PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 01:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

chlodad is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint 30 day return policy?? Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by technocrateus View Post
Hi, help please! I had made a successful call on 9/27 with an agent who said she would credit $150 but that it would be sent to back office and take up to 5 business days. It's been 5 days, I called back and account services refuses to honor. In fact, they had said the note said that the offer was declined!!! Sprint has outright lied about this! I called back 2x and both times the supervisors refused to to provide the discount and refuse to recognize the fact that Sprint agent has made a mistake.

Any ideas on what to do?
Beware Sprint is lying to people. I have been going round and round with them all week, Finally fed up with them I decided to return the phones before the 30 days end, for me (Oct.6) I asked for return kit they easily agreed and said they were sending it, I asked them to send me email conformation for it,they agreed. 4 hrs. later no email, I called back to check conformation and was told no return order was ever placed and had to connect to Telesales for a return kit. Talking with Telesales, I was informed that the department that told me they were sending me a return kit had no authority or ability to do so.
My take on this is, Sprint figured while I was waiting around for my bogus belief a return kit was coming in the mail my 30 days would come and go and I would be stuck in a 2 year contract and the higher price for the phones. I believe they are telling people a credit is to be posted some days later, only to exceed their 30 days as-well. If they can credit some peoples account immediately they can for all. That's my 2 cents
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

MNMAN is a n00b
Re: Sprint 30 day return policy?? Beware

Why not return to store then?
Old 10-03-2009, 01:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dimomand

foxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlodad View Post
Beware Sprint is lying to people.

your dilemma is no mean a trend or conspiracy that multi-billion dollar company want to waste time on. you can't just claim that the whole company is bad just because there are one or two bad incidents. one or two employees can have a bad day and make mistakes but that does not mean the company is bad.

You can't never make everyone happy.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:10 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

chlodad is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNMAN View Post
Why not return to store then?
No corporate store in my town, They said it had to be returned back to telesales.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:59 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

chlodad is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxnews View Post
your dilemma is no mean a trend or conspiracy that multi-billion dollar company want to waste time on. you can't just claim that the whole company is bad just because there are one or two bad incidents. one or two employees can have a bad day and make mistakes but that does not mean the company is bad.

You can't never make everyone happy.
Very true, I have been with Sprint nearly 10 years. I love Sprint. I have had issues over the years getting jerked around by CS with something on my plan from time to time and then you get the right rep. on the phone and they more than make up for the poor CS. I just can't get past the idiots this time.
My only leverage right now is to return the Phones under the 30 days, cancel my service and open a business account with Sprint, then get the phones at $199.00
Such a waste for Sprint to do it this way, they are aware to what I am doing, but they think I'm waiting for my bogus return kit and I will bust my 30 day return privilege. I have tried calling different numbers there but somehow keep getting the same group of idiots

Last edited by chlodad; 10-03-2009 at 03:24 AM.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to pirish

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlodad View Post
No corporate store in my town, They said it had to be returned back to telesales.
It does not have to be returned to telesales. Also, if there are no corporate stores near by, you can bring it to a regular Sprint store and cancell your account. There are a couple of hoops you will have to jump through to get this accomplished, and Sprint CS will not tell you before hand that this is possible, but I have done it, and, even though it is a pain, if you are dead set on cancelling, it can be done.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I suggest always waiting on the phone with the rep until the email comes through, also get names and ID's, etc.

Also, try to use proper annunciation avoid using slang terms. Speak like a businessman, calm, deliberative, and with proper English (even if they don't). Don't get too angry, it will get noted and screw you on future calls (it sometimes takes multiple calls to get your point across).

Don't swear, even as you are hanging up on Sprint. Be a person of class, not crass. I could go on, but those that get it, get it, and those that don't, think they're "normal". We don't all live in the same world, unfortunately. Some amongst us will need some jail time to learn not to steal, lie to insurance companies, etc. Just be glad I'm not in charge, I favor the "feet first through a tree chipper" solution for theives, whether it be software, phones, money, or anything else.

Last edited by Mr. X; 10-03-2009 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Was reported offensive, some of the terms used to describe "speaking stupidly" were in reference to racial types it seemed.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Actually as a business owner, I feel it only takes one employee to ruin the image of an entire corporation. People should not be employed if they cant do they're jobs. Part of that reps job is to transfer to the correct department to send the return kit. Although I also believe in accountability. Thats why I ordered my return kit the day I got the phone.. Just in case.Sprint has a proven track record of being sneaky like that.. I might mention it did take 2 weeks for the kit to come. So that kinda proves the OP claims.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

meechieervin is keeping up the good workmeechieervin is keeping up the good work

you forgot one dont talk like a hillbilly
Old 10-03-2009, 08:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I was told originally that I would get the $150 credit when it was proven VZW's phone was $150 cheaper. I had to call a couple of times but did end up getting it. I ended up speaking to retentions a couple of times and was informed by each of the people I spoke with that they are only allowed to credit an account $100 per person so the rep had to have their manager add the additional $50 but this literally took minutes. And the confirmation e-mail came through when I was still on the phone with them. Have you tried retentions? And I completely agree with the earlier posts, speak clearly, don't raise your voice, no swearing, etc. I've worked in CS for years and like my grandmother used to tell me, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar... Be nice and even if you don't hear what you want to hear, kindly ask to speak with the manager. I find rententions the best way of dealing with them, but don't tell them you're then going to sign up w/ a business plan, tell them you'll go to Verizon as their plans are getting more and more competitive w/ Sprints, which they truly are. But I've found, even having both Sprint and VZW, that Sprint's CS is far and beyond better than VZW any day of the week, IMHO!! Good luck!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2