aaa and whatever you want for
server.
mine says:
name: snarf
aaa: blah blah snarf snarf
server: (typed the word "none")

this should get you working.

I hope this helps :)

lamart09 07-08-2010 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPippy (Post 1614450)
Android for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400/RHOD500)

Instructions
  • Thanks to flyers2114, there is a single zip file you can download that has all the files included. Otherwise, the long instructions are below
  • Download babijoee's latest XDANDROID release, and unzip it to the root of your SD card.
  • Download the latest kernel package from glemsom's kernel autobuild site. Untar the file (it's like unzipping -- 7-zip in windows can do this), rename zImage.xxxxxxxxx to zImage, and replace all zImage and modules* files in the root of your sdcard with these.
  • Download the rootfs zip attached to this post and unzip it. Move the file (should be called rootfs.img) to the root of your SD card, replacing the XDANDROID rootfs.
  • Download the startup.txt attached to this post, and copy it into the root of your SD card.
  • Using File Explorer, navigate to the Storage Card and run HaRET.exe to boot Android
  • Note that if you are upgrading from 95civic's builds, you should remove all Android-related files from your SD card except for data.img

The kernel autobuild site isn't working. Any alternatives???

yoseppi 07-08-2010 02:24 AM

Success, I cleaned off the sd card of any windows mobile junk. Loaded all the android files from the zip file directly on the root of the blank sd card. Booted into winblows, ran haret.exe, and all is running great.

I miss not having sense like on my Hero, any tips on making sense run on this?

Thanks so far, hopefully this helps someone with a similar issue.

proxhack 07-08-2010 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoseppi (Post 1855950)
Success, I cleaned off the sd card of any windows mobile junk. Loaded all the android files from the zip file directly on the root of the blank sd card. Booted into winblows, ran haret.exe, and all is running great.

I miss not having sense like on my Hero, any tips on making sense run on this?

Thanks so far, hopefully this helps someone with a similar issue.

Download Android Version 2.1 w/ Sense UI from reffermates post and you will be fine.

stcardinal 07-08-2010 04:26 AM

How long is the load screen suppose to be??

I copied all the files to the root on my SD card and booted it up. It created teh data.img and then it just shows the XDandroid animated screen forever and never advances.

yoseppi 07-08-2010 04:36 AM

Alright, I downloaded the 2.1, and everything works great, after I removed the sim card. Only real issue is the market. It reboots and crashes whenever I try and run the market. Anyone else get this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by proxhack (Post 1855954)
Download Android Version 2.1 w/ Sense UI from reffermates post and you will be fine.

daddymikey1975 07-09-2010 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoseppi (Post 1855995)
Alright, I downloaded the 2.1, and everything works great, after I removed the sim card. Only real issue is the market. It reboots and crashes whenever I try and run the market. Anyone else get this?

The Sense build has problems when accessing the market.

This is a known issue. No fix as of yet that I'm aware of.

Lectoid08 07-16-2010 03:35 PM

So I downloaded the .rar file and everything loads. I removed the sim card and no signal. When I go to the access point and enter the name aaa and server "internet.com" when i hit save or try to back out i the message that "the APN can not be empty". I have rebooted several times and read tons of threads that loop on to many different site and I am not sure if i am missing something.

Thanks

ELOHIM 07-28-2010 04:12 PM

Hi,

I must say finding this thread is a dream come true for me. Just wondering if anyone was able to get Android installed and functioning properly on their TP2? If so can you walk through the steps with me from start to finish? Thanks in advance.

mrrogers1 07-28-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELOHIM (Post 1887161)
Hi,

I must say finding this thread is a dream come true for me. Just wondering if anyone was able to get Android installed and functioning properly on their TP2? If so can you walk through the steps with me from start to finish? Thanks in advance.

You are kinding right..... I think you need to a) start from the top and read rather than asking for a hand holding from start to finish THEN b) move from this thread to this one http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114400

ELOHIM 07-28-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrrogers1 (Post 1887176)
You are kinding right..... I think you need to a) start from the top and read rather than asking for a hand holding from start to finish THEN b) move from this thread to this one http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114400

whoa someone has absolutely nothing to do all day (mrrogers1) are you touching a little boy while replying to posts'? Fortunately I have a life and would rather not read through 187 pages of posts to only end up with a phone that's a brick… I was just hoping someone had a quick, easy tried and true guide to getting this done… I thought this was a place to come when you needed help not insults thanks but no thanks mrrogers1 …

Since you seem to have tons of time on your hand how about you visit this site and spend some time reading its material. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+1&version=NIV

No1ustad 07-28-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELOHIM (Post 1887212)
whoa someone has absolutely nothing to do all day (mrrogers1) are you touching a little boy while replying to posts'? Fortunately I have a life and would rather not read through 187 pages of posts to only end up with a phone that's a brick… I was just hoping someone had a quick, easy tried and true guide to getting this done… I thought this was a place to come when you needed help not insults thanks but no thanks mrrogers1 …

Since you seem to have tons of time on your hand how about you visit this site and spend some time reading its material. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+1&version=NIV

if ur gonna attack him back, jeez, at least do a better job than that...

pts69666 07-28-2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

wow... i know im not one to talk, but lets look at post count here... ah thats wright...

anyway, go to the other thread. you dont need to read all the 188 pages or whatever... read the first page...

it tells you whats working and whats not. download the cab, install it, run haret.exe and enjoy android. just please don't post stuff asking why sound don't work...

mrrogers1 07-29-2010 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No1ustad (Post 1887215)
if ur gonna attack him back, jeez, at least do a better job than that...

