PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeriel05 View Post
Has anyone been able to get their TP replaced with a TP2 around the South Elgin,IL area? I tried at the st.charles and south elgin stores and they said the TP2 wasn't a option.
I got mine replaced in Gurnee at Gurnee Mills, but that's probably farther than you want to go. Also, it didn't sound like they were doing it too often from the way the rep was talking while activating it for me. For the record, I didn't even ask for it. They offered a few options including the TP2 so I took it.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: verizon

rb240z is becoming a great contributor

My girls TP vibrate feature has been dying (i like to kid her about her vibrator dying) so off to sprint last night. They couldn't fix it so told her they would replace it with any phone. She will have her TP2 on monday...... So if you are near crossgates mall in Guilderland, NY (near albany, ny) they are not giving TP replacements, the manager (joe i think it was) if letting you replace it with anything.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

nate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i called my guy this morning and in stock and will be here monday!!!! in michigan on union lake rd in union lake. woo hoo!!!!!
Old 10-23-2009, 10:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro
Carrier: sprint

vpantus is a n00b

Here is my story, I think it is worth the read.

So on Monday I was using Google maps as normal when I was driving. My screen started acting up. It was showing the info on the wrong side of the screen. The top part would be on the bottom, the bottom on the top. The left on the right, the right on the left. Basically it looks like a jigsaw puzzle and would go back and forth. I looked around on ppcgeeks for a solution and could not find anyone with a similar problem. Most users thought it was hardware issue. (I tried stock os).

When searching a saw this threaded called…. TP1 for TP2. Read it, and said woaah, cooooool. I don’t have TEP but the phone is under manufactures warranty. I bought it one eBay in May. After reading almost all the posts regarding the exchange, I wasn’t sure that if I would be able to get the tp2 (so many users tried, and were able to get it, but others were not able to choose the tp2 and replacement, others could not get it because it was out of stock, and so on).

Yesterday, I decided to give it a shot. I went to the only sprint store in a 50 miles radius here, and said my phone is glitching up with the screen. They checked, yes still under warranty, so repair won’t cost anything, but it will take over an hour. I say okay and leave. I come back 2 hours later , thinking to myself, okay if they think they phone is defective, they will prob try to order me another tp1, but ill ask for another phone, then they will prob offer a snap, or bb, and I would have to say those phones don’t match to my old phone…yada yada. I walk in and ask on the statues on my repair, the guy takes my eticket goes to the back, comes out seconds later and states “ you’re in the we are going to order you a new replacement phone- touch pro 2”……………..(at this point my mouth dropped(in my head))…..”Where do you want it shipped to your home or here?” I say home, he gives me my old phone, says it will be a couple of days and to make sure I sent the old one back. And that’s it!!! I then left.

I was sooooo surprised how little effort I had to put into getting this new phone. I thought I would have to arguing my way through, but it was just handed to me. Boy was I happy when I walked out. Thank God, is all I have to say.

So ya, that’s pretty much it, waiting on my new phone now.

Ps I the sprint store is in West Springfield, MA.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

cmgj is keeping up the good workcmgj is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpantus View Post

So on Monday I was using Google maps as normal when I was driving. My screen started acting up. It was showing the info on the wrong side of the screen. The top part would be on the bottom, the bottom on the top. The left on the right, the right on the left. Basically it looks like a jigsaw puzzle and would go back and forth. I looked around on ppcgeeks for a solution and could not find anyone with a similar problem. Most users thought it was hardware issue. (I tried stock os).

When searching a saw this threaded called…. TP1 for TP2. Read it, and said woaah, cooooool. I don’t have TEP but the phone is under manufactures warranty. I bought it one eBay in May. After reading almost all the posts regarding the exchange, I wasn’t sure that if I would be able to get the tp2 (so many users tried, and were able to get it, but others were not able to choose the tp2 and replacement, others could not get it because it was out of stock, and so on).

Yesterday, I decided to give it a shot. I went to the only sprint store in a 50 miles radius here, and said my phone is glitching up with the screen. They checked, yes still under warranty, so repair won’t cost anything, but it will take over an hour. I say okay and leave. I come back 2 hours later , thinking to myself, okay if they think they phone is defective, they will prob try to order me another tp1, but ill ask for another phone, then they will prob offer a snap, or bb, and I would have to say those phones don’t match to my old phone…yada yada. I walk in and ask on the statues on my repair, the guy takes my eticket goes to the back, comes out seconds later and states “ you’re in the we are going to order you a new replacement phone- touch pro 2”……………..(at this point my mouth dropped(in my head))…..”Where do you want it shipped to your home or here?” I say home, he gives me my old phone, says it will be a couple of days and to make sure I sent the old one back. And that’s it!!! I then left.

I was sooooo surprised how little effort I had to put into getting this new phone. I thought I would have to arguing my way through, but it was just handed to me. Boy was I happy when I walked out. Thank God, is all I have to say.

Congrats!

If I Helped you, Press Thanks!-------------|
Old 10-23-2009, 10:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kazanjig is just getting started

Quote:
FINALLY! Someone else in MA! I have the tech at the store in Framingham checking the stock for me, but that's still for priority 4 (return or refurb). Is yours going to be NIB (new in box)? Maybe it's worth a shot heading out to West Springfield on the Pike.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:43 AM
N00b

NEVERMIND! I literally got a call from my tech as I was hitting submit that my TP2 will arrive on Monday. Will be a priority 4, but chances are it'll be a return since it's so new. Yay!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

damn, nashville, store 1, turned down, rep said no go on getting one..... gonna move on to another store.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Super EVO 4G

goldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to goldgrillshinin

Quote:

I still dont know what to say.. That is a AMAZINGLY LUCKY STORY... Only thing I have gotten was to keep the stylus from my old phone when they ordered me another TP1 cause I didnt want to accept a downgrade.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:19 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldgrillshinin View Post
I still dont know what to say.. That is a AMAZINGLY LUCKY STORY... Only thing I have gotten was to keep the stylus from my old phone when they ordered me another TP1 cause I didnt want to accept a downgrade.
Apparently the Priority 4 (REC/RET) TP2 is in stock in the warehouse. Just got a call from the tech in Framingham, MA who ordered one for me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro