PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113373)

fr0st 03-08-2010 11:42 AM

Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

So I can't put my android files in a android folder even though I'm using that dual boot program?

loader187 03-08-2010 11:43 AM

you know what. Ill test right now for the scene. Be back in a bit

flyers2114 03-08-2010 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 (Post 1614827)
Thanks guys, you come through yet again..!!

"flyers, i'm throwin together a flyers theme that I most likely well have done today and put it up on the "Post Your Today Screen" thread, i'll send you a PM when it's complete =)

For sure...and I may have to borrow some of them files if it is ok...I was going to make one but just have not had the extra time...:mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by makkonen (Post 1614842)

It is not time sensitive, it's just touch sensitive... that is, very touch sensitive. If you look at what you have there, it's 5 sets of x,y coordinates, and your second and third pair are essentially the same. Meaning it read the second point twice, making the third and fourth points wrong.

If you have trouble with the calibration, just reboot to winmo and delete ts-calibration from your android folder on your sdcard. It will run the calibration again on the next boot.

Very very sensitive....lol

I would take that link down, simply because it confuses the issue. That's 95-Civic's old build, which contains a few out-of-tree hacks. This is the new one that's a little closer to lining up with the mainline development.

I agree....

Thx for the updates Mak!!!:mrgreen:

youngpro83 03-08-2010 11:54 AM

This is definitely an Android OS....battery life is garbage!! lmao!! My wife has The Hero and I feel bad for her cuz her battery life is really bad. I can go twice if not 3 times as long with my phone....well I am able to tweak and adjust to my likings. Great work on this port!! I was able to use the market place and I even taunted my wife with some of the same exact apps she has on her phone that I now can enjoy on mine. I cant wait until the sound is fixed so me and the wife can have a real AK war. I had to tell her I had a silencer on my AK. lmao!! Great work again guys.

dadda 03-08-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reekotubbs (Post 1614762)
If you have the android folder, remove it. This build only seems to work with files directly in the root of the SD Card

Quote:

The android folder no longer works. (It was conflicting with apps that created their own android folder in the sdcard, so it was changed.) If you still want to segregate your android files, change the android folder to 'andboot'.

Or you can add rel_path=whatever to your cmdline (in startup.txt) and then use whatever directory. (You need the latest initrd.gz for this to work correctly, though.)

It is not time sensitive, it's just touch sensitive... that is, very touch sensitive. If you look at what you have there, it's 5 sets of x,y coordinates, and your second and third pair are essentially the same. Meaning it read the second point twice, making the third and fourth points wrong.

If you have trouble with the calibration, just reboot to winmo and delete ts-calibration from your android folder on your sdcard. It will run the calibration again on the next boot.

I would take that link down, simply because it confuses the issue. That's 95-Civic's old build, which contains a few out-of-tree hacks. This is the new one that's a little closer to lining up with the mainline development.

I know post 1 says Sprint only, but I'd try it with Verizon anyway. The problem (at least as I know it, I haven't spoken with MrPippy about it) tends to be with carriers that require a username and password to connect to data, and I don't actually think Verizon does so. I know a few months ago when people were getting up and running with the RAPH500, it could connect to data without all the trouble that USCC et al were giving.

I could be wrong on that count, though. (There are a number of other issues that could cause a problem.) Can anyone confirm, up or down, whether data's working on Verizon?

the andboot folder on the root of the sd card didnt work for me it was saying that i need to download a new rootfs.img

sweena1 03-08-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

I know post 1 says Sprint only, but I'd try it with Verizon anyway. The problem (at least as I know it, I haven't spoken with MrPippy about it) tends to be with carriers that require a username and password to connect to data, and I don't actually think Verizon does so. I know a few months ago when people were getting up and running with the RAPH500, it could connect to data without all the trouble that USCC et al were giving.

I could be wrong on that count, though. (There are a number of other issues that could cause a problem.) Can anyone confirm, up or down, whether data's working on Verizon?

Verizon does not require user name or password for data so it sounds like we might be good to go! I'm downloading now and will report back unless someone beats me to it.

Thanks Mr Pippy, Flyers and all you other awesome people that are making this happen!!!! Can't wait to taunt my droid slingin' office mate with my dual boot beauty.

JDM_SOHC 03-08-2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers2114 (Post 1614861)
For sure...and I may have to borrow some of them files if it is ok...I was going to make one but just have not had the extra time...:mrgreen:

Of course its ok brotha, us flyer fans stick together you kno this..!! :headbang:

00_MACKIE_00 03-08-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngpro83 (Post 1614870)
This is definitely an Android OS....battery life is garbage!! lmao!! My wife has The Hero and I feel bad for her cuz her battery life is really bad. I can go twice if not 3 times as long with my phone....well I am able to tweak and adjust to my likings. Great work on this port!! I was able to use the market place and I even taunted my wife with some of the same exact apps she has on her phone that I now can enjoy on mine. I cant wait until the sound is fixed so me and the wife can have a real AK war. I had to tell her I had a silencer on my AK. lmao!! Great work again guys.

