PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 12:25 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgarfield View Post
Interesting thing is that I don't need to shutdown tmail.exe or poutlook in Malrom. And iGO TTS works! Maybe someone can compare Mighty and Malrom and see what are the differences.
So I spent the last few hours getting igo8 setup as detailed in the first post. Everythings working great EXCEPT the TTS. I'm on Mightyrom WAR. I tried disabling sense, killing tmail and poutlk and still just get a sound when I select a TTS voice no speech. Is it just not compatible with some ROMS??
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

oldgarfield is keeping up the good workoldgarfield is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
So I spent the last few hours getting igo8 setup as detailed in the first post. Everythings working great EXCEPT the TTS. I'm on Mightyrom WAR. I tried disabling sense, killing tmail and poutlk and still just get a sound when I select a TTS voice no speech. Is it just not compatible with some ROMS??
MightyROM is a very nice ROM overall, but I never get lucky to make TTS work on his rom. The mortscript method works for a while and then no longer works. I am using Malrom 6.5 and TTS is never a problem again. Even I only get 60M memory, Sense enabled, poutlook and tmail in memory, TTS just works.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

slvrdrgn123 is becoming a great contributor

Not sure if this has been brought up yet or not, but have we compared registry keys in the iGO8 folder from working and non working roms?
Old 01-26-2010, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO !
Carrier: Sprint - OMJ

itsachirpthing is keeping up the good workitsachirpthing is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
I'm not sure if TTS problem in iGuidance and iGO are the same, but I suspect it is.

They may both use the same Engine ScanSoft RealSpeak Solo.

On many ROMs I see the exact same behavior.

Both Voice Command and HTC Messaging (as well as Windows Mobile Stock Messaging will knock TTS out).

On a fresh boot it works fine without the mortscript some of you are using for iGo. Until I send or receive a text message which starts HTC Messaging. If you are not using HTC Messaging it will still cause the Problem too. I think then it's called Text Messaging and the exe is tmail.exe

It's some sort of resource these apps a fighting for.
I have edited my script to kill tmail.exe, poutlook.exe, as well as Opera9.exe. This seems to have fixed the TTS issue. BTW, I'm running MightyROM 1-20 Sense 2.1 with voice command disabled. This is a great find. There are threads all over the net searching for this solution. Thanks a lot!

update: I also deleted the poutlook link in the startup folder as well.

Last edited by itsachirpthing; 01-26-2010 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Update.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500
Carrier: Sprint

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

TTS is on and off for me with Mighty's 1-20 ROM
Old 01-27-2010, 01:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsachirpthing View Post
I have edited my script to kill tmail.exe, poutlook.exe, as well as Opera9.exe. This seems to have fixed the TTS issue. BTW, I'm running MightyROM 1-20 Sense 2.1 with voice command disabled. This is a great find. There are threads all over the net searching for this solution. Thanks a lot!

update: I also deleted the poutlook link in the startup folder as well.
Having Voice Command disabled is another way to help avoid TTS issues.

But many of us want it on as much as having TTS working.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hi, I updated from VzW WM6.1 to VzW WM6.5 and now TTS does not work. I have read of others having similar issues...

Has anyone figured out how to make it work?
Old 01-28-2010, 12:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

hzha is a n00b

The link English US - Susan & Dave (TTS) in Post #1 is not working. Anybody know where I can download it now?
Old 01-28-2010, 01:44 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hzha View Post
The link English US - Susan & Dave (TTS) in Post #1 is not working. Anybody know where I can download it now?
GPSunderground website
Old 01-28-2010, 11:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

You guys might be instrested in a similar script I wrote for iGuidance

I think it shuts things down more smoothly which will free resources needed for TTS.

It would only take a few tweaks to make it iGo compatible again.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...07#post1524707

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc touch pro2, igo8, navigation, north america maps