View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 06:16 PM
TheBundo
VIP Member

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is there a program I can download to back up my contacts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killeronly001 View Post
I used to have the HTC Diamond Touch, I had Microsoft My phone installed in my phone. Whenever I touched it, it would back up all of the information including my contacts, calender, text messages, and my pictures into my account.

I just got the HTC Evo, and I can't download Microsoft My phone, I can't transfer my contacts on there into my new phone, I have to put them manually. I am just wondering isn't there anyway I can back up my contacts to an e-mail account or somewhere without having to connect my phone to the computer? I want something like Yahoo To Go, where I can just hit one button on my phone, and I sync all of my information.

Thanks in advance.
The easiest way is described here (link below). It worked great for me. I did it before I turned off service, but you should be able to do it with wifi (I think). The description and photos look more like the came from a Mogul, so you need to have a little tech savvy to interpret it for a Sense phone, but it's pretty easy. After I did this, and then turned on the Evo's service and signed it into my Gmail account, it was all automatic. I've never seen anything easier, even going from WM phone to WM phone involved more steps sometimes. Going from Android to Android will be the easiest thing ever, contact-wise.

http://www.google.com/support/mobile...36&topic=14299

Last edited by TheBundo; 07-24-2010 at 06:19 PM.