We can call this "the silencer series builds"

JDM_SOHC 03-08-2010 11:58 AM

And yeah I think once sound is developed into this whole process, it will draw a lot more attention "as if it's not already the talk of the town" lol...

loader187 03-08-2010 11:59 AM

sweena1, if you want to wait im doing it right now

fr0st 03-08-2010 12:01 PM

confirmed it won't work from android folder with dual boot anymore.

dadda 03-08-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fr0st (Post 1614891)
confirmed it won't work from android folder with dual boot anymore.

so u got it to boot up using the andboot folder

sweena1 03-08-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loader187 (Post 1614882)
sweena1, if you want to wait im doing it right now

Awesome! I'm actually camping with my family and there is super slow wifi...I keep refreshing this page to see what pops up next. Thanks for your help and I will keep my eyes open...you'll be helping all the Verizon people too :toothy10:

kawaiius 03-08-2010 12:08 PM

I'm downloadin now..goona try anyway...once sounds workin..man this will be sweet.

JDM_SOHC 03-08-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1614879)
We can call this "the silencer series builds"

LMAO..!! that's awesome..

Inspired me to make a splash screen for it real quick lol...

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...cedandroid.jpg

00_MACKIE_00 03-08-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 (Post 1614918)
LMAO..!! that's awesome..

Inspired me to make a splash screen for it real quick lol...

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...cedandroid.jpg

lmao thats awesome

JDM_SOHC 03-08-2010 12:14 PM

haha yeah i was crackin up the whole short time I was putting it together lol...

00_MACKIE_00 03-08-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 (Post 1614926)
haha yeah i was crackin up the whole short time I was putting it together lol...

You should have a quote at the bottom "real phones don't have sound"

hahhaa

JDM_SOHC 03-08-2010 12:24 PM

fixed =)

JDM_SOHC 03-08-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1614941)
You should have a quote at the bottom "real phones don't have sound"

hahhaa

hahaha yeah that's a trip... maybe I'll make another one after I do my morning mary-jane ritual to help inspire me a bit haha.. Perhaps I'll even use Photoshop and not MS Paint this time lmao...

loader187 03-08-2010 12:36 PM

sweena1 - sorry I am at work and was retarded and forgot to remove my sim card. I am rebooting now to see if everything works. - update soon

JDM_SOHC 03-08-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dude420420 (Post 1614764)
CDMA data not working

Mine is, just follow instructions word for word

Quote:

WIFI cannot start

You have to do your initial boot without a SIM Card in, once the phone is started goto your Settings\Wireles & Networks\Mobile Networks\Network Operators and it will do a quick search, than click Automatically Select Network, that's what I did and mine works fine now...

Quote:

Lost my live wallpapers too.

So did I, but than I found the Marketplace App, where I can redownload not only the 2 I'm missing, but plenty more for FREE..!!

GL bro, it's just a reading and following instructions thing... I think we all stumbled at first, but now I'm at a slow jog with this thing and once we get some sound integrated into this beast, I will be haulin ass with it..!! :headbang:

JDM_SOHC 03-08-2010 12:39 PM

Mr. Pippy, just outta curiosity do we know what is causing the sound not to work or is it something we just might have to deal without..??

00_MACKIE_00 03-08-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 (Post 1614988)
Mr. Pippy, just for shits and giggles do we know what is causing the sound not to work or is it something we just might have to deal without..??

From what I read, sounds like the speaker is disabled due to battery drain and it making strange sounds. Read it somewhere, don't remember where.

LiquidX 03-08-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 (Post 1614955)
hmmm... first boot worked but no 3G data... second boot worked but phone soft reset upon loading Home Screen.. now third, fourth, an fifth tries all were same as the 2nd... Soft resetting about 10 seconds after boot up...

Followed every direction to the point...
SIM Card is out...
Initial setup worked fine all but having 3G...

Maybe I'll format my spare 1GB SD and throw it on there and give it another shot...

I had this same issue on last build, and no one including me could figure it out, my last effort was to totally delete everything off my card, throw the files back on there. It did it to me again 3 times and then poof, it just started working, weird stuff, but i was just happy it worked.

kawaiius 03-08-2010 12:46 PM

for some reason i can get it to boot up..but then when i am going through the setup screen it goes black and resets...anyone else havin this problem or know whats going on?

JDM_SOHC 03-08-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidX (Post 1615003)
I had this same issue on last build, and no one including me could figure it out, my last effort was to totally delete everything off my card, throw the files back on there. It did it to me again 3 times and then poof, it just started working, weird stuff, but i was just happy it worked.

Yeah thats weird cuz what I did was take out my 8GB sd FULLLL of shit + Android that was causing weird issues... Formatted my spare 1GB card, threw the files on there, started it up, and it worked right away..!?!?

I'm not bitchin cuz it's working now but that was just ironic that it did that...