Quote:

Your post is laughable.... really. First of all, I insulted no one, but you must have felt it was insulting of me to tell you, with less than 5 posts, having not read any of this or the other main Android thread to stop being lazy and explore for yourself AND then actually told you where to go... I certainly didn't imply that you were pedophile.... then refer someone to the bible... HA HA! Sure thing buddy.... I think you might want to spend some more time reading the good book. ;-)

Just to recap what I did;

1) I told you to read. The first post would have set you on your way, if you didn't get it, you read some more, that's how learning works, right?

2) I told you not to come in here asking for someone to hold your hand. This is a "do it yourself and lend a hand from your learnings" type of community. If you can't read far enough to do better than "can somone tell me from start to finish how to do it", then you are certainly not in the right place and will probably brick your phone.

3) Pointed you to the most current Android build thread which, if you find time in your busy day to read the first post, will tell you, again, how to get this working.

Good luck holy man... HA HA!

[sammich] 07-29-2010 11:32 AM

Drop it, this is not the place to attack eachother. If you have an issue with another member, take it up via PM. Y'all should take a deep breath, go fire off a few rounds at the range/read the bible/whatever calms you down, and come back to this thread to have PRODUCTIVE conversation. :)

As for the instructions, the are in the first post of the thread. If you missed them, here they are:

Quote:

Instructions
  • Thanks to flyers2114, there is a single zip file you can download that has all the files included. Otherwise, the long instructions are below
  • Download babijoee's latest XDANDROID release, and unzip it to the root of your SD card.
  • Download the latest kernel package from glemsom's kernel autobuild site. Untar the file (it's like unzipping -- 7-zip in windows can do this), rename zImage.xxxxxxxxx to zImage, and replace all zImage and modules* files in the root of your sdcard with these.
  • Download the rootfs zip attached to this post and unzip it. Move the file (should be called rootfs.img) to the root of your SD card, replacing the XDANDROID rootfs.
  • Download the startup.txt attached to this post, and copy it into the root of your SD card.
  • Using File Explorer, navigate to the Storage Card and run HaRET.exe to boot Android
  • Note that if you are upgrading from 95civic's builds, you should remove all Android-related files from your SD card except for data.img

Thanks, and Gig 'Em

proxhack 07-29-2010 11:49 AM

ELOHIM VS MRROGERS

While a man was flashing his new TP2 , his 4 yr old son picked up a stone and scratched lines on the screen of the phone. In anger, the man took the child's hand and hit it many times; not realizing he was using a wrench. At the hospital, the child lost all his fingers due to multiple fractures. When the child saw his father.....with painful eyes he asked, 'Dad when will my fingers grow back?' The man was so hurt and speechless; he went back to his phone and kicked it a lot of times. Devastated by his own actions.......sitting in front of that phone he looked at the scratches; the child had written 'LOVE YOU DAD'. The next day that man committed suicide. . . Anger and Love have no limits...... Things are to be used and people are to be loved, but the problem in today's world is that, People are used and things are loved... During this year, let's be careful to keep this thought in mind: Things are to be used, but People are to be loved ...

Be yourself.... But remember actions and words said in anger can never be taken back!

This is the only day we HAVE.

ELOHIM 07-30-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [sammich] (Post 1888220)
Drop it, this is not the place to attack eachother. If you have an issue with another member, take it up via PM. Y'all should take a deep breath, go fire off a few rounds at the range/read the bible/whatever calms you down, and come back to this thread to have PRODUCTIVE conversation. :)

As for the instructions, the are in the first post of the thread. If you missed them, here they are:

Thanks, and Gig 'Em

Thanks a ton for the help guys… A “FRIEND” recommended this site to me and as you can probably tell by the number of posts I have only limited experience with using it. My friend mentioned this site being user friendly and an extremely helpful community of users that would assist you with any questions you might have regarding Smartphone’s (PPC’s). Again thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I’ll see what wonderful things come from this adventure. See you guys around, GOD bless.

pts69666 07-30-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELOHIM (Post 1889766)
Thanks a ton for the help guys… A “FRIEND” recommended this site to me and as you can probably tell by the number of posts I have only limited experience with using it. My friend mentioned this site being user friendly and an extremely helpful community of users that would assist you with any questions you might have regarding Smartphone’s (PPC’s). Again thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I’ll see what wonderful things come from this adventure. See you guys around, GOD bless.

This site is a great community. Only thing is that they have some expectations. First off, they expect you to read a few things. If you can't find what you are looking for, use the search function. Let me tell you, the reason this thread is almost 200 pages is because people don't use the search function and ask the same questions over and over again after they've been asked. If once you have read a few posts and used the search function you still have questions, this community is great about helping people out. Just don't start trying to blow up at people for telling you to use the search function or to read.

caprisingh89 07-31-2010 03:53 AM

for some raeason i can't get your android thing to work on my touch pro...i have took the sim card out still the same thing :/ ...plzzz help.