PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 07:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO !
Carrier: Sprint - OMJ

itsachirpthing is keeping up the good workitsachirpthing is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
I'm not sure if TTS problem in iGuidance and iGO are the same, but I suspect it is.

They may both use the same Engine ScanSoft RealSpeak Solo.

On many ROMs I see the exact same behavior.

Both Voice Command and HTC Messaging (as well as Windows Mobile Stock Messaging will knock TTS out).

On a fresh boot it works fine without the mortscript some of you are using for iGo. Until I send or receive a text message which starts HTC Messaging. If you are not using HTC Messaging it will still cause the Problem too. I think then it's called Text Messaging and the exe is tmail.exe

It's some sort of resource these apps a fighting for.
I think your on to the issue here that's baffled me for so long. People have argued the memory issue with me forever, but this just makes more sense, especially when you have huge amounts of RAM available and still no TTS. Great find on your work. I have inputed these to be killed with clean RAM in the customize process section. Works well. I may just change my script and cut the clean RAM loose. Thanks for your efforts to help us solve this issue.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Quote:
I'm not sure if TTS problem in iGuidance and iGO are the same, but I suspect it is.

They may both use the same Engine ScanSoft RealSpeak Solo.

On many ROMs I see the exact same behavior.

Both Voice Command and HTC Messaging (as well as Windows Mobile Stock Messaging will knock TTS out).

On a fresh boot it works fine without the mortscript some of you are using for iGo. Until I send or receive a text message which starts HTC Messaging. If you are not using HTC Messaging it will still cause the Problem too. I think then it's called Text Messaging and the exe is tmail.exe

It's some sort of resource these apps a fighting for.
Thank you also! I only have tmail.exe and just incase poutluck.exe to my customized list in cleanram and TTS works again after running the script.

Running cleanram alone without closing HTC Sense doesn't allow TTS to work which makes sense since it uses tmail resource while open.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:45 PM
VIP Member

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

I assume with this update I can probably run SPB mobile shell? SPB shell is starting to look really good with the Sense UI theme and would give up HTC sense as long as TTC works. I will try it and post back result. Hopefully SPB doesn't use the same tmail resource.

EDIT: It looks like SPB mobile shell also do not allow TTS to work. Got too hopeful but I'm happy with the original work around so I'll stick to it.

Last edited by aznmode; 01-25-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LLL
Carrier: Cricket

tpaxadpom is just getting started

I've got TTS running fine on MightyROM with HD2 manilla (12.30.09). Though today I had a horrible experience using this app. I almost missed very important appointment because of misbehaviour of this app. I was on freeway and had to take exit 13, though it was showing me that I had to travel additional 2.5 miles. I took nearest exit and got stuck in the traffic (school busses). The good news is that I had google maps as a backup and I disabled iGo8 I used some backroads with google maps help to get to destination. I can not wait until google maps releases the full version GPS software with TTS. From now on I won't rely on iGo8 for any important driving. I am not trying to discourage anyone from using iGo8, but having a backup navigation app/printed directions is a good thing.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsachirpthing View Post
I think your on to the issue here that's baffled me for so long. People have argued the memory issue with me forever, but this just makes more sense, especially when you have huge amounts of RAM available and still no TTS. Great find on your work. I have inputed these to be killed with clean RAM in the customize process section. Works well. I may just change my script and cut the clean RAM loose. Thanks for your efforts to help us solve this issue.
I agree, it's not memory. It's some other limited resource that's not being managed well.

Could someone look in their registry and see if iGo uses ScanSoft RealSpeakSolo

Search for each of those keywords (ScanSoft and/or RealSpeakSolo) and you'll find them probably somewhere under iGo configuration and elsewhere.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:02 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaxadpom View Post
I've got TTS running fine on MightyROM with HD2 manilla (12.30.09). Though today I had a horrible experience using this app. I almost missed very important appointment because of misbehaviour of this app. I was on freeway and had to take exit 13, though it was showing me that I had to travel additional 2.5 miles. I took nearest exit and got stuck in the traffic (school busses). The good news is that I had google maps as a backup and I disabled iGo8 I used some backroads with google maps help to get to destination. I can not wait until google maps releases the full version GPS software with TTS. From now on I won't rely on iGo8 for any important driving. I am not trying to discourage anyone from using iGo8, but having a backup navigation app/printed directions is a good thing.
+1. There are some POI I can't locate with Igo8 which I turn to Google maps for.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO !
Carrier: Sprint - OMJ

itsachirpthing is keeping up the good workitsachirpthing is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I agree, it's not memory. It's some other limited resource that's not being managed well.

Could someone look in their registry and see if iGo uses ScanSoft RealSpeakSolo

Search for each of those keywords (ScanSoft and/or RealSpeakSolo) and you'll find them probably somewhere under iGo configuration and elsewhere.
I had no luck finding any of those keywords with or with out a wildcard (*). iGo uses the loquendo voice data I believe.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsachirpthing View Post
I had no luck finding any of those keywords with or with out a wildcard (*). iGo uses the loquendo voice data I believe.
Thanks, that's ok, it's still a useful data point. There is a common denominator somewhere.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

oldgarfield is keeping up the good workoldgarfield is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaxadpom View Post
Usually I find that Garmin Mobile XT gives better routing compared with iGO, although Garmin Mobile XT does not have TTS yet. Anyone tried Sprint Navigation? Not sure if that's good. I doubt Google will release a navigation product for Windows Mobile since Android and WIndows Mobile are competitors.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

oldgarfield is keeping up the good workoldgarfield is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
Thank you also! I only have tmail.exe and just incase poutluck.exe to my customized list in cleanram and TTS works again after running the script.

Running cleanram alone without closing HTC Sense doesn't allow TTS to work which makes sense since it uses tmail resource while open.
Interesting thing is that I don't need to shutdown tmail.exe or poutlook in Malrom. And iGO TTS works! Maybe someone can compare Mighty and Malrom and see what are the differences.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc touch pro2, igo8, navigation, north america maps