PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 12:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

hzha is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

The English US - Susan & Dave (TTS) download links are broken in GPSunderground website too. Any other site I can down from?
Old 01-29-2010, 03:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

oldgarfield is keeping up the good workoldgarfield is keeping up the good work
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hzha View Post
The English US - Susan & Dave (TTS) download links are broken in GPSunderground website too. Any other site I can down from?
http://www.mediafire.com/?1xpnngcyqy1

This TTS pack can support announcing of destination left/right, but it seems to be wrong most of the time.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ TP2 XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

ramborami is keeping up the good workramborami is keeping up the good work

Anybody else having TIMEZONE issues?
iGo is not able to automatically set the timezone, so I set it manually. Then after using it a few times, I find that it changes my system clock to GMT timezone.

With iGo 8.3.4.117940, I've noticed that the timezone is sticking to what i set it to, unless I start using skins... then it resets everytime back to GMT... really annoying!!!!!!!
Old: VZW TP XV6850 >> VZW XV6900 >> VZW XV6800 >> VZW XV6700 >> VZW XV6600
Old 01-29-2010, 08:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO !
Carrier: Sprint - OMJ

itsachirpthing is keeping up the good workitsachirpthing is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramborami View Post
Anybody else having TIMEZONE issues?
iGo is not able to automatically set the timezone, so I set it manually. Then after using it a few times, I find that it changes my system clock to GMT timezone.

With iGo 8.3.4.117940, I've noticed that the timezone is sticking to what i set it to, unless I start using skins... then it resets everytime back to GMT... really annoying!!!!!!!
Add these lines to your "sys.txt" in your iGo folder.

[timezone]
sync_os_timezone=0
reset_os_timezone=0
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

DaddyLongLegs is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMeys View Post
Has anyone found a way to get iGO to read the phone contacts?
When you add all the addresses to your contacts, run the PDA version of IGO8 (not the PNA version like you're using) in some other directory on your phone. Boot up that Igo8. Now, in that save folder, find a file called gccache.dat. Go to your Igo8 folder (the one where TTS works; ie: the PNA version) and paste this file in THAT save folder. There you go! Your outlook contacts show up just fine. I guess the only reason this would be a pain is if you CONSTANTLY update your Outlook contacts addresses but who really does that? Just do what I said every few weeks or something or when you add a load of addresses to people's contacts and you are set. TTS *and* addresses from contacts. Hope this helped!

PS: Your contacts show up in POI and then under "C" for contacts (like where you'd find Hospital and Restaurant located).
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:04 AM
dtjohnst

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

For anyone still having problems getting TTS to work with MightyROM, try Dave instead of Susan. Susan doesn't work for me at all, tried several different sources to get the files from but she never spoke. Dave works for me every time. I even have Seven BETA chewing up a ton of memory and don't even have to shut it down or run the script posted earlier to run CleanRAM first.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I found that TTS does not work when opera 9.5 is running. In Malrom, Opera 10 is installed as default, and TTS works out of box.
A few days ago I replaced Opera 10 with 9.5 because I want to make zoom bar working. And bang! TTS no longer works once Opera 9.5 is running. It only works after first soft reset. Then if you run Opera 9.5 once, it will stop working even you kill the process using CleanRAM.
After I figured this out, I installed NoPush Internet cab, and also modified the registry to remove OpearL.exe from exclusive list. (HKCU->Software->HTC->TaskManager->Exclusivelist->System).

Now when I click x when opera runs, the opera can really exit from the memory. And TTS works again. I don't know about other ROMs because I never tried this with MightyROM. But maybe this is helpful to some of you...
Old 01-31-2010, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgarfield View Post
I found that TTS does not work when opera 9.5 is running. In Malrom, Opera 10 is installed as default, and TTS works out of box.
A few days ago I replaced Opera 10 with 9.5 because I want to make zoom bar working. And bang! TTS no longer works once Opera 9.5 is running. It only works after first soft reset. Then if you run Opera 9.5 once, it will stop working even you kill the process using CleanRAM.
After I figured this out, I installed NoPush Internet cab, and also modified the registry to remove OpearL.exe from exclusive list. (HKCU->Software->HTC->TaskManager->Exclusivelist->System).

Now when I click x when opera runs, the opera can really exit from the memory. And TTS works again. I don't know about other ROMs because I never tried this with MightyROM. But maybe this is helpful to some of you...
I can confirm I get the same behavior.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
I can confirm I get the same behavior.
So that means TTS can also work on other ROMS (e.g. MightyROM) as long as Opera is not in memory? I am excited about that because I still want to give MightYROM a shot. Battery-wise MightyROM seems to perform better than MalROM.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgarfield View Post
So that means TTS can also work on other ROMS (e.g. MightyROM) as long as Opera is not in memory? I am excited about that because I still want to give MightYROM a shot. Battery-wise MightyROM seems to perform better than MalROM.

beats me - on Stock VzW 6.1 I had not problems with TTS, period.

upgraded to Stock VzW 6.5 and have had some problems. have you checked out

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108357

???

thanks to mswlogo I think I have TTS working reliable again...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc touch pro2, igo8, navigation, north america maps