PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you having trouble staying in 3G? Is your VZW TP2 getting stuck in 1X mode?
Yes, I'm getting stuck in 1X AND I used to have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 16 7.27%
Yes, I'm getting stuck in 1X but I did NOT have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 117 53.18%
No, no problems here AND I used to have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 7 3.18%
No, no problems here and I never had a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 80 36.36%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 12:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

firechicken1970 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Are you having trouble staying in 3G (getting stuck in 1X), VZW TP2 folks?

I saw the settings tweak in in post #174 and this is probably a very noobie question but what does tweaking the wifi adapter have to to do with your 3g connection? I can get evdo with my wifi off and it seems all those settings have to do with connecting to a wifi network not the 3G network? Can someone please clarify?
Old 10-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

slumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thanks, will try this out
Old 10-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp4643 View Post
I did the hack that #174 talks about,,,Im back to stuck 1X again. Hell, I dont know what to do. How many times can you return a phone to Verizon for a diff phone within 30days. I turned in my TP2 to get this one and Im coming close to 30 days ? If Crack Berry Storm 2 comes out before the 30 I may go with it if I can do another exchange.

You can do it as often as you want. I've been putting notes in the return boxes with specific details about this issue. It seems like 3rd time is a charm in my case. The one I have now has been good since I've gotten it *crosses fingers*.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

BeefJerky is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (XV6875 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefJerky
Well, I experienced this for the first time last night, and it does seem to be related to certain areas. I was at a place last night that had a strong 3G signal, but yet it kept dropping down to 1x when I would try to use the data. Once it was in 1x, it would stay there until I did a soft reset with psShutXP.

Funny thing is, at my house I have a weak signal, but yet it always seems to stay in 3G.
Well, I guess I spoke too soon. I recently did a hard reset, and now sometimes my TP2 drops down to 1x at home too. Thankfully a soft reset has always brought it back, which seems to be better than some others experiences.

I sure hope we can figure out a solution, as this is incredibly irritating. I'm also past my 30 days, so I can't get a different phone.

Also, to anyone who received a replacement phone that fixed the problem, could you please check your hardware, radio and ROM versions? I'm curious if any are different or newer. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by BeefJerky; 10-22-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefJerky View Post
Wirelessly posted (XV6875 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Well, I guess I spoke too soon. I recently did a hard reset, and now sometimes my TP2 drops down to 1x at home too. Thankfully a soft reset has always brought it back, which seems to be better than some others experiences.

I sure hope we can figure out a solution, as this is incredibly irritating. I'm also past my 30 days, so I can't get a different phone.

Also, to anyone who received a replacement phone that fixed the problem, could you please check your hardware, radio and ROM versions? I'm curious if any are different or newer. Thanks in advance!
I doubt they're newer but they could be.

I'm still having the issue as always. My phone has been perfect otherwise so I'm hesistant to try my luck with a refurb.

I was actually able to get it in a constantly switching mode the other night. It would rotate from 1X to 3G and back to 1X every 60 seconds. It would be in 1X, show full bars, no bars, full bars, no bars, etc, switch to 3G, full bars, no bars, full bars, no bars, switch back to 1X, rinse and repeat every 60 seconds or so. Amazing. First time I've seen that and I don't think I was doing anything different at the time.

I wanted to make a youtube video of it and send the link to VZW but I didn't have a camera to record it lol.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

jeverley is a n00b

Same problem here. Verizon touch pro 2. back and forth 1x and 3g
Old 10-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

In my opinion, if your device does this, there is no fix or hack that is going to make it better. You need to keep exchanging it until you get one that doesn't do this.

Also, switching back and forth between 1x and 3G from time to time is normal. It's when it switches to 1x and stays there, when you know damn well there's 3G coverage, is when there is a problem. I think anyone posting to this thread realizes that, but I just want to be sure. I actually gave one of the tier 2 techs the link to this thread a while back (he asked for it) and supposedly they are monitoring it.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
In my opinion, if your device does this, there is no fix or hack that is going to make it better. You need to keep exchanging it until you get one that doesn't do this.

Also, switching back and forth between 1x and 3G from time to time is normal. It's when it switches to 1x and stays there, when you know damn well there's 3G coverage, is when there is a problem. I think anyone posting to this thread realizes that, but I just want to be sure. I actually gave one of the tier 2 techs the link to this thread a while back (he asked for it) and supposedly they are monitoring it.
Guess I shouldn't have mentioned the hacked Sprint TP1's then lol.

I'm gonna hold out until the unlocker. If after radio swaps and rom upgrades it doesn't improve then I'll probably ask for a replacement.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:29 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko10 View Post
Guess I shouldn't have mentioned the hacked Sprint TP1's then lol.
Yeah I was nervous when he asked me what the forum was, but oh well, at the time we did it, there wasn't any rules or mechanisms in place within Verizon to prevent us from doing it. And the poll results clearly show that the fact we had Sprint Touch Pro's on our account previously has nothing to do with this issue.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

gbruyn is becoming a great contributor

I'm an airline pilot and I travel alot. It seems to only happen to me in my home area of Atlanta GA. Outside of there, it never has gotten "stuck" in 1X. I'm obviously home more than I'm away so maybe it's just a coincidence. Verizon just shipped me a new phone, so hopefully that will fix it. Has anyone had any luck at all with a replacement new phone?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2