PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackorchid99 View Post
Thanks for all your hard work. All works great. But My Rhod 400 ( us cellular) reboots after making a Phone call or receiving a call..
Uh... ok. Reboots to WinMo? I don't know what I can do for you there. Something is very wrong - do you have a mix of some old build and some new or something? Make sure you start clean just with the bundle in the first post, don't mix and match. Delete your data.img, see if a new one makes any difference... I haven't heard of this in ages. Perhaps USSC just isn't compatible with our port? *shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusman View Post
Now - I am trying to boot into Android - it says "HARET is not a valid Pocket PC application".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagmax View Post
Sounds like the crash corrupted your SD card. Time to reformat and start fresh. Some recommed you use HP Tool to format the card instead of Windows.
This would be one thing to try. You don't necessairly have to start fresh either - you can backup all your data and wipe the SD using the HP Tool (full format, FAT32) and then restore all your data to the card.

janusman, your issue sounds like a WinMo problem... Not sure, I've never had that happen personally.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 (RHOD 500)
Carrier: Verizon

janusman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I did try to format the SD Card with HP Tool and restore the data.

Still getting same error.

I think I agree with arrrghhh - its with WinMo. I will try to start fresh by getting some latest ROM and then from go from there.. Lets see what happens.

Thanks.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

dealpapa is becoming a great contributor

Google says Android 4.0 source code to be available "soon"
Old 10-20-2011, 07:41 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paran0idAndr0id View Post
Tethering works in Windows 7, Portable Wifi Hotspot worked pretty good for me, even when connecting more than one device, but I'm in a location that gets 2.75 Mbps dl.

Turning off Portable Wifi Hotspot....that's a different story. Freezes the OS every time and requires a reboot.

Battery life is still the main issue for me as far as making this my main OS on the tp2. I've disabled all widgets except the power toggle, v6 supercharger-256hp aggressive-hard to kill oom, no bloat app/task killers/memory managers, gps & wifi/cell network turned off. With all these settings disabled I got a max of 12 hours battery life, but that was rarely using the phone and 2 call at 20 minutes, no txt, 5 min of internet browsing.

I'll be back and forth between WinMo 6.5 (sprint stock rom) and frx071 depending on what I need. I have to admit, Sprint's stock rom of WinMo 6.5 does fairly well on battery life (about 2-3 days between charge) and using it regularly w/ text, internet, games, weather, bluetooth standby, but I know this is comparing apples to oranges.
you got two to three days between charges on stock ROM ? impossible . you must not use your phone much . stock ROM lasted me half a day ! all I did was text and browse the web during my lunch break . almost got rid of the phone because of it .
Old 10-20-2011, 11:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 (TP2)

Paran0idAndr0id is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
you got two to three days between charges on stock ROM ? impossible . you must not use your phone much . stock ROM lasted me half a day ! all I did was text and browse the web during my lunch break . almost got rid of the phone because of it .

You only got half a day on WinMo? Then, how do you manage on android? Did you use Sprint's stock rom WinMo 6.5? I'm also in a location that gets a great signal so it stays on the "EVDO" network the whole time. Rarely does it switch back and forth from 1x or roaming to EVDO.

I don't spend hours talking on the phone, but I do use it regularly, including talk, text, gmail (pushes every 30 min), exchange email push, weather, location, gps are all enabled in HTC sense. OC to 768mhz, all sounds turned off (vibrate), sktools memory manager/cleaner. Using the exact same hardware I maxed at 12 hours on frx071.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mobile
Carrier: us cellular

blackorchid99 is a n00b

thanks arrrgh I started fresh and looks like that problem is solved. One more thing , I was trying to use an application Viber and it had some issues.. has anyone used Viber free call
& message service on RHOD 400

Thanks agin for all your hard work guys Cheers
Old 10-21-2011, 01:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

a quick question but do you know of a swype version that runs smoothly on android port?

I have one that works, its an older version though but it lags when it is swyping/typing... not sure if its because it is old and not optimized yet, or if it is because of the android port making it slower (Because swype in WM works fairly smooth)

I can post the apk if it isnt against rules so you can try it :S
Old 10-21-2011, 01:34 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
a quick question but do you know of a swype version that runs smoothly on android port?

I have one that works, its an older version though but it lags when it is swyping/typing... not sure if its because it is old and not optimized yet, or if it is because of the android port making it slower (Because swype in WM works fairly smooth)

I can post the apk if it isnt against rules so you can try it :S
Isn't that why we have RHOD's, for the physical keyboard? .

Never tried Swype myself... at least not on the TP2. I think there's a beta, I guess I can check it out. If it's just laggy, not sure what can be done other than the usual - insanely aggressive memory management .
Old 10-21-2011, 10:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 (RHOD 500)
Carrier: Verizon

janusman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Uh... ok. Reboots to WinMo? I don't know what I can do for you there. Something is very wrong - do you have a mix of some old build and some new or something? Make sure you start clean just with the bundle in the first post, don't mix and match. Delete your data.img, see if a new one makes any difference... I haven't heard of this in ages. Perhaps USSC just isn't compatible with our port? *shrug*

This would be one thing to try. You don't necessairly have to start fresh either - you can backup all your data and wipe the SD using the HP Tool (full format, FAT32) and then restore all your data to the card.

janusman, your issue sounds like a WinMo problem... Not sure, I've never had that happen personally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janusman View Post
I did try to format the SD Card with HP Tool and restore the data.

Still getting same error.

I think I agree with arrrghhh - its with WinMo. I will try to start fresh by getting some latest ROM and then from go from there.. Lets see what happens.

Thanks.
Well..

Tried Formatting with HPTool - same result..

Even tried flashing a fresh ENERGY rom - same result..

Duh.. Stupid thing I did - I replaced all the contents from a back up of the corrupted SD card adn kept trying - which resulted in same result..

Started fresh - copied the files from different source - viola.. it worked...

All I should have done s - replaced Haret.exe with a fresh version (not the one backed up from SD card)..
Old 10-21-2011, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor

I didn't see any comments about the new kernel. I just tried the kernel htc-msm-linux @ 20111017_080427, and there is quite a bit of improvement in the audio department. The in call volume works, and the speaker phone has no static. I highly suggest giving it a try.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development