PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What kind of screen did you get?
Sprint good screen 183 40.94%
Sprint Bad screen 176 39.37%
Verizon good screen 45 10.07%
Verizon bad screen 3 0.67%
Other good screen 34 7.61%
Other bad screen 6 1.34%
Voters: 447. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH

FlatlandJu is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Good vs Bad screens (pictures + videos of both)

Not sure about that^ You likely could if everything's the same dimensions, and has the same plugs. I used to have the bad screen on telus, and then got my phone replaced and was pleased to notice i have the better screen, it really made fullscreen sideways everything so much better!
Old 06-04-2008, 09:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

i doubt you could swap it at all... most likely different connections...
Old 06-04-2008, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkmackson View Post
Well, does anyone know if the screen from a Mogul can be swapped into the touch?

I have asked the same thing and got no juice, I have looked on ebay at both screens compared they seem somewhat similar but its a not great pics picture.

These are the mogul 6800 replacement LCD compared to the cdma touch LCD front and back shots below.
First(left): Mogul 6800 front, Mogul 6800 back, Touch cdma LCD front&back, Touch cdma LCD front, and last(right) Touch cdma LCD front/b.

Last edited by Formula84; 06-04-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:59 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

IMO the better screen is 1000X better than the shallow angle screen. I also wonder is a mogul screen would fit.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procter View Post
No there has not been any official statement about screen quality and all of the stuff here are based on our own observation.

The bad thing is so far there's no clue about how to identify a good screen without breaking the package and compare it with a bad one in your hand. I hardly believe that the store would let you just go in and open all of their packages to see the screen without an official notice from corporate or manufacturer.

Btw, can you press the "good" screen to see if it also has the waterwave. I believe that may lead to the dark spots and smudge a lot of other people have experienced on their Touch.

No waterwave on neither the Sprint or Alltel (good or bad screens), but I did have a Sprint one that if you pressed hard enough you could affect the LCD enough to create a temp smudge, the spacing between the layers is far apart enough that you do not actually make contact with the LCD. But this is not true on all units.

Layers;
________________ <-- User applied screen protector
________________ <-- Top layer mylar (top as it comes stock)
________________ <-- Digitizer
________________ <-- Glass
Lots of space here because there is a rubbery material around the glass that seals the two halves and prevents dust/lint
________________ <-- Very Dark Thin Polarizing film
________________ <-- LCD

-CC
Old 06-05-2008, 10:39 AM
VIP Member

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This is the exact LCD that is in my "bad" Sprint Touches, with the engraved numbering and black thing between the engraving.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6900frontlcd.jpg (73.8 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by clockcycle; 06-05-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:59 AM
VIP Member

These look more like the one with the "good" screen.

I must stress, these are for REFERENCE ONLY. I am in no way claiming or stating that these are "good" screens. I posted these randomly for comparison purposes only, because they look similar. I am not endorsing or suggesting these sellers / items are the *correct* ones.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch, Touch Pro, BB8330

mandangalo is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mandangalo

apparently i have a bad screen
Old 06-05-2008, 03:33 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
These look more like the one with the "good" screen.

I must stress, these are for REFERENCE ONLY. I am in no way claiming or stating that these are "good" screens. I posted these randomly for comparison purposes only, because they look similar. I am not endorsing or suggesting these sellers / items are the *correct* ones.

Ok I guess we need a guinea pig, so I went ahead and orderd this screen, I have a spare touch with the less quality screen, so give me a fey days and I will report back on the quality of this ebay screen.

Thanks T M Z

P.S. Keep your fingers crossed...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
No waterwave on neither the Sprint or Alltel (good or bad screens), but I did have a Sprint one that if you pressed hard enough you could affect the LCD enough to create a temp smudge, the spacing between the layers is far apart enough that you do not actually make contact with the LCD. But this is not true on all units.

Layers;
________________ <-- User applied screen protector
________________ <-- Top layer mylar (top as it comes stock)
________________ <-- Digitizer
________________ <-- Glass
Lots of space here because there is a rubbery material around the glass that seals the two halves and prevents dust/lint
________________ <-- Very Dark Thin Polarizing film
________________ <-- LCD

-CC
Clockcycle..... you have a few mistakes. I have looked into this matter and have a friend that knows this specs. It goes like this...

Layers
___________ <---- screen protector
___________ <---- Top layer mylar (thick flexible plastic)
___________ <---- Digitazer

Space between this component and the actualy glass screen

___________ <---- Thick dark glued film (reduces over brighten lcd screen)
___________ <---- 1st layer glass LCD screen
___________ <---- Polarizing film (culprit)
___________ <---- 2nd Layer glass LCD screen

1st and 2nd glass LCD screens sandwich the polarizer and theres no way to remove it.

TMZ.... post your finds ASAP!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue