PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you having trouble staying in 3G? Is your VZW TP2 getting stuck in 1X mode?
Yes, I'm getting stuck in 1X AND I used to have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 16 7.27%
Yes, I'm getting stuck in 1X but I did NOT have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 117 53.18%
No, no problems here AND I used to have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 7 3.18%
No, no problems here and I never had a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 80 36.36%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

rp4643 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Are you having trouble staying in 3G (getting stuck in 1X), VZW TP2 folks?

I have a ticket open as well. I called Saturday and still haven't heard back. My ticket number is NRB0000003189518 , Get this, I gave been on travel in San Antonio TX, I live in New Mexcio...Since I have been here, NO 1X sticking. In New Mexico I would go into 1X come back out to 3G and then back to 1X and stick. I have another phone(blackberry) and its was always at EVDO. Data transfer rate is always great!!

Ill keep you all posted,,,also, they suggested not touching the Rom's and only doing what they ask us to do.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

dshay is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
It sounds like they had you change your SID from once in Michigan to one in Ohio. Do you have a Michigan # but reside in Ohio? I have a similar situation on my phone where my SID matches where my phone # came from but I actually reside in a completely different state.

BTW: If what they said about there only being 1 other trouble ticket opened about this is true, that ticket would have to be mine, because I definitely opened one.
Don't know where Michigan would have come from. Reside in Ohio, travel to Memphis, TN quite a bit. Sounds like she may have been reading your ticket wish some of the detail around the ANA/AA authentication stuff, which she wasn't sure what it meant either but she was reading it.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

dshay is a n00b

Is there some kind of a pattern forming here where we all are using our phones in different areas than our "home" or normal areas at least for some period of time?

Anyone else with the problem in a similar condition?
Old 09-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshay View Post
Don't know where Michigan would have come from. Reside in Ohio, travel to Memphis, TN quite a bit. Sounds like she may have been reading your ticket wish some of the detail around the ANA/AA authentication stuff, which she wasn't sure what it meant either but she was reading it.
Haha that's kind of funny if she was looking at mine. I still haven't heard from them & I opened it on the 18th. The problem happened to me as recently as yesterday, but I've been in 3G ever since I reprogrammed again. I was basing those SID's off of this list:

http://www.roamingzone.com/sid/sid1.shtml

In my EPST settings, my SID is set to 40 (San Francisco), which happens to be where the area code of my phone # is from. However, I'm in Seattle, so it would be interesting to see what changing it to 6 (Seattle) would do.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

How do you tell where phone is from? I'm live in New Mexico, this cannot haave anything to do with area code.

8notime...How did they have you check your sid? Ill try that and report back to you all when I get back home from my trip...

Thanks
Old 09-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp4643 View Post
How do you tell where phone is from? I'm live in New Mexico, this cannot haave anything to do with area code.

8notime...How did they have you check your sid? Ill try that and report back to you all when I get back home from my trip...

Thanks
You can see your SID by doing this:

1.) dial ##778 and hit talk
2.) click view (no need to edit here)
3.) click the view soft key
4.) select Home SID/Home NID
5.) the first value is your SID. SID is short for Switch Identifier. Every geographic region has a SID and this is the one your phone sees as your home location.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well I checked mine...its 110 which is Albuqurque...so that looks fine.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshay View Post
Is there some kind of a pattern forming here where we all are using our phones in different areas than our "home" or normal areas at least for some period of time?

Anyone else with the problem in a similar condition?

No, I've been in my home area the whole time I've had the phone. I did go to Philadelphia for a few days but I live outside the city in NJ and not far at all so I don't think that's it.

Sorry I have not had time to call and open a ticket but I will try and do that soon, they just have the notes on my account right now.

My SID is also correct, 8, in which Philadelphia is included so I have not left my home SID since I got the phone.

Last edited by janko10; 09-28-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: vzw

jlbusch is just getting started

whatever was going on seems much better the last 24 hrs including a few resets...been mostly in 3g eith a few trip to 1x at expected locations then quickly back to 3g...i'm also in seattle but have 206 area code(home sid is 6.correct)...i think it was a network or system issue that appears fixed for me...anyone else?

Last edited by jlbusch; 09-28-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbusch View Post
whatever was going on seems much better the last 24 hrs including a few resets...been mostly in 3g eith a few trip to 1x at expected locations then quickly back to 3g...i'm also in seattle but have 206 area code(home sid is 6.correct)...i think it was a network or system issue that appears fixed for me...anyone else?
I've gone 24 hours without getting totakly stuck in 1x before. so I'm not quite prepared to say it's fixed yet.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2