PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond Touch
Carrier: Sprint

killeronly001 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is there a program I can download to back up my contacts?

I used to have the HTC Diamond Touch, I had Microsoft My phone installed in my phone. Whenever I touched it, it would back up all of the information including my contacts, calender, text messages, and my pictures into my account.

I just got the HTC Evo, and I can't download Microsoft My phone, I can't transfer my contacts on there into my new phone, I have to put them manually. I am just wondering isn't there anyway I can back up my contacts to an e-mail account or somewhere without having to connect my phone to the computer? I want something like Yahoo To Go, where I can just hit one button on my phone, and I sync all of my information.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:12 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: Is there a program I can download to back up my contacts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killeronly001 View Post
I used to have the HTC Diamond Touch, I had Microsoft My phone installed in my phone. Whenever I touched it, it would back up all of the information including my contacts, calender, text messages, and my pictures into my account.

I just got the HTC Evo, and I can't download Microsoft My phone, I can't transfer my contacts on there into my new phone, I have to put them manually. I am just wondering isn't there anyway I can back up my contacts to an e-mail account or somewhere without having to connect my phone to the computer? I want something like Yahoo To Go, where I can just hit one button on my phone, and I sync all of my information.

Thanks in advance.
If you still have the Diamond, you can set up a Google sync account on it, so that it will upload/sync your contacts to your Google account, then your EVO will download/sync them automatically.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond Touch
Threadstarter

killeronly001 is a n00b

I don't have service in my Diamond, so I don't think i can do that anymore. I tried to install google sync into my HTC Evo, but it didn't work for me. Is there a good app for syncing and backing up everything? or a good program i can download?
Old 07-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Are your contacts on your gmail account? if so they will sync automatically along with calender. If they are not on your gmail account use a csv file from outlook and upload them there. Once you set up your phone with your gmail account everything will sync.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3deezy!!
Carrier: blah! sprint :/

1uk3 is becoming a great contributor

open dial pad, hit menu, people, import/export, export to SD card. once youre done flashing or whatever you repeat but enter import from SD instead of export and your done. you can export either your phone contacts or your google contacts this way. hope it helps
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1uk3 View Post
open dial pad, hit menu, people, import/export, export to SD card. once youre done flashing or whatever you repeat but enter import from SD instead of export and your done. you can export either your phone contacts or your google contacts this way. hope it helps
In the future save your contacts as google contacts an your phone saves them to Google automatically. You can view them online in your gmail account that u set up when u set up the phone. The phone also automatically saves your calendar. Welcome to Android buddy and learn to love your google overlords
Old 07-24-2010, 09:56 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
I don't have service in my Diamond, so I don't think i can do that anymore. I tried to install google sync into my HTC Evo, but it didn't work for me. Is there a good app for syncing and backing up everything? or a good program i can download?
You can use wifi to do this

You can also use PIMbackup to export the contacts from your Diamond, then import them into your google account via gmail on a computer. Then your phone should sync with it afterward.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
In the future save your contacts as google contacts an your phone saves them to Google automatically. You can view them online in your gmail account that u set up when u set up the phone. The phone also automatically saves your calendar. Welcome to Android buddy and learn to love your google overlords
I think I accidentally saved a few new contacts, in the early days of the Evo/Android, as Phone Contacts. How can I figure out which ones are, and switch them over? I have over 900 contacts, so it can't be a process of going through one-by-one
Old 07-24-2010, 06:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
The easiest way is described here (link below). It worked great for me. I did it before I turned off service, but you should be able to do it with wifi (I think). The description and photos look more like the came from a Mogul, so you need to have a little tech savvy to interpret it for a Sense phone, but it's pretty easy. After I did this, and then turned on the Evo's service and signed it into my Gmail account, it was all automatic. I've never seen anything easier, even going from WM phone to WM phone involved more steps sometimes. Going from Android to Android will be the easiest thing ever, contact-wise.

http://www.google.com/support/mobile...36&topic=14299

Last edited by TheBundo; 07-24-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Could have just taken your old phone and the Evo to a Sprint store and had them do the phonebook transfer...either way both work..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games