PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you having trouble staying in 3G? Is your VZW TP2 getting stuck in 1X mode?
Yes, I'm getting stuck in 1X AND I used to have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 16 7.27%
Yes, I'm getting stuck in 1X but I did NOT have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 117 53.18%
No, no problems here AND I used to have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 7 3.18%
No, no problems here and I never had a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 80 36.36%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

rp4643 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Are you having trouble staying in 3G (getting stuck in 1X), VZW TP2 folks?

My trouble ticket (3283730) with Verizon has been answered...Sort of,,They now say its the towers in my area...Which makes no sence..I'm getting stuck in 1X not losing signal completely and it happens every where. God Im willing getting sick of it... Anyone have a BB storm 2 they want to trade me.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp4643 View Post
My trouble ticket (3283730) with Verizon has been answered...Sort of,,They now say its the towers in my area...Which makes no sence..I'm getting stuck in 1X not losing signal completely and it happens every where. God Im willing getting sick of it... Anyone have a BB storm 2 they want to trade me.

That might actually be the case, I know I didn't have any 3G/1X problems with my TP1 or any other 3G phone I've used in my home area, just my TP2. However, I just moved from NM to OR and haven't had one instance of it dropping into 1X (other than sending an SMS or phone call of course) and it getting stuck in it. I highly doubted that as an issue before I moved, I figured they were just at a loss as to what was going on but now I'm beginning to think they might have been right.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gbruyn is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp4643 View Post
That's bull. On the ticket that I opened up, they said the same thing. We all know it's BS and they do too. It never happened with a previous phone being used in the same location. I also told them that this has happened in VARIOUS locations including being right next to a tower.

If you haven't already please send Kevin a detailed email regarding your problem, the ticket # and their response. Kevin's contact information is on post #1.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2

rp4643 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
That might actually be the case, I know I didn't have any 3G/1X problems with my TP1 or any other 3G phone I've used in my home area, just my TP2. However, I just moved from NM to OR and haven't had one instance of it dropping into 1X (other than sending an SMS or phone call of course) and it getting stuck in it. I highly doubted that as an issue before I moved, I figured they were just at a loss as to what was going on but now I'm beginning to think they might have been right.

True maybe it has to do with the signal strength in Or vs New Mexico and that the radio in the device needs a certain frequency level to stay in 3G?...I don't know what is going on.....I just want a phone that operates in 3G like its suppose to. As a consumer shouldn't I get what I'm paying for. My Blackberry I use for work has no issues....
Old 11-17-2009, 02:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Ambrowill is becoming a great contributor

How do we put the pressure on Verizon to take care of this issue? It is taking the fun out of flashing and adding new programs because it has become on-off 3G toggle with soft reset. Sometimes the toggle back to 3G is once and at other times it requires multiple attempts. This is just not ok.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

Well spoke too soon for me. Seems like it has been a bit better, but it got stuck again overnight. I waited til I got to work because my office is 150 yards from a VZW tower and I have 4 full bars of glorious 1X when I got there. Single soft-reset did fix it this time but still
Old 11-17-2009, 11:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

gbruyn is becoming a great contributor

Yeah.. it's been acting up a bit for me the past 2 days... Oh well. Keep the pressure on. If anyone HASN'T EMAILED Kevin, please do so.. his info is in post #1. I will call him this week to see what progress has been made with this issue.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Ultra bad the last two days now, hardly been in EV at all. Now I'm at work, right next to the tower, and I have zero bars and 1X. Just ran mobilespeedtest.com and got 104kbps and I'm virtually on top of the tower
Old 11-18-2009, 10:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

NotATreoFan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNotATreoFan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNotATreoFan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to NotATreoFan

My replacement TP2, which has been good for over a month, is suddenly falling back into 1x.

I can pretty much tell when it is going to happen, because Opera will seem to pause for a few seconds while loading a page, and then the good ol' 1x icon shows up. A soft reset fixes it 80% of the time, but I've also had to *22890/91 it a few times.

TP2 CDMA ROMs: WM 6.5
TP GSM ROMs: WM 6.1 / WM6.5

Moderator at XDA-Developers

never required, but always appreciated.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotATreoFan View Post
My replacement TP2, which has been good for over a month, is suddenly falling back into 1x.

I can pretty much tell when it is going to happen, because Opera will seem to pause for a few seconds while loading a page, and then the good ol' 1x icon shows up. A soft reset fixes it 80% of the time, but I've also had to *22890/91 it a few times.
Is 90/91 just a shortcut to Option 1 Option 2?

Also I sent a very detailed email to Kevin this morning. Hope to hear back from him.

Last edited by janko10; 11-18-2009 at 11:49 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2