View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 10:41 AM
janko10
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Are you having trouble staying in 3G (getting stuck in 1X), VZW TP2 folks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefJerky View Post
Wirelessly posted (XV6875 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Well, I guess I spoke too soon. I recently did a hard reset, and now sometimes my TP2 drops down to 1x at home too. Thankfully a soft reset has always brought it back, which seems to be better than some others experiences.

I sure hope we can figure out a solution, as this is incredibly irritating. I'm also past my 30 days, so I can't get a different phone.

Also, to anyone who received a replacement phone that fixed the problem, could you please check your hardware, radio and ROM versions? I'm curious if any are different or newer. Thanks in advance!
I doubt they're newer but they could be.

I'm still having the issue as always. My phone has been perfect otherwise so I'm hesistant to try my luck with a refurb.

I was actually able to get it in a constantly switching mode the other night. It would rotate from 1X to 3G and back to 1X every 60 seconds. It would be in 1X, show full bars, no bars, full bars, no bars, etc, switch to 3G, full bars, no bars, full bars, no bars, switch back to 1X, rinse and repeat every 60 seconds or so. Amazing. First time I've seen that and I don't think I was doing anything different at the time.

I wanted to make a youtube video of it and send the link to VZW but I didn't have a camera to record it lol.