PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 09:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 04-06: FRX06 on NAND (Testing FRX06 now!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
I am CDMA user , same problem.
you calling my video a lie ?

Ok if it doesnt work for you then just get into fastboot mode and re flash the recovery.img. THen try again.

Once recovery is in there, i just hold down the button and boom i'm in. im on a rhod 400

Edit: forgot to mention the last kernel has OC support via set cpu or any other cpu crap u find in the market. Its not perfect nor do i even feel a difference so testing needs to be done there
Old 05-19-2011, 10:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2
Carrier: vodafone

crosstunez is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I just boot into recovery(after to many times), and i install the updates. But now it wont boot again
testing....
Old 05-19-2011, 11:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
you calling my video a lie ?

Ok if it doesnt work for you then just get into fastboot mode and re flash the recovery.img. THen try again.

Once recovery is in there, i just hold down the button and boom i'm in. im on a rhod 400

Edit: forgot to mention the last kernel has OC support via set cpu or any other cpu crap u find in the market. Its not perfect nor do i even feel a difference so testing needs to be done there
I try again, unfortunately, fail again. Can you check file with me?
RHODIMG.NBH md5:B93C8791429BEFFBDB557016EDBE3170
Old 05-19-2011, 12:38 PM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

If you have issues, try the non recovery version. Then fastboot the recovery img and reboot.

You need to be able to get into fastboot to upload the recovery. USB must be plugged in when you boot so LK can use it.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2
Carrier: vodafone

crosstunez is a n00b

Tried both, but no luck
And now the fun is over for a while. Battery dead..
Old 05-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosstunez View Post
Tried both, but no luck
Heh, I always try to have an AC charger handy so when I'm not doing anything with the phone, I throw it on the charger - I really don't want the battery dying in recovery .

(Although I think that bug was fixed...?)
Old 05-19-2011, 06:06 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosstunez View Post
Tried both, but no luck

need more details bro.. were u at least able to get into fastboot? did you flash the recovery ?
Old 05-19-2011, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
If you have issues, try the non recovery version. Then fastboot the recovery img and reboot.

You need to be able to get into fastboot to upload the recovery. USB must be plugged in when you boot so LK can use it.
I did this, same problem. fastboot work normally.

I also try to flash this, can go to recovery, but can't do any menu action, maybe some of your environment is different with us.

Last edited by muziling; 05-19-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:36 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
I did this, same problem. fastboot work normally.

I also try to flash this, can go to recovery, but can't do any menu action, maybe some of your environment is different with us.
you mean it just freezez ? you cant select anything ? hmm..

unless there is different versions of rhod400.. i dunno what it could be. i'll redo everything from scratch again.

edit: ok did everything from scrath. works flawlessly. i was even able to restore my backup and not lose anything.

This is what im typing on fastboot fyi

Code:
root@abel-desktop:/media/FS2/xdandroid/nand# ./fastboot flash recovery recovery.img 
sending 'recovery' (4178 KB)... OKAY
writing 'recovery'... OKAY
root@abel-desktop:/media/FS2/xdandroid/nand# ./fastboot reboot
rebooting...
Once it reboots im able to get to recovery and apply the updates.

Last edited by [ACL]; 05-20-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
you mean it just freezez ? you cant select anything ? hmm..

unless there is different versions of rhod400.. i dunno what it could be. i'll redo everything from scratch again.

edit: ok did everything from scrath. works flawlessly. i was even able to restore my backup and not lose anything.

This is what im typing on fastboot fyi

Code:
root@abel-desktop:/media/FS2/xdandroid/nand# ./fastboot flash recovery recovery.img 
sending 'recovery' (4178 KB)... OKAY
writing 'recovery'... OKAY
root@abel-desktop:/media/FS2/xdandroid/nand# ./fastboot reboot
rebooting...
Once it reboots im able to get to recovery and apply the updates.
No, not freeze, can not enter second level menu, first level menu can not execute too, your recovery.img file is 4178 KB? me is 4032KB, OK, you update the file on server ,I do test again now.
Can you give me your nbh file's md5sum?

Edit: Now boot into recovery, but there is error message, "E:Bad boot message", can not do any menu operation.
Edit2: OK now, need to use end call button to enter menu, not power button. now I boot into android. Doing test now.

Last edited by muziling; 05-20-2011 at 02:00 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development