PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113373)

loader187 03-08-2010 01:15 PM

Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Sweena1 - Sorry I updated. I am using a touch pro 2 thanks for noticing. Everything is working great. I even synced up my work (exchange) email and that works great. The only thing that has not worked yet is Google maps but maybe it will after i reboot. I also downloaded from Market place fine. List below that tested and works.

Data (Browsing) - works no issues
SMS - Works no issues
Voice - Works no issues
Gmail - works no issues
Exchange for work - Works no issues
Vibrate - works no issues.

Anything else??

MrPib 03-08-2010 01:21 PM

Also have voice (outbound, didn't try in yet), CDMA data working under Verizon. Outstanding job!

Anyone know how to get rid of the small soft keyboard that appears at the top of the screen during bootup? I can't get rid of it, and it blocks things like the left side of the MMS screen. It's driving me nuts! Didn't see any obvious options in the STARTUP.TXT file or anything.

sweena1 03-08-2010 01:29 PM

Verizon Works awesome.

Working:
Wifi
3G Data
Phone
email
marketplace
google maps
Carrier name correct
google voice

Still trying stuff!!! This is FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!

kawaiius 03-08-2010 01:29 PM

Yea im absolutely loving it now....only things im worried about are if the buttons on the bottom and the light on the top are suppose to stay on?..once sound is fixed i think this will become my permanent os.

rushco 03-08-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kawaiius (Post 1615109)
Yea im absolutely loving it now....only things im worried about are if the buttons on the bottom and the light on the top are suppose to stay on?..once sound is fixed i think this will become my permanent os.

Just remember that if this is your permanent OS that you will need to charge the phone 2-3 times a day until that is fixed.

cflynt 03-08-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPib (Post 1615098)
Also have voice (outbound, didn't try in yet), CDMA data working under Verizon. Outstanding job!

Anyone know how to get rid of the small soft keyboard that appears at the top of the screen during bootup? I can't get rid of it, and it blocks things like the left side of the MMS screen. It's driving me nuts! Didn't see any obvious options in the STARTUP.TXT file or anything.

I recommend re-downloading the Startup.txt, Pippy had forgotten to put an option in there to disable it, or just add msmvkeyb_toggle=off to your cmdline. But he updated the file now, so if you want, just re-download it.

makkonen 03-08-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 (Post 1614880)
And yeah I think once sound is developed into this whole process, it will draw a lot more attention "as if it's not already the talk of the town" lol...

You want MORE attention? There's been like 30 or 40 pages across 2 threads since last night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fr0st (Post 1614891)
confirmed it won't work from android folder with dual boot anymore.

Yeah, gen.y dual boot needs to be updated to take account of the android->andboot change. If you want to use it at this point, you'll need to boot from the root of your sdcard.

Also, someone else said the andboot folder didn't work. That might be the case, if MrPippy didn't build the rootfs off a recent repository. I'd be surprised by this, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackreisinger1511 (Post 1615032)
Have any of you guys seen a similar issue to this:

After launching Haret.exe the following error is displayed, "Something used micropklt_lcd_ctrl. This function should no longer be used." This error is displayed repeatly until the device crashes.

If so, could you let me know if you found a work-around?

I've tried five different SD cards ranging from 2gb to 8gb. The only build I've been able to successfully launch was the one released on 1/25/09. Thanks again in advance for your help.

Other people were having that problem quite a bit a few weeks ago. I think it's been solved, but I don't know what the solution was. There was a great deal of discussion of it over at xda-developers... you might go slog through some posts there to figure it out.

kawaiius 03-08-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushco (Post 1615128)
Just remember that if this is your permanent OS that you will need to charge the phone 2-3 times a day until that is fixed.

yea..im still goona use WM for good now until the sound is workin then ill switch over...i love everything on it though...straight awesome

Mazzakre 03-08-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kawaiius (Post 1615109)

The led light is definitely supposed to stay on. Something about letting you know the status of the phone. I dont remember my hardware button lights staying on, Im streaming music on pandora through WM right now so I cant check. I dont think they did though. Maybe theres something in settings. The one thing I definitely like better in WM than Android is the settings menu. Android is very counter-intuitive to me. Maybe its just me.

On another note, just showed my coworker (who just got a Droid and think its the best phone yet only in competition with iPhone), my phone running both droid AND windows mobile. Needless to say Im the big man on campus today!

00_MACKIE_00 03-08-2010 01:41 PM

lol the droid people at my work are pissed off people hahahaha I whipped out my TP2 flashing droid. Pulled up our work website. BOOOOOOOO YAAAAAAA!!

the blackberry people still think they rule....lol homers

loader187 03-08-2010 01:42 PM

i was wondering. Is there something for the Google maps you have to do to get it working. It says it is not available when i try to click my location. how do you have it use the gps location like in windows.

loader187 03-08-2010 01:45 PM

I'm also wondering about the battery. someone said that his wifes hero dies fast. I don't think it is android that is draining the battery. My on-call phone for work is the Motorola Droid From Verizon and the battery lasts days. I think the battery not lasting long is just that HTC has crappy batteries(I love the phone). I could be wrong but its just my 2 cents.

TMartin 03-08-2010 01:48 PM

Thanks to the OP, Mr. Pippy, and everyone involved in the Android ports!!! This recent build is amazing!!! Very fast and a lot of things are working flawless.

One odd thing to me that just started happening is on intial startup it will stay in landscape until I finish setting up the device.

Calkulin 03-08-2010 01:48 PM

Just posted a stripped 40MB ROM to run android for those that were looking for one

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113402

And Mr. Pippy, nice build, so far I'm liking Android

fr0st 03-08-2010 01:50 PM

I'm sure if there was a way to turn the screen off instead of making it dim and black our batteries would last a lot longer..

mikezpc 03-08-2010 01:54 PM

downloaded Droid all in one build 3.8.10
keeps rebooting after i get to the home screen
lets see if 3rd time is a charm like it was for civics latest build lol
anyone else had that issue

info[]box1 03-08-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calkulin (Post 1615162)
Just posted a stripped 40MB ROM to run android for those that were looking for one

Ooh My Calkulin is involved now...!!! He made a ROM for us with Android in mind. This is getting crazy in a good way...WoOt...!!!

Thanks Calkulin....!!!

WythDryden 03-08-2010 01:57 PM

Great work, I've been following the posts here (and about the last 45 pages in the other thread), and just wanted to give some appreciation to the developer. All is working great, (on verizon). The only thing I've noticed is that the windows key doesn't work as a menu key or anything that I can tell for that matter, I had the same issue on the last build, so I'm not really concerned. I just haven't seen anyone else mention this and I was curious. Once the screen issues and sound get cleared up this is going to be an even better alternative to WM than I had imagined before. Great work guys!

jackreisinger1511 03-08-2010 02:02 PM

Duplicate Reply

crookdbill 03-08-2010 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikezpc (Post 1615168)
downloaded Droid all in one build 3.8.10
keeps rebooting after i get to the home screen
lets see if 3rd time is a charm like it was for civics latest build lol
anyone else had that issue

yeah it took me 4 tries... wouldn't let me boot into home plus also. It eventually takes. good luck.

A tip for faster reboots is to turn off sense in windows.

reekotubbs 03-08-2010 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweena1 (Post 1615107)
Verizon Works awesome.

Working:
Wifi
3G Data
Phone
email
marketplace
google maps
Carrier name correct
google voice

Still trying stuff!!! This is FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!

I can not get google voice to make outgoing calls. The calls terminates by its self before the call connects. Have you successfully made a call?

jackreisinger1511 03-08-2010 02:04 PM

Thanks makkonen, I checked the follow forum but couldn't find anything regarding the "micropklt_lcd_ctrl" error:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...616483&page=31

Could you let me know if I'm looking on the right forum?

Thanks again for the help.

LiquidX 03-08-2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fr0st (Post 1615165)
I'm sure if there was a way to turn the screen off instead of making it dim and black our batteries would last a lot longer..

A couple people have said that if you turn off auto dimming in winmo that it takes care of that.

TMartin 03-08-2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calkulin (Post 1615162)

+1....So if they perfect Android on the TP2, you still going to jump ship to the HD2??

00_MACKIE_00 03-08-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMartin (Post 1615161)
Thanks to the OP, Mr. Pippy, and everyone involved in the Android ports!!! This recent build is amazing!!! Very fast and a lot of things are working flawless.

One odd thing to me that just started happening is on intial startup it will stay in landscape until I finish setting up the device.

Mine starts in landscape too. I just slide the keyboard out and slide it back in. :headbang:

Mazzakre 03-08-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1615209)
Mine starts in landscape too. I just slide the keyboard out and slide it back in. :headbang:

+1 on that. sliding the keyboard works to get it oriented properly. What phone was this ported from? If its ported from, say, the droid eris that would explain why it might orient to landscape instead of initially recognizing the keyboard is in and putting it in portrait.

LiquidX 03-08-2010 02:16 PM

mind did the landscape thing, and I hit the windows key and it reoriented itself correctly

jackreisinger1511 03-08-2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makkonen (Post 1615133)
You want MORE attention? There's been like 30 or 40 pages across 2 threads since last night.

Yeah, gen.y dual boot needs to be updated to take account of the android->andboot change. If you want to use it at this point, you'll need to boot from the root of your sdcard.

Also, someone else said the andboot folder didn't work. That might be the case, if MrPippy didn't build the rootfs off a recent repository. I'd be surprised by this, though.

Other people were having that problem quite a bit a few weeks ago. I think it's been solved, but I don't know what the solution was. There was a great deal of discussion of it over at xda-developers... you might go slog through some posts there to figure it out.

Thanks makkonen, I checked the follow forum but couldn't find anything regarding the "micropklt_lcd_ctrl" error:

00_MACKIE_00 03-08-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidX (Post 1615232)
mind did the landscape thing, and I hit the windows key and it reoriented itself correctly

+1 this works too

2kmy477 03-08-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidX (Post 1615201)
A couple people have said that if you turn off auto dimming in winmo that it takes care of that.

I can confirm this method works fine for me.It lasted for me about 9 hours from a fully charged batt.

fr0st 03-08-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidX (Post 1615201)

Thanks Ill give it a try. I think I actually read that a while back juts forgot :)

*edit*

Yep this fixed the issue.

gmfeny 03-08-2010 02:22 PM

I got this running with gen.y dualBoot with Android in a Android folder on my sd card... You just need to put the system.sqsh file on the root of the sd card

Mazzakre 03-08-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackreisinger1511 (Post 1615235)

Try this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3264

Looks like hes saying try using an earlier rootfs file.

fr0st 03-08-2010 02:29 PM

Anyone else going app crazy? I've been hanging on the marketplace non stop. So many apps to try.

solarflarex 03-08-2010 02:32 PM

guess i quite dont understand what files we are supposed to get from that zimage site...

does the sim have to be out always when launching haret? or just the first run?

JDM_SOHC 03-08-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makkonen (Post 1615133)
You want MORE attention? There's been like 30 or 40 pages across 2 threads since last night

Yeah I do want MORE attention, gotta problem with that..!!

No but seriously, this isn't completed yet and what I was saying was ONCE it gets MORE completed that the herds are gonna come piling in...

Take MightyROM for example, first ROM for the TP2 dropped and was semi-buggy, after a few trial & errors, fix this fix that, ummm can we say over 1,000,000 views in a few short months... That's far more than a measly 30-40 pages that can't even attest to the true number of people trying this because about 68.325% of those 30-40 pages are people asking the same exact questions so really it's about 20.4975-27.33 pages of actual information of trial and errors being posted... And that's still with this being incomplete running as good as it does...!!!

So just imagine when this thread is titled "ANDROID/LINUX FOR CDMA TP2 FINAL VERSION" the #'s of threads/pages that well come from it..

And yeah, I did the math... =D>

fr0st 03-08-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solarflarex (Post 1615282)
guess i quite dont understand what files we are supposed to get from that zimage site...

does the sim have to be out always when launching haret? or just the first run?

I would just leave it out. Really no need if your not leaving the country. Look for a post from flyers. He made a packaged file with everything you need.

PropagandaX 03-08-2010 02:35 PM

Anybody willing to package up the current release into one file, like Civic did? I think that would eliminate a lot of the problems people are having. Then we can get back to fixing whats really broke. Just my 2 cents.

fr0st 03-08-2010 02:40 PM

Here is the pre packaged file that he posted. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...91#post1614791

LiquidX 03-08-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PropagandaX (Post 1615288)
Anybody willing to package up the current release into one file, like Civic did? I think that would eliminate a lot of the problems people are having. Then we can get back to fixing whats really broke. Just my 2 cents.

lol im gonna give you the benefit of a doubt that the post above yours wasnt there when you posted it. Flyers did exactly that I think its about page 8 or 9 his complete zip is in.

Edit: Frost got the link for ya, and I was off by one page, its page 7