Now if I could only find out how to implement my downloaded Live Wallpapers into the correct folder to be able to use them, that would really make me happy..!!

sweena1 03-08-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kawaiius (Post 1615006)
for some reason i can get it to boot up..but then when i am going through the setup screen it goes black and resets...anyone else havin this problem or know whats going on?

are you using a Touch PRO 2 or touch pro like your tag says?

info[]box1 03-08-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers2114 (Post 1614791)
All files from post one are already extracted and inside the file.....just follow the instructions below and you are off....

just extract the folder and throw it on the root of the card.....if it does not work just move all the files onto the root.....FYI...what I do is add a new folder for all of my current stuff for Winmo and drop all Droid files right into the root...

http://www.mediafire.com/?wi2wmvmimmm

flyers thanks for doing what you do...salute

I struggled with that folder stuff 2days ago and it didnt work for me. First off I have a 16gb class2 sd evryday winmo sd. Try to dump all winmo stuff in one folder and dump droid stuff to the root of the sd and boot up. It never fully booted the linux command code froze up. It looked like it was trying to read the stuff in the winmo folder and locked up. I think the cabs files are the problem. Im trouble shooting now with the winmo folder thing. I think the solution is no cabs just media(movies and music)basics in the winmo folder. It trail and error time, the good thing is I dont think you can brick your device. Worst case softreset or hardreset.

So what it seems the outcome will eventually be in the future is to fully modd your ROM , then remove cab files and winmo exe stuff from sd, only leaving normal media (music and movies) then dump droid file on it. Or store winmo stuffs straight to device memory... and keep sd free for droid business...

This post is based on me trying alot of different thing re: winmo stuff on sd while trying to boot Android.

Big Dogs pls chime in...:)

JDM_SOHC 03-08-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1614993)
From what I read, sounds like the speaker is disabled due to battery drain and it making strange sounds. Read it somewhere, don't remember where.

Hmm that's odd... I mean it kinda makes sense but at the same time I'm sure if that's the only thing holding it back it should be solved soon...

I run MAC OS/X and Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic partitioned on my Win7/Vista hard drive and the only thing that kept me from having sound on either of them was a simple driver update, so I figured this being Linux and Microsoft as well it was probably just a driver missing or needing to be updated or something like that...

kawaiius 03-08-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweena1 (Post 1615017)
are you using a Touch PRO 2 or touch pro like your tag says?

Yea a touch pro 2 why?

loader187 03-08-2010 12:56 PM

Update for anyone on Verizon. Data and SMS both work. I have not tested calling yet but I am working so I cant right now. I can browse the web and send text messages back and fourth. I also added my gmail account to email and that works as well. If you want me to check anything else let me know. also checking google maps right now

jackreisinger1511 03-08-2010 12:56 PM

Have any of you guys seen a similar issue to this:

After launching Haret.exe the following error is displayed, "Something used micropklt_lcd_ctrl. This function should no longer be used." This error is displayed repeatly until the device crashes.

If so, could you let me know if you found a work-around?

I've tried five different SD cards ranging from 2gb to 8gb. The only build I've been able to successfully launch was the one released on 1/25/09. Thanks again in advance for your help.

surge 03-08-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1614840)
Maps is picking up my correct location now as well!

Did you have to do anything special?
Google maps isn't picking up my location. I upgraded to 4.0 though the Market but that didn't make a difference.

ndno 03-08-2010 12:58 PM

Everything seems to work; however, when I tried download apps under Market, it queues them up and I kept getting a status of "downloading" but it never downloads :(
Anyone with this issue?

EDIT: Nevermind, after I restart my TP2, those apps are downloaded and installed! :)

JDM_SOHC 03-08-2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surge (Post 1615034)
Did you have to do anything special?
Google maps isn't picking up my location. I upgraded to 4.0 though the Market but that didn't make a difference.

My location is picked up fine, within 70 Meters it says but it's pretty much only about 10ft off of where I'm sitting in my office..
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...C/PIC_0019.jpg

Notice, I'm not sitting in Granchinwackenhut or wherever we were at before lol..

ndno 03-08-2010 01:06 PM

Pretty solid build. So much smoother than WM. Now if only the speaker works, this would be awesome! Thanks MrPippy!

Those with boot up issue, MAKE SURE YOU LOAD EVERYTHING at the root of your MicroSD card; do not place them in any folder; Civic's version allows for that but not this one.

JDM_SOHC 03-08-2010 01:11 PM

Just like to announce that I think everyone who's trying this should thank all those who are offering their genius to us and helping us do this... Even if you haven't quite got it down yet, everyone in here is still doing all they can to help you, so just take a few minutes to go through the thread and click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif to whoever it was that helped you with something, especially Mr. Pippy in post #1...

This is moving along now pretty good an with a little help here and a little help there we're gonna be droid'ers in no time thanks to all this outstanding help...

kawaiius 03-08-2010 01:13 PM

i got it to load finally..dunno what it was..also..are the bottom buttons suppose to stay on at all times?

bullet2300 03-08-2010 01:14 PM

Oh my lord, data and sms working. God bless you all! Keep up the awesome work!