View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 10:33 AM
clockcycle
VIP Member

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Good vs Bad screens (pictures + videos of both)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procter View Post
No there has not been any official statement about screen quality and all of the stuff here are based on our own observation.

The bad thing is so far there's no clue about how to identify a good screen without breaking the package and compare it with a bad one in your hand. I hardly believe that the store would let you just go in and open all of their packages to see the screen without an official notice from corporate or manufacturer.

Btw, can you press the "good" screen to see if it also has the waterwave. I believe that may lead to the dark spots and smudge a lot of other people have experienced on their Touch.

No waterwave on neither the Sprint or Alltel (good or bad screens), but I did have a Sprint one that if you pressed hard enough you could affect the LCD enough to create a temp smudge, the spacing between the layers is far apart enough that you do not actually make contact with the LCD. But this is not true on all units.

Layers;
________________ <-- User applied screen protector
________________ <-- Top layer mylar (top as it comes stock)
________________ <-- Digitizer
________________ <-- Glass
Lots of space here because there is a rubbery material around the glass that seals the two halves and prevents dust/lint
________________ <-- Very Dark Thin Polarizing film
________________ <-- LCD

-CC