PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113373)

JDM_SOHC 03-08-2010 06:12 PM

Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkycoins (Post 1615873)
Im wondering this also. Have you tried Microsoft Outlook? I would be using that but am on the trial version and it won't allow me to sync contacts.

Create a gmail account, sign into ur active sync on your phone and establish a new connection and blablabla directions are right here lol it'd take me 10 years to type it all...

skuddy 03-08-2010 06:12 PM

no seriously, how long should this take to boot.

SOHKis 03-08-2010 06:13 PM

upto 3-5 mins on initial boot reported by MANY in this thread

JDM_SOHC 03-08-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skuddy (Post 1615889)
no seriously, how long should this take to boot.

2-3 minutes...

skuddy 03-08-2010 06:14 PM

thank you. your my hero. i had been waiting about 25 minutes lol. i think i did something wrong. so im starting fresh.

madoc 03-08-2010 06:17 PM

:headbang:Google talk is also now working!:headbang:

Cicatrize 03-08-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 (Post 1615870)
Wanna kno something even crazier...!!

SO DO I..!!!!!! lmao, i live right across from the gym...

Nice friggin place. A little pricey, but probably the best in Boynton that I saw for the money. I miss Florida! :(

CaliBoyPhillip 03-08-2010 06:23 PM

I can't for the love of god get this to work... >.>.. I've tried the pre-packaged one. removed sim card, tried rebooting, have all files on sd card. run the exe, i do get an error that says " there are difference between boot sector and its back up, not automatically fixing this. " is that part of an error. any help lol! >.<!

cvasale 03-08-2010 06:29 PM

Still working on the contacts, but my computer doesn't recognize my phone through active sync while my phone is under Android. Anyone know the cause or a fix to this?

lipidfats 03-08-2010 06:34 PM

does anyone know if charging while in android works with this version?

vancchris 03-08-2010 06:35 PM

Is anyone able to get a facebook app to sync with this release? On the latest civic package, it was working and was an option.. any ideas?

sfxc13 03-08-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvasale (Post 1615923)
Still working on the contacts, but my computer doesn't recognize my phone through active sync while my phone is under Android. Anyone know the cause or a fix to this?

This is a known problem USB can only be used for charging (sort of -- see below)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lipidfats (Post 1615935)
does anyone know if charging while in android works with this version?

Charging sort of works. The problem is the phone thinks the battery is full, so it immediately stops charging.
For now I would do all charging in WinMo, with the phone off, or via a spare battery charger

wwjclemd 03-08-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvasale (Post 1615923)

Syny your phone with your computer while in windows mobile... then open your gmail account on the computer... click on contacts(left side of the screen)... Click on import(right side of the screen) then browse for the .csv file that outlook uses for your contacts... the .csv file should be in c://Users/"whoever"/contacts... This should store all your contacts into your gmail account :)

The next time you boot android, sync your phone with gmail and voila!!! you should have all your contacts.

Feel free to PM me with any questions and I will try to help :)

Eschelon 03-08-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 (Post 1615880)
You mean, Sound right..??

GPS is working for the lot of us...

That's not GPS.

It's a combination of aGPS programming, cell tower triangulation, and Google's wickedly evil wifi mapping database.

You ever see those Google cars driving around taking pictures for their 'street view' functionality in Google Maps?... Well those cars are also mapping all of the wifi signals they come across. That way, when Android picks up a wifi signal, it pings Google's wifi database to see where you are!! :shock:

Google scares the hell out of me sometimes

davidetkin511 03-08-2010 06:45 PM

this should be stickyed !!!!

00_MACKIE_00 03-08-2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eschelon (Post 1615956)
That's not GPS.

It's a combination of aGPS programming, cell tower triangulation, and Google's wickedly evil wifi mapping database.

You ever see those Google cars driving around taking pictures for their 'street view' functionality in Google Maps?... Well those cars are also mapping all of the wifi signals they come across. That way, when Android picks up a wifi signal, it pings Google's wifi database to see where you are!! :shock:

Google scares the hell out of me sometimes

With these superman powers, why even have GPS?

JDM_SOHC 03-08-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicatrize (Post 1615913)
Nice friggin place. A little pricey, but probably the best in Boynton that I saw for the money. I miss Florida! :(

Yeah dude it is pretty nice... We have a gate now too, they just put it up so we're officially a gated community now, makes me feel safe though i've already had one car stolen from here... But that we before I had an alarm and a garage lol, so I'm doing good so far this time around... And you're not lying about the price, there's places not even as nice for like almost 2x the money... ](*,) I guess since the multi-million dollar mansions are only 2 miles away they try to shimmy that in there with the sales scheme when it comes time to get a place around here lol...

sfxc13 03-08-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reekotubbs (Post 1615583)
Go to settings, turn on wireless even if you don't have wifi, then toggle the location settings for the first two options. That's what got it for me. Toggle them off then on.

+1 for this working

Eschelon 03-08-2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidetkin511 (Post 1615958)
this should be stickyed !!!!

It will be soon, as was done with the last two Android threads

In the mean time, you can sticky it yourself by going to the top of this page, then right under the page numbers click 'Thread Tools' then select 'Stick the thread to the top'

00_MACKIE_00 03-08-2010 07:07 PM

Hey errrrbody', go vote for getting our own sub forum for Android in the TP2 section:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113415

If anyone has an idea on how to get this done, PM ME! If you know a moderator, send them a message too!! This is becoming cluttered!

johnpro112 03-08-2010 07:11 PM

Hey guy's my market place is working somewhat but whenever i choose to download something it just stay stuck on saying "starting download..." does any know how to fix or any ideas? i have 3g on and wifi is on but the sim card is in the phone... I might try with the sim card out and see if that fixes anything

sjs01 03-08-2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnpro112 (Post 1615999)
Hey guy's my market place is working somewhat but whenever i choose to download something it just stay stuck on saying "starting download..." does any know how to fix or any ideas? i have 3g on and wifi is on

I think I read that someone had the same problem and they rebooted the phone then booted android back up and it worked. I'm not sure, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Biggzz 03-08-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwjclemd (Post 1615948)
Syny your phone with your computer while in windows mobile... then open your gmail account on the computer... click on contacts(left side of the screen)... Click on import(right side of the screen) then browse for the .csv file that outlook uses for your contacts... the .csv file should be in c://Users/"whoever"/contacts... This should store all your contacts into your gmail account :)

The next time you boot android, sync your phone with gmail and voila!!! you should have all your contacts.

Feel free to PM me with any questions and I will try to help :)

Thats great...I am trying to sync my calendar from Microsoft Exchange, any help there? All my contacts synced but not my appointments.

skuddy 03-08-2010 07:19 PM

okay ive attempted about 5 times to boot this. and waiting a minimum of 15 minutes for the boot sequence and have yet to get it to work. does anyone have a detailed guide on how to make it work. *sadface*

JustusIV 03-08-2010 07:20 PM

Is there a prebuilt 3-7-10? Directions seem easy enough, but if someone has put it into a nice package allready, yeah yeah i am lazy.

I appreciate civ and pips work, and i feel my first donation coming on :)

johnpro112 03-08-2010 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjs01 (Post 1616005)
I think I read that someone had the same problem and they rebooted the phone then booted android back up and it worked. I'm not sure, but it doesn't hurt to try.

thanks
I rebooted without my sim card and it work but I had to cancel my downloads for them to start downloading. Idk if simcard was an issue or was it just a mishap that my market wasn't working with the sim card in.

sfxc13 03-08-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggzz (Post 1616016)
Thats great...I am trying to sync my calendar from Microsoft Exchange, any help there? All my contacts synced but not my appointments.

exchange appointments don't sync. If you want your exchange appts you will need to sync them with google

Quote:

Originally Posted by skuddy (Post 1616017)
okay ive attempted about 5 times to boot this. and waiting a minimum of 15 minutes for the boot sequence and have yet to get it to work. does anyone have a detailed guide on how to make it work. *sadface*

remove sim, make sure your sd card is big enough (I would say at least 2gbs). Also class 4 or higher is recommended but may not be necessary.

Start with a clean card and try again. Where is it freezing? Is the card partitioned?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustusIV (Post 1616019)
Is there a prebuilt 3-7-10? Directions seem easy enough, but if someone has put it into a nice package allready, yeah yeah i am lazy.

I appreciate civ and pips work, and i feel my first donation coming on :)

There is one somewhere in this thread ...

flyers2114 03-08-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlaDarla (Post 1615774)

Flyers, thanks for the all in one zip, I can't find the actual post so post again so I can thank you :p

Good idea on the re-post...this is getting overloaded quick....I also am going to PM Mr. Pippy so that maube we can get up in the first post for everyone.....

For those that do not know this is an all in one zip....no need to do anything but unzip and drop alll the files in the root of the SDcard.....

Here is the original post by me.....

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=69

skuddy 03-08-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfxc13 (Post 1616024)
remove sim, make sure your sd card is big enough (I would say at least 2gbs). Also class 4 or higher is recommended but may not be necessary.

okay, no sim card so check on that one. 4gb card, dont know about the class. trying the repost of the zip.

milkycoins 03-08-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skuddy (Post 1616017)

I had this same problem when I first tried and the boot screen kept looping over and over again. It turned out that i didnt have enough room on my storage card for the Android files. Try deleting a few of the larger files that may already be on there.

Also, did you extract the files to the root of your SD Card, or is your Sim in? Just checking

Mazzakre 03-08-2010 07:26 PM

Im getting an unable to connect to wi-fi message. Anyone know why?

skuddy 03-08-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkycoins (Post 1616029)
I had this same problem when I first tried and the boot screen kept looping over and over again. It turned out that i didnt have enough room on my storage card for the Android files. Try deleting a few of the larger files that may already be on there.

Also, did you extract the files to the root of your SD Card, or is your Sim in? Just checking

formatted the sd card after pulling all my winmo files off of it and backing them up. followed the instructions on the first post to a T.

sfxc13 03-08-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazzakre (Post 1616031)
Im getting an unable to connect to wi-fi message. Anyone know why?

Without more info no, but android doesn't play nice with wep.

So wpa, wpa2, etc. is the way to go

Mazzakre 03-08-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfxc13 (Post 1616036)
Without more info no, but android doesn't play nice with wep.

So wpa, wpa2, etc. is the way to go

Its not a router issue. When I go to settings, wifi, it just says unable to connect to wifi. Doesnt attempt to do anything.

sfxc13 03-08-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazzakre (Post 1616047)
Its not a router issue. When I go to settings, wifi, it just says unable to connect to wifi. Doesnt attempt to do anything.

1) reboot
2) if reboot doesn't work, hard reset android
3) if that doesn't work delete all android files and try again

sweena1 03-08-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loader187 (Post 1615086)
Sweena1 - Sorry I updated. I am using a touch pro 2 thanks for noticing. Everything is working great. I even synced up my work (exchange) email and that works great. The only thing that has not worked yet is Google maps but maybe it will after i reboot. I also downloaded from Market place fine. List below that tested and works.

Data (Browsing) - works no issues
SMS - Works no issues
Voice - Works no issues
Gmail - works no issues
Exchange for work - Works no issues
Vibrate - works no issues.

Anything else??

Thanks Loader. Google Maps worked for me at first (within 70 meters like others) but now it can't locate. hmmm...I noticed that you may need to have wifi enabled to make it work. This was updated in post #3 or so.

milkycoins 03-08-2010 07:52 PM

Finally got my contacts syncd up. 2 questions

If i wanted to start using this after a full charge, how much battery life will i get out of this?

Also, I read that most of the dual boots do not seem to be working with this build? Is this true and are there any that may potentially work? If so do you just install the file on the sd card?

dfgas 03-08-2010 07:52 PM

please someone figure out the data on USCC. if that works then all we need is ringer and we are set, other stuff is nice but ringer is most important and data service on uscc
someone has gotten it to work for like 5 seconds
it seeems like it will work for 5 seconds then die off and i have gotten it to do this a few times, however its not good enough to actually use.

i will gladly beta test anything that needs to be tested for USCC

JDM_SOHC 03-08-2010 07:58 PM

I hope in the near future we develop some sort of "My Mobiler" for this to be able to post our Android screen shots =)

00_MACKIE_00 03-08-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 (Post 1616095)
I hope in the near future we develop some sort of "My Mobiler" for this to be able to post our Android screen shots =)

go buy a camera bro